• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
bezostease.png

I fucking hope amazon closes. Doesn't make sense when you got a cluster of 200 or more in one spot all working together. And thats just one department.
Its a recipe for disaster.

DarthBuzzard

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
So I imagine I would be ok to go outside and take a quick walk, right? I won't be in close proximity to anyone, so I guess this is ok?

Being cooped up inside has my anxiety acting up, so I wanted to get some fresh air.
It's plausible that virus droplets in the air from people coughing/sneezing/breathing could persist in the area they were emitted or even travel far through wind.

www.wired.com

They Say Coronavirus Isn't Airborne—but It's Definitely Borne by Air

The word “airborne” means different things to different scientists, and that confusion needs to be addressed.

I'd take caution if your area has lots of infections. I wouldn't be going outside at all if that happens.

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Most evenings I go out for a walk in my relatively quiet UK country town. Kept a keen eye on who's about lately. Last few weeks, it's been a solid 10-15 groups on my hour walk and all the pubs on my route have a fair crowd each night. Tonight after Boris' speech, I've seen maybe three people walking about and most pubs have one or two people at most. I'm glad that at least tonight people seem to be listening where I am.

Popping next door tomorrow to let the elderly folks next door know I'm here to help.

xplatformer

Oct 30, 2017
Los Angeles
My country is being run by an ignorant man at a difficult time unlike any in the past 50 years. An isolationist ignorant man.

We gotta handle this shit ourselves.

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Germany is a federalized state. It doesn't have the constitutional rights to order a state to do something that is in their jurisdiction.

True, but at the same time Merkel emphasized how these guidelines from today were worked out in agreement between the government and all heads of states. So this isn't a good look.

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Portugal might be locked down now. My wife's flight from Spain is cancelled, and now they say they don't think tomorrow's flight will be allowed either.

FUCK.

DarthBuzzard

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
Trying to convince a friend that we shouldn't go to a planned pub event in London this Friday that will cram 100+ people into a small pub. And this person is intelligent.
They don't exactly sound intelligent to me. They have education on their side going by your account, which is notably different than intelligence.

Anyone with legitimate thinking capabilities for how to handle general life situations should understand at this point that cramming 100+ people into a bar is a really bad idea.

cb1115

Oct 25, 2017
so like

am i wrong in saying that the time for "recommendations and guidelines" passed a week ago

Sunfyre

Jan 15, 2020
True, but at the same time Merkel emphasized how these guidelines from today were worked out in agreement between the government and all heads of states. So this isn't a good look.

Yeah, I work retail in NRW and we have no fucking idea what is actually going to happen. No word from our Landesregierung. No idea what they are thinking.

DarthBuzzard

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
I mean, I'm all for social distancing and being smart...But you're suggesting people sit inside and do nothing for at least a year. That seems unfeasible.
I mean, it could work if people didn't value the lack of boredom/connection over their lives and the lives of others.

China did it pretty well. They locked everything down and then had food deliveries sent out to individuals. The only legitimate reason people should leave their house in a lockdown is for food/supplies, but if those are delivered, why leave? delivery.

Well we know why, it's because plenty of people can't stand it, and it's a shame because people really should learn to live in a war-time situation with a serious mindset. Coronavirus is our generation's World War in it's societal impact; people shouldn't be messing around in these situations.

But they will, and many of us will have to pay for it.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
In the US? Not even close.
So what would you call close?
Depends on where you live. It's not even close to its peak in the US which is where I'm at.
New York
NO. It is just beginning.
The beginning was January, when the virus began. It wasn't all around the world in the beginning.
About a month away.

Assuming we get our shit on order and right quick.
So it will be at its worst in the middle of April

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
isn't it at its worst right now?
for most of the world no.... we are near the start of the curve. cases will continue to double every 3 days until we get to about 50% of the population infected unless we take the measures we are taking.

thus why it is so important to flatten the curve.

these 2-3 week things they are announced are basically when you are on the runway and they tell you it will be 20 minutes and it's actually over an hour. They knew from the start it was going to be over an hour but told you 20 minutes to make you feel more relaxed.

CielYoshi

May 10, 2018
Santiago, Chile
I mean, it could work if people didn't value the lack of boredom/connection over their lives and the lives of others.

China did it pretty well. They locked everything down and then had food deliveries sent out to individuals. The only legitimate reason people should leave their house in a lockdown is for food/supplies, but if those are delivered, why leave? delivery.

Well we know why, it's because plenty of people can't stand it, and it's a shame because people really should learn to live in a war-time situation with a serious mindset. Coronavirus is our generation's World War in it's societal impact; people shouldn't be messing around in these situations.

Sorry, but I'm the 5th day of self-isolation and I probably already infected my household over them preventing me from commiting suicide. I just can't be alone.

52club

Oct 27, 2017
Have a feeling this change in Trump is in direct reaction to him getting polls on voters rating his response.

On a side note I feel moderation of this thread has been fine, rumors in this may seem crazy, but on a consistent basis equal or more extreme steps have been taken by the entities involved.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
www.rawstory.com

Here's how the Kushner family is cashing in on the coronavirus

The Kushner family is trying to cash in on the pandemic that could kill millions of us.Oscar Health, the health insurance company co-founded by Jared Kushner’s younger brother, announced Friday that it has launched a testing center locator for COVID-19 in the United States with more than 100...

Why did Trump reject the WHO kits? Hmmmm

Oscar Health was criticized in 2018 for selling health insurance in Ohio through the Affordable Care Act with a deductible of $15,800. The company sold health insurance under the Affordable Care Act in 15 states for 2020.

Billionaire Peter Thiel, a Trump supporter who co-founded Pay Pal, invested millions in Oscar Health through his Founders Fund. Joshua Kushner's father-in-law is New York doctor Kurt Kloss who turned to his Facebook group of emergency room doctors for advice to pass onto Team Trump about how best to handle the pandemic

Oscar Health lost $110 million in 2019, almost double the $57 million the company lost in 2018

Another Kushner bailout.

Priapus

Oct 27, 2017

I will hold my opinion until China ramps up production again before a vaccine is found. A second wave isn't unfeasable.