• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CampFreddie

A King's Landing
Oct 25, 2017
So according to Public Health England's GIS tracker, Leeds had 19 cases yesterday but only 14 today.
The tracker does not discount recovered people, so what the fuck? I guess someone fucked up the reporting yesterday.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
Really weird vibe in the office right now. Trying to focus on getting work done while expecting at some point this week to hear we're shutting down for a while. Hard not to check the news. You can feel people are uneasy even if nobody is saying it.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
In Round Rock, Texas (North Austin suburb)

Both the wife and I are WFH until March 30th, but we just got word from Round Rock ISD this morning that they are closed through at least April 3rd. This was in regards to our 13yo 8th grader. We're also keeping our toddler out of daycare for the duration of our WFH period. The main infection vector we have right now is our 18yo, who works in fast food, but since he is technically part-time and doesn't really work the drivethru, if they go to carryout/delivery-only, he'll probably lose hours and be home anyway.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Gov Abbot of Texas just said that "more than 200" Texans have been tested and we are waiting for results from 300 more. JFC only like 500 Texans have been tested?

Oct 27, 2017
TX Governor says testing centers opening in SA this week and will be able to test 10k + a day soon, and says Trump told him they will be able to test 1M+ per day soon

HipsterMorty

alt account
Banned
Jan 25, 2020
Germany has 7241 cases and South Korea has 8236. How can they be in the early stages?
Yeah they might not be considered early stages anymore. I guess I'm just saying in comparison to China which has had 80k cases, their data isn't going to be as accurate. The statistics seem to vary quite a bit by country, so I would take data from any one specific country with a grain of salt.

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Dutch Prime Minister had a pretty sobering speech. Pretty much confirming that a controlled approach to herd immunity is the best thing we can hope for. As closing down entire counties for months on end is pretty futile as it severely damages the economy and it's no guarantee that the virus will be back the second we go back to normal.

Pretty much everyone will get it eventually and slowing down the rate of the spread to make sure health care isn't overwhelmed is the name of the game.

A rather bleak but most realistic view of the coming period.

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
Fiance just got laid off and I'm now teaching virtually from home. I'm immunocomped with organ damage so I'm actually glad. I'm so so thankful my income can safely float us but man. This is scary times. Planting a garden today and going to quarantine ourselves.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
TX Governor says testing centers opening in SA this week and will be able to test 10k + a day soon, and says Trump told him they will be able to test 1M+ per day soon

I understand people wanting to get tested but getting 10k+ possibly infected people a day to leave their houses and go to one place to go get tested seems dumb. If you think you have it you shouldn't be leaving your home unless you need medical care.

canonj

Oct 27, 2017
For places that are doing lockdowns, what does that mean exactly? Are ALL businesses and offices closed besides those deemed essential?

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
French President Emmanuel Macron announced:
France is in semi lock down starting noon tomorrow, for 15 days. People will be able toleave home for groceries, health, mandatory work not compatible with homework, and a small physical exercise ALONE. Gatherings are forbidden, be it family or not.
If i understood well, European Union is in full lockdown for people for 30 days starting midday tomorrow , no traveler from abroad will be able to enter or leave the EU, unless it is to rejoin their homeland.
War time field hospitals will be deployed in regions in need.

Rent, water bills, electricity bills , loan interests, bank fees for accounts in the red, taxes, are suspended where necessary to keep people andbusinesses afloat.

Ketch

Oct 25, 2017
I work at an outpatient physical therapy clinic in Oregon and was just told there's no need for me to come in because most of our patients have cancelled.

I don't get paid if I don't go to work.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
He basically said a lot whilst saying nothing. Things like we won't support large events but not banning them, we advise don't go to pubs etc but not forcing them to close, don't want people traveling but keeping schools open. It was weird as fuck.
Huh, thanks for the summary

elty

Oct 31, 2017
Meanwhile, Ontario Canada still has no community transmission because everything is PENDING.