• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
to be fair the original report was from whatsapp and was quoting a university as it source. the university itself said that it was fake news.
if you do claim this to be true please just post a reputable source with the studies that back it up.

hearsay can be beyond dangerous because people panic easily.

on a side note I never heard anyone taking ibuprofen for fever :/

I won't stay forever on that, I said that because of a tweet from French Minister of health, a source I usually find quite solid. But maybe I missed an update during the Night and the minister went too quick and didn't verify enough this information.

Now there's a world between missing an update and intentionnally spreading fake news as if i was some kind of anti vaxxer.

Now sorry again if it's false, and just sheathe your pitchforks, jeez (not talking about you specifically, of course)

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
Seems a lot of malls in Canada are changing their hours starting tomorrow from 11-7 instead of around 10-9 depending on the mall.

I dunno. Seems like cramming the same people in less hours isn't going to make matters better.

same here in the Philippines but some are closing temporarily, at least all moviehouses are closed

most people are staying at home though so malls are not so crowded

Vitet

Oct 31, 2017
Valencia, Spain
British drunk tourists in Benidorm (Spain) don't giving a fuck about the lockdown.
www.elperiodico.com

Turistas extranjeros se enfrentan con la policía de Benidorm por cerrar los bares

Agentes de la Policía Local de Benidorm han tenido dos incidentes con grupos de turistas extranjeros, mayoritariamente británicos, según fuentes policiales, que se niegan a que los agentes de la autoridad insten

The video is mindblowing. Police have to ask for reinforcments to dissolve them.

IggyChooChoo

Oct 25, 2017
So it seems like summer weather doesn't affect COVID and May/June will be the worst months? Any stats/articles on that? My dad has been going by the logic that South America and Africa barely have any cases so that means the virus will die out in US when warm weather comes, like with flu
Panama and Australia (where it's summer now) have a lot. I wouldn't count on the weather doing as much as we would like.

Cite on pubic health expert consensus on peak hospitalization in the US not arriving until May:

https://works.bepress.com/mcandrew/1/

Trice

Banned
Nov 3, 2018
Croatia
Two medical workers infected here in Croatia, and now they're evacuating the entire hospital.

EDIT: They're moving the patients to other hospitals. That's gonna backfire.

Last edited:

Golvellius

Banned
Dec 3, 2017
Have any of you seen this yet This is just bat-shit insane!!! Sorry for low-res images, they're from the phone!!
49661161293_ff4bcc282d_c.jpg
49661983927_004042d97e_c.jpg
49661704291_5b6b40cbd4_c.jpg
In the first image it says the book has 312 pages. The second image is from a book that has more than 312 pages though.

Lishi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Don't know what the other book is but for Dean Koontz's book(I love the guy btw) back then there was a biochem facility or something outside Wuhan at that time.

www.snopes.com

Was Coronavirus Predicted in a 1981 Dean Koontz Novel?

A speculative anticipation of a possibility is very different than a 'prediction.'

When it was written in 1981 the city name was not wuhan but Gorki(russian). Was changed later in 2009 or something.
But it's not that big of coincidence Wuhan is one of the bigger city in china and other than the city name nothing else match.

Like it's easy for the human mind to notice the small 1% coincidence but not the 99% that is different.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Damn, Spain and Italy are getting hit super hard with this :S

Iran is also suffering quite a bit. The number of deaths in these countries are getting scary...

This shit sucks! It's especially infuriating to see young college bros just going to the beach and the bars (well, at least now they're forced to be closed at 21h where I'm at) like nothing is happening.

RE lover

Nov 5, 2017
Spain's mortality rate is quickly getting worse, but it is true that only people with the worst symptons are getting tested

VE3TRO

Oct 25, 2017
ESSEX, UK
I believe they are two different books, 1st and 3rd pic are related but the 2nd is from author Sylvia Browne.

Anyway, any new deaths confirmed in the UK?

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
In the first image it says the book has 312 pages. The second image is from a book that has more than 312 pages though.
Different printings of a book have a different amount of pages. Hardcover, paperback, mass market, etc.
Anyway, yeah, it's in the book. Just a coincidence, not a prediction.

Edit: Ah, that's a different book anyway. Point still stands about page numbers and coincidence.

Fancy Clown

Oct 25, 2017
Books often have many editions of varying sizes and page lengths guys lol.

the Koontz prophecy shall be our holy text among the rubble, and Lord Koontz will be our leader, both terrible and benevolent. Gaze upon him!!!
300117_v9_ba.jpg

alex.magnus

Oct 28, 2017
I won't stay forever on that, I said that because of a tweet from French Minister of health, a source I usually find quite solid. But maybe I missed an update during the Night and the minister went too quick and didn't verify enough this information.

Now there's a world between missing an update and intentionnally spreading fake news as if i was some kind of anti vaxxer.

Now sorry again if it's false, and just sheathe your pitchforks, jeez (not talking about you specifically, of course)

I'm not saying your are willingly spreading false information, I just wish to know what is the source and when it was tweeted to make sure that he didn't jump the gun too quickly and it was based on false information. that's it!

