• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Everyone please take care and get what you need to do ASAP, if you are not already in a location with a lockdown. My adrenaline hitting with the Bay Area thing and... it's nuts... It really feels surreal.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah you can't give Trump (or most politicians and conmen) a two part question, they'll just ignore the part they don't like.

Man he still refuses to take responsibility for anything. PREP THE CAMPAIGN ADS

GK86

Oct 25, 2017

twitter.com

Yamiche Alcindor on Twitter

“Pres Trump's tone about coronavirus has COMPLETELY changed today. He is saying this could last until July, August or longer, there may be a recession, outbreak is not under control, & US healthcare systems may not have resources needed to treat all Americans who may need help.”

TorianElecdra

Feb 25, 2020
"Enhanced Quarantine" in the Philippines (posted on PH subreddit)

Summary:
  • President Duterte: Work in public and private sectors limited to work from home arrangements.
  • Everyone will stay at home leaving their house only to buy food, medicine, and other necessities to survive the coming days. (only 1 person per household can get out)
  • Only establishments that provide services like food and medicine shall be open.
  • The President asks business to tone down or stop operations, urged businesses to payout 13th month pay.
  • He also instructed DSWD & DOLE to implement measures that will ease burden of community quarantine on SMEs and daily wage workers.
  • President Duterte says there should be moratorium on collecting rent for people who will not be able to work.
  • LGUs (Mayors) are empowered and cuts the process and fast track action as long as it follows the penal code "the book" and the laws and as long as it helps contain the contagion
  • For business, when contagion worsens there is a possibility of temp closure (insert veerus)
  • Arrests cannot happen unless there is physical altercation with authorities; people on the ground (soldiers/police) are only following orders
  • Big businesses are requested to help (with a skeletal force) those who are in need, requests united approach by industry players against Covid-19
  • Govt pledges that there will be a way for citizenry to rise up, (Duterte pledges his own wealth), but also requesting to the private sector if possible to assist; some big businesses have already pledged help and Duterte expresses thanks to them and will go around to search for more
  • Limitation of movement. Work from home if possible. If not — please stay home still.
  • apprehension is understood but please understand (° -° )
  • if quarantine works, 14 days may give us enough time to have a reliable count on those afflicted. And if done right, no spread will happen but cases will rise only due to unconfirmed existing cases at this point
  • All is at risk, thanks for the First respondents/Health workers and front liners; appreciation will be given it a more tangible way, DOH has been tapped to search for a way for more compensation — PAGCOR has given 2B for the taskforce, "we have the money."

Can't believe even Duterte is taking better humanitarian-leftist actions than the supossedly "leftist" president of my country, whose people are still fantasizing about stealing China's industrial investors.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Oh fuck, look at her calling boomers the greatest generation. Fuuuuuuuuck ooooooofffff
lmao at the Boomers being labeled the Greatest Generation, and that Millenials are being shouldered with any blame is laughable. These people.
Did she actually say that? Cuz that's the name of the generation that grew up during the great depression, it's a real name that is not the boomers. I was listening to it in the background and I thought that's what she was referring to, protecting that generation, because they're old and vulnerable.

If she did say that, she's just plain wrong.

Oct 29, 2017
Did she actually say that? Cuz that's the name of the generation that grew up during the great depression. I was listening to it in the background and I thought that's what she was referring to, protecting that generation, because they're old and vulnerable.

To be fair then yeah I'm not 100% sure if she meant that Boomers are the greatest generation, or if she was referring to the remaining elderly Greatest Generation citizens. She could have meant the latter, you're right.

I just listened to that. I think she was talking about millenials protecting the literal Greatest Generation (WW2 generation), and their children (the boomers)

Yeah, I believe this to be case after listening again. Apologies for contributing to a kneejerk reaction.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Coronavirus threads really need to be regulated a lot more by the mods. Can't believe that Oscars one. It's one thing to ignore the entirety of gaming section in a time like this, but sometimes I just go "what the fuck" when I open Etc.