• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

99nikniht

Oct 28, 2017
Why in the fuck are fear mongers in here spreading shit like possible 2 week mandatory quarantine for the nation and shit. It's not nearly as bad as some of you are making it out to be. Be smart, follow the things you can do washing hands, distance, etc and in a couple of weeks maybe 3-4 max thing will resume.

Your statements here is just as bad as the fearmongers. Down playing the severity of the pandemic does not do anyone any good either. Your statements are as bad as when Trump was calling this a hoax 3 weeks ago, now he heel turned big time.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Why in the fuck are fear mongers in here spreading shit like possible 2 week mandatory quarantine for the nation and shit. It's not nearly as bad as some of you are making it out to be. Be smart, follow the things you can do washing hands, distance, etc and in a couple of weeks maybe 3-4 max thing will resume.

No.

Go Away.

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
I have seen it. We are neither of those countries. For starters we have a much higher youth population than Italy and while we weren't great at responding to it states are taking some decent measures. End of the day there is no way the US stays like this for 8 weeks plus. We have more hospitals and can accommodate more at a certain point we will turn everything back on it's bound to happen
You're right. If anything, we're in a much worse shape than any of those countries, considering we don't even guarantee health insurance for everyone. Not to mention all the obesity, diabetes, and plethora of other health issues that affect millions Americans.

Are you an epidemiologist or a public health expert? How would know that things are just going to work themselves out in a couple of weeks? What do you know that public health experts don't? Because while I may not be a public health expert myself, I personally know some of the top public health experts in this country through my work at Johns Hopkins, and *they* don't share in your blind optimism.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Well, it's this or nothing. The government won't build something that would work in the same amount of time.

Pretty sure that was sadly already debunked.

Nobody is fear mongering. However, you are spreading misinformation. Washing your hands and keeping distance is not enough. Obviously.

3-4 weeks and this is over? You are not informed or aware of the actual problem. This shit is only just beginning.

So we should just accept half ass bullshit site that they didnt even have to over promise on? this is all a joke. It makes me angry how some handwave this crap away. We are so unprepared for all of this.

Oct 25, 2017
Since some people need numbers. Today from Gov Cuomo

"New York hospitals have 53,000 beds, including 3,000 beds in intensive care units. The ICU beds are about 80% occupied, according to Cuomo.

As of Sunday, 137 of the 729 people who have tested positive for the coronavirus have been hospitalized. There are 65 coronavirus patients in ICUs, 46 of whom are on ventilators. "

Oct 27, 2017
I have seen it. We are neither of those countries. For starters we have a much higher youth population than Italy and while we weren't great at responding to it states are taking some decent measures. End of the day there is no way the US stays like this for 8 weeks plus. We have more hospitals and can accommodate more at a certain point we will turn everything back on it's bound to happen
See you in 8 weeks yeah?

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
I still don't understand people down playing this. Money rules the world it really does and if the NCAA is going to take a giant loss and lose a ton of money by canceling March madness, then it must be pretty serious.

Always get agitated when I hear "It's just a flu". Mother ducker do you think Disney would close like 40% of there monthly earnings if it was just another flu...

Deleted member 4614

Oct 25, 2017
Verily was a limited, Bay Area-only program, that someone at Google came up with. Then Trump made it sound like a huge government-funded solution so people thought he had a plan. If your trying to throw something together quickly using an existing in-house authentication makes sense.

To be clear Verily is Alphabet's life sciences company that's been around for years

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Well, it's this or nothing. The government won't build something that would work in the same amount of time.

Pretty sure that was sadly already debunked.

Nobody is fear mongering. However, you are spreading misinformation. Washing your hands and keeping distance is not enough. Obviously.

3-4 weeks and this is over? You are not informed or aware of the actual problem. This shit is only just beginning.

The guy who posted that his mom got a text from a friend who had a friend who had an uncle that worked at Nintendo who said Trump is going to lock down the entire country for two weeks so everyone should "stock up" was definitely fear mongering.

WoahW

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You're right. If anything, we're in a much worse shape than any of those countries, considering we don't even guarantee health insurance for everyone. Not to mention all the obesity, diabetes, and plethora of other health issues that affect millions Americans.

Are you an epidemiologist or a public health expert? How would know that things are just going to work themselves out in a couple of weeks? What do you know that public health experts don't? Because while I may not be a public health expert myself, I personally know some of the top public health experts in this country through my work at Johns Hopkins, and *they* don't share in your blind optimism.
Christ you people are on edge I never said it would work itself out re-read my post. I said I'm guessing that point where business and people say fuck it and resume like normal will be about a month

Mar 8, 2020
Washington State
We got people saying the whole US is going on a 2 week lockdown and they heard it from their uncle's friend who works at Nintendo, sure no one is stirring shit up

Washington is tough because it hit hard in the very beginning before anything could take place like stores closing early and whatnot. Maybe because I live in rural Midwest but not a ton has changed here outside of more people staying inside

Two weeks ago, I was not even thinking about not going outside. It was business as usual here. Hopefully, those states who are not as bad as we are will take heed and do the necessary precautions as to avoid seeing triple figure infected. I usually roll with the punches but this shit is scary. Our stores are wiped out, no disinfectant to be found and the wife and I are turning into preppers. I truly hope you are right and we can all have a pint and wait for this to all blow over lol

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Your idiot take could've maybe been ignored about two weeks ago but now? Hell no.