Beje

Oct 27, 2017
Anecdotal evidence from a Lidl supermarket in Madrid, almost city center:
- There's almost everything available, and whatever is missing is going to be restocked tomorrow (it's Sunday after all) so there's no worry for shortages
- Plastic gloves (like the ones that are used to handle fruit) mandatory before entering, which is a measure that I think should stick forever.
- People are calm and keeping distances
- It's super weird seeing spaniards queuing like nordic people.

ostrichKing

Oct 25, 2017
I believe they are two different books, 1st and 3rd pic are related but the 2nd is from author Sylvia Browne.

Anyway, any new deaths confirmed in the UK?
The Koontz book they changed the name in 2009 in some printings and it's nothing like this virus. The Sylvia Browne thing is real but more educated guessing than anything else (was written when other similar viruses had spread across regions). Really not spooky or anything...

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Interesting graphic that shows how healthcare system are doing right now.

ETFRQF1XsAAp3Yp.jpg

Spain is currently at a critical stage, france is gonna hit it soon and italy is long past it.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Last nights event in an empty stadium was bizarre to watch.

Dumbasses a new locations isnt going to change anything

According to ESPN they'll (UFC) have four more events scheduled between now and this time next month. They seem to barreling forward when the expectation that being on live TV and PPV will see a big ratings increase since there aren't any other live sports on.

On a somewhat related note, the Olympics are still on even though even Trump seems to think it should be delayed

"It's a shame. They have built some beautiful buildings. But I like that better than I like having empty stadiums all over the place. If you cancel it, make it a year later," Trump said.

"I just can't see having no people there. In other words, not allowing people. Maybe, and this is just my idea, maybe they postpone it for a year."

The Japanese Prime Minister and Trump held a call after the latter's comments and speaking at a news conference in Tokyo on Saturday, Abe said delaying or cancelling the Games was "not a subject at all" in his call with Trump.

"We will overcome the spread of the infection and host the Olympics without problem, as planned," Abe said.

"We (the US and Japan) agreed to cooperate and coordinate closely towards a successful Olympic Games."

www.skysports.com

Olympics delay suggested by Donald Trump rejected by Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe

Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe says he disagrees with Donald Trump's suggestion that the Summer Olympic Games should be delayed because of coronavirus.

I said it earlier, but if this is still out there by late July then I don't see how any countries could allow their athletes, and possibly the public as well, to travel to Japan for it. It's way too risky and th late thing anyone will want to do is something that could reignite the spread again.

Couscous

Oct 30, 2017
Twente (The Netherlands)
We are reacting pretty slow (read way to slow) so our spike will come later, school so far as NOT closed.
It is because since March 12th our government hasn't been testing people with mild symptoms who decide to stay home. You only get a test if you're hospitalized or decide to go to the doctor who then assigns you one.
Okay, your posts sound more in line with other countries and reality than the bullshit the RIVM says.

TheDutchSlayer

Did you find it? Cuez I didn't!
Oct 26, 2017
The Hauge, The Netherlands
Do any members here have it or have gone through it? Just curious if they wrote about their experience.
We had a thread its closed but you can read about it here.
www.resetera.com

Do we have any Corona virus infected ERA members?

Who is going to be the first Corona virus infected member of ResetEra? Maybe someone already has it? I work at a hospital in Nashville, TN and we just had the first case of an infected member of staff.... I was also planning to go to Europe in May and June but it looks like that is unlikely to...

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Off those Spanish numbers.... I wonder how it will evolve with the new measurements. At the end, everyone I know (me included) will still have to go to work tomorrow, which is still a big risk in some places.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
This is insane. Went by the grocery store last night and everything was gone. All soup, canned vegetables, chicken, beef, and pork is gone. All toilet and paper towels are gone. Feels like the average consumer is overreacting and the federal government is underreacting.

Culex

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
This is insane. Went by the grocery store last night and everything was gone. All soup, canned vegetables, chicken, beef, and pork is gone. All toilet and paper towels are gone. Feels like the average consumer is overreacting and the federal government is underreacting.
Yep.

wife went to aldis this morning. Normally they open at 9, there was a sign on the door saying they were only having hours of 10-4 temporarily.

She is now at BJ. They just unloaded a few trucks, so there is produce. We just need our regular shopping. The line to the registers extend to the rear of the store.

Masterspeed

Oct 25, 2017
England
Can we not clutter the thread with something we found in a book years ago? Doesn't this fall under the 'baseless conspiracy theories' guidelines?

I generally come here for updates around the virus not this.

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can we not clutter the thread with something we found in a book years ago? Doesn't this fall under the 'baseless conspiracy theories' guidelines?

I generally come here for updates around the virus not this.

seconded. If mods will allow it create a covid-19 joke/panic/conspiracy thread,but that'll also probably do more harm than good.

Joco

Oct 29, 2017

Not the person you're replying to but this has been the case in a lot of Wisconsin this weekend, everything has been ransacked. Grocery stores like Woodman's which are normally open 24 hours have closed overnight to restock as there's almost nothing left on the shelves.

I'm sure the same situation if not worse in many other states.

Jisgsaw

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting graphic that shows how healthcare system are doing right now.

ETFRQF1XsAAp3Yp.jpg

Spain is currently at a critical stage, france is gonna hit it soon and italy is long past it.
How come we have so many critical care beds in Germany compared to other countries?
Also if I read that right, the graph is a bit misleading, as it plots all current cases ov CoVid-19, not only thse requirering critical care beds.