• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
"it's my god-given right to get the disease if I want to" is literally an earnest thing I just read on Twitter

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
I understand this sounds weird, but please help me out.

I am a senior in high school, and we're off for two weeks as of right now. But the CDC is saying that we're not supposed to be in crowds of over 50 people for eight weeks, do we might have off school for that time.

My step-dad is saying I might not go back to school, because I'm a senior and they might just say my year is complete.

Please tell me that he's wrong, and that I'll go back to school. I don't want my year to end yet. It's too early. I want to see everyone again before I move on.

Chorazin

Nov 13, 2017
Lancaster County, PA, USA

I am a senior in high school, and we're off for two weeks as of right now. But the CDC is saying that we're not supposed to be in crowds of over 50 people for eight weeks, do we might have off school for that time.

My step-dad is saying I might not go back to school, because I'm a senior and they might just say my year is complete.

Please tell me that he's wrong, and that I'll go back to school. I don't want my year to end yet. It's too early. I want to see everyone again before I move on.

I am so sorry but I'm not going to sugar coat this: he's probably right.

Oct 25, 2017
On a lighter note, anyone else possibly stuck with a hilariously overdue haircut due to not finding time before the social distancing kicked in?
Yes, I was way overdue and kept putting it off. It's going to be comical by the time I feel up to going to the barbershop. I'll probably buy some clippers and trim at home just to make it manageable.

Worse, I was also putting off a dentist appointment. Hope I can get in before my FSA money expires in the summer.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017

Well...Mayor deBlasio of NYC said school could possibly be done for the school year, so while not a certainty, it's a definite possibility. Things are changing by the day, we have no clue if those 8 weeks are going to be extended or not.

And honestly, I kinda agree with him. Colleges pretty much just look at your Freshman through Junior years. Senior year you're just floating by until school's over unless you are in AP classes for college credit.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
If the world economy really shut down and major cities in lock-down for two months, how large would the recession be hit? Will it more serious than the one in 2008?

I'm a teacher. We understand all of this. People are working so hard behind the scenes for you guys right now. This is one of the biggest concerns we have for our seniors.

The reality is we may not come back into session this year. It's to keep you and everyone you love safe and healthy.

Jul 18, 2018
How is everyone with a S/O doing? I have not seen it discussed much in this thread. We being intimate orrr..??
It's not a sexual transmitted disease, so guess don't have to worry about intercourse like that. But we also don't know all the fluids COVID can transmit through. But assuming you have a S/O, you have already kissed, so that fluid transfer is already done. I would say, just avoid contact if one of you are sick or have sick/flu like symptoms or even things alike mucus discharge etc

We have already gotten intimate quite a few times already this week . But we also as of now are both healthy, were able to work from home and have limited contact with public. But who knows if anyone of us are carriers without testing

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Speaking of schools, and I doubt this will happen, but this was a topic of conversation recently:
The government should cancel this year's GCSE and A-level exams and hold them in 2021, with pupils repeating the current year if the Covid-19 outbreak leads to widespread disruption, the head of England's most successful multi-academy trust has told the Guardian.
Hamid Patel, the chief executive of Star Academies which runs a string of outstanding state schools in London, Birmingham, Manchester and other cities, says the government should "do the unthinkable" and postpone this summer's exams immediately, along with Sats tests to be taken by England's primary school pupils, to save lives during the peak infection period of May to June.

That may mean requiring this year's pupils to effectively start again in the next academic year in September, sitting their exams in spring 2021, Patel said.
www.theguardian.com

Cancel this year's GCSEs and A-levels if schools disrupted, says top academy head

Hamid Patel, of Star Academies, calls on government to reschedule exams for 2021

Would be incredibly disruptive.

Nov 27, 2017
On a lighter note, anyone else possibly stuck with a hilariously overdue haircut due to not finding time before the social distancing kicked in?

I was just thinking this yesterday. I'm not due quite yet but I probably would be in a week or two. I'm sure some are gonna be way worse off than me, but I'm sure a lot of people are gonna be in that boat.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I predict there's going to be a whole lot of Corona-babies from this. You've got people shacked up for weeks together, might as well fuck to pass the time.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Unfortunately so and it's already getting all in my face meaning I have to get it out of my face and thus touch my face. I'm doomed

viskod

Nov 9, 2017
How is everyone with a S/O doing? I have not seen it discussed much in this thread. We being intimate orrr..??

He stays home so the only way he gets it is if I get it while at work or making runs to the grocery store and if I catch it I'm sure I'll have passed it to him before I start showing symptoms just by virtue of living together in the same space.

Besides, sex is good for the immune system so no reason to stop.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
twitter.com

NDR Niedersachsen on Twitter

“In Niedersachsen soll es weitere Einschränkungen geben, um die Ausbreitung des Coronavirus einzudämmen. Die Landesregierung will ab 15 Uhr informieren. https://t.co/yNUQunzdsR überträgt im Livestream. https://t.co/U2FEPuc416”

Please do a f'n lockdown.

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
Looks I'll be staying home all week. Work told me not to come in even if I do so much as cough even once. Fuck it.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
155 people in TWO WEEKS here. The fastest country after China. WE ARE FUCKED thanks to our criminal and incompetent government. Fuck

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Yep.
I should have gone at least 3 weeks ago.
My hair will be a sight to behold at the end of the shutdown

I'm probably a month to a month and a half overdue. Unfortunately my hair gets ridiculously thick. It's so uncomfortable. I tolerate it a bit more in the winter since it's obviously warmer, but it's getting beyond that.

Yes, I was way overdue and kept putting it off. It's going to be comical by the time I feel up to going to the barbershop. I'll probably buy some clippers and trim at home just to make it manageable.

Worse, I was also putting off a dentist appointment. Hope I can get in before my FSA money expires in the summer.

I'd probably feel ok going to a dentist since they're pretty ridiculously clean about everything. Not saying hair stylists and stuff aren't, but compared a dentist it's not really the same realm.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Amazon should hold a competition to see which state can best manage the spread, with a $1 billion prize. States would be falling over themselves to see who could shut down the most things the fastest.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
I'd probably feel ok going to a dentist since they're pretty ridiculously clean about everything. Not saying hair stylists and stuff aren't, but compared a dentist it's not really the same realm.
I had an email from my dentist today saying it's business as usual - they're taking extra precautions etc. I'm not due to go for a month or so anyway.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I meant we sleep together, people cough and such in their sleep. If either of us got symptoms that's one thing but hard to isolate in a house when you have two young kids
I can only imagine, though take some solace in the way the young have avoided the worst of this. Difficulty in not being able to send them to (older) extended family too no doubt. Hopefully both of you all pass without incident.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a bit surprised CRA hasn't made any extension to the tax deadline yet. Feel like it's gotta be coming though.

kris.

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Developed a consistent dry cough the past few days and have been having trouble breathing which isn't usually how my spring allergies go. Massive headache to go along with it. No fever though luckily. No idea what's happening to me but my boss told me to work from home so that owns.

This all sucks hahaha