There's nothing fear mongering about what's going on right now, if anything, it's the opposite. People like you are the reason American hasn't been testing enough or why we dragged our feet so much.

Time to stop pretending everything is gonna be just fine, it ain't until you realize how serious this is.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
This week will be really interesting for stats, we can expect to start to see the number of listed recoveries to increase a lot, which should give is a better idea of different countries ability to treat cases, mainly looking at Italy, Japan, Iran, and especially South Korea. South Korea has only 1200 closed cases but 7000 active. There is bound to be a good increase of recoveries. Iran is at 4500 recoveries, highest in the world after China, so curious how it trends this week with 8600 currently open cases.

IzzyRX

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
User banned (3 days): ignoring staff post regarding unsubstantiated sources and fearmongering
People are talking about a new virus already, what the fuck?

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Had a family member parrot the "two week quarantine" thing an hour ago, so it's definitely going around for better or worse

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Great answer my guy! Let's just all panic and whip into a frenzy while we're at it. How bout you chill on the net for a bit no one is saying this isn't serious but whipping people into a panic over some here say bullshit is ridiculous

The logic in all of your posts are so flawed it is impossible to deal with you

It is almost like you believe in magic

It is impossible to deal with someone that has this mind set

WoahW

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Your idiot take could've maybe been ignored about two weeks ago but now? Hell no.

There's nothing fear mongering about what's going on right now, if anything, it's the opposite. People like you are the reason American hasn't been testing enough or why we dragged our feet so much.

Time to stop pretending everything is gonna be just fine, it ain't until you realize how serious this is.
The guy posting everyone needs to stock up because they heard from a friend of friends of friends the US is going on a 2 week lockdown isn't fear mongering? Why the fuck can people not be level headed about this. Is it serious, absolutely, is it end times absolutely not

Deleted member 11046

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How... how in the face of all that data we have available, in the face of everything happening around the world and not just the United States of America... how can you possibly say this? 3-4 weeks? The fucking incubation length of this virus is over half of that. Jesus freakin' Christ.

aznpxdd

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, haven't been able to find a lot of details but is this all of LA County or what?

twitter.com

MayorOfLA on Twitter

“These are the emergency steps we are taking to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 & protect people across LA, effective at midnight tonight. This isn’t easy & I don't make this decision lightly. We will do everything we can to help businesses & workers impacted during this time.”

Gibbo

The Fallen
Nov 20, 2017

Look. Some of us in Asia have been living with this since Jan. Back then, most people would have thought that it would be very much contained within China and Asia, and yet here we are. In Singapore, we are 3 months into this, and we've now only employed social distancing measures - in view of things blowing up elsewhere.

So yeah - it's precisely because of people accusing others of fear mongering and not treating this as serious as it really is, that we are in this situation now. Idiots.

Stuggernaut

Oct 28, 2017
Seattle, WA, USA
So I am curious if/when public transit will be shut down. The bus I normally take to work is consistently full with give or take 50-60 people packed in there.

As of today at least they are still running, although I assume with less people.

I am working remote so not needing to use, but if they are going to be shut down I may want to consider one more trip in to work to get stuff I may need for extended remote working.

Seattle area BTW... if that matters.

Deleted member 18407

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The guy posting everyone needs to stock up because they heard from a friend of friends of friends the US is going on a 2 week lockdown isn't fear mongering? Why the fuck can people not be level headed about this. Is it serious, absolutely, is it end times absolutely not
Things will not be normal in under a month.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Going on a 2 week nation wide lockdown isn't something I'm afraid of. Where's the fear mongering in that?

Deleted member 1589

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is all incredibly surreal. I was expecting this, considering the infection rate of the virus, but still surreal seeing it play out in real time.

HipsterMorty

alt account
Banned
Jan 25, 2020
Christ you people are on edge I never said it would work itself out re-read my post. I said I'm guessing that point where business and people say fuck it and resume like normal will be about a month
Go and look at where Wuhan was a month ago and tell me that things will be back to normal in a month for the rest of the world.

WoahW

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How... how in the face of all that data we have available, in the face of everything happening around the world and not just the United States of America... how can you possibly say this? 3-4 weeks? The fucking incubation length of this virus is over half of that. Jesus freakin' Christ.
Because businesses in the US are greedy as fuck? You think these big ass corporations really care about any of this? Serious question. I get that everyone in here wants to act like it's legit end times but it's not and these companies people work for are either going to do the right thing and follow what should be followed or... get to a point and say fuck it we're back to normal. Which do you think they'll do? Because Trump damn sure ain't gonna stop em

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Look. Some of us in Asia have been living with this since Jan. Back then, most people would have thought that it would be very much contained within China and Asia, and yet here we are. In Singapore, we are 3 months into this, and we've now only employed social distancing measures - in view of things blowing up elsewhere.

So yeah - it's precisely because of people accusing others of fear mongering and not treating this as serious as it really is, that we are in this situation now. Idiots.
Like, even Trump is ahead of that dude. Imagine that.

Deleted member 11046

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You know what, you'd better hope this guy's friend's friend is right. A 2 week lockdown wouldn't save us from the deaths already coming down the barrel thanks to this administration's inaction, but something drastic might at least mitigate the first two waves of infections capable of crashing our entire health care system. I do not want to be where Italy is now, and we're tracking 7 days behind them.

SneakersSO

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
North America

The US currently has a near 40-43% of the population who are so blind for support of their party/President, that they are calling this thing an overblown hoax, and are purposefully going to public areas in defiance of 'the media'.

On top of that, every step that successful containment regions/countries utilized, we aren't using - the number of tests we can do is super low, and the CDC is bowing to Trumps demand to not show how many people have officially been tested in the US. In fact, all of Trumps concern has gone into stabilizing the economy.

On top of that, there are a number of reports coming from health officials in other regions/countries that a high number of infected people are coming from the US into those places. Some health experts researching how far the spread is here are reporting some crazy potential figures, and one report last week has stated that the US potentially won't see its peak in infection rate until sometime in June, potentially.

The US is simply far too politicized to actually take this issue as seriously as it should before it was too late, which was about 3-4 weeks ago. We already had a terrible health care system to pay for this treatment; make no mistake, you're gonna see people who know they are showing symptoms but aren't gonna go to the hospital because they know they can't afford to pay for the treatment, and the government has done nothing to assure them that it'll be taken care of - heck, Trump lied and said health insurers would be paying for testing & treatment, twice, only to have those orgs come out and say they'll not be paying for treatments.

Honestly, tip of the iceberg right now with regards to Coronavirus; we were warned. The efforts we needed to undergo to really limit this spread needed to have occurred in January and early Feb. We didn't. And we still haven't caught up now.

WoahW

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Going on a 2 week nation wide lockdown isn't something I'm afraid of. Where's the fear mongering in that?
Because it's not true. You already have people anxious as is regarding the situation and for someone to post that with no source or facts is irresponsible let's not pretend like it's notb

iyox

Oct 25, 2017
Had a family member parrot the "two week quarantine" thing an hour ago, so it's definitely going around for better or worse

I didn't hear any timeline for the duration of it, but I did hear about a lockdown involving the deployment of the national guard in 48-72 hours. Can't say for certain about anything anymore. This was after all a "hoax" and "locked up" airtight not that long ago.

Lishi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Brazil's case count is going to be interesting to watch. It's up 65% in the last 24 hours. If this continues, we can throw the theory that the spread will abate with warmer weather out the window.

You really cannot tell.

1) are those new cases or case that's were build up in days and just diagnosed now.

2) how they contracted the disease, humidity and temperature won't help of they were inside an air conditioned place.

There is not really enough data to confirm either hypotesys

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This is probably where the two week quarantine thing came from

www.latimes.com

Fauci open to a 14-day national shutdown to stem coronavirus

The top infectious disease expert in the U.S. says he'd like to see measures such as a 14-day national shutdown to help slow the coronavirus spread.

The government's top infectious disease expert said Sunday he would like to see aggressive measures such as a 14-day national shutdown that would require Americans to hunker down even more to help slow the spread of the coronavirus.

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
Who's saying that the world is going to end? You're the one who seems to think a 2 week disruption to your life means the end of the world.

Everyone's life is going to be significantly disrupted for the next couple of months, and there is a risk that tens of thousands of people will die. That's not mongering. If anything, it's a conservative estimate.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I get your point and I partly agree with you.

Quarantine is not mandatory, and we should not encourage it as it will impact so many aspects in the city/country. It's simply the last resort for containment. However, to avoid a full lockdown, a country needs a full cooperation from its people. The problem with the US (and many Western countries) is that the people are still divided, from those who are willing to self quarantine and social distancing, and the other group who still downplay the gravity of the issue. In such situation, cooperation is no longer possible and it most probably end up with a lockdown.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Because businesses in the US are greedy as fuck? You think these big ass corporations really care about any of this? Serious question. I get that everyone in here wants to act like it's legit end times but it's not and these companies people work for are either going to do the right thing and follow what should be followed or... get to a point and say fuck it we're back to normal. Which do you think they'll do? Because Trump damn sure ain't gonna stop em
You're mindset is so warped it's incredible. Companies opening up again when there's still a pandemic and it continuing to spread faster and faster isn't "normal", it's the opposite. That's what you think is gonna happen is a few weeks? That's the reality you think is the opposite of fear mongering? Well, everyone is infected but at least McDolands is open, everything back to normal.

Get the fuck outta here.

Deleted member 11046

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My friend just dropped a sad analogy. Americans are acting like the citizens of Castlevania's Wallachia. Arrogant, ignorant and short sighted right up until the moment the sky is raining blood and demon babies. Given all the warnings in the world, but too fucking dumb to heed any.