• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
thank heavens

my company just stated anyone who gets it that needs to be quarantined will get paid the two weeks.

Oct 27, 2017
The company I work for has the weirdest ideas. We who work in the production needs to be protected so if any people who doesn't work for the production, like white collar employes. They have to wear masks and warn us before they come in the plant.

Airegin

Dec 10, 2017
I've had a dry cough since yesterday and 38.3 C/100.94 F fever but I'll likely never know if it's Corona unless I get a lot sicker. I'm more scared because I've had close contact with a lot of customers this week.

Deleted member 5334

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to the hospital tomorrow, I was told that I'd be stopped at the main entrance for an exam to see if I had coronavirus. Apparently they're doing it for everyone that goes into the building. This is in AZ btw

Something similar at my mom's work place (she works at a Retirement Home / Rehabilitation Center) is also doing. Every time my mom also has to go in, they have to check their temperature and see if they have any symptoms. They're also heavily restricting visitors, to the point that they can't allow vendors in easily, I heard. That's causing some problems, I guess.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Sorry it's missing the recovered.

- 14,995 infected (2,116 more than yesterday)
- 1,266 dead (+250)
- 1,327 recovered (+175)
Total cases: 17.660
Death rate is 7.17% with these numbers.

Other statistics:
- 6201 positive cases at home = 41.46%
- 7426 in hospital, not ICU = 49.66%
- 1328 in ICU = 8.88%

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Considering the median age of most Tory voters in the UK it seems kind of counter productive for their methodology to be "eh, let it run its course"

Gonna be wild seeing those same victims (if they survive) argue in favor of the party in a couple of years

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
Los Angeles county school district just announced school will be closed for at least two weeks. That's pretty huge.

catboy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Considering the median age of most Tory voters in the UK it seems kind of counter productive for their methodology to be "eh, let it run its course"

Gonna be wild seeing those same victims (if they survive) argue in favor of the party in a couple of years
yes, i don't really see how this benefits them considering their demographic is old people.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
As I learned in the 2008 crash, a global problem requires governments to work together. Today's populist nationalism puts us all at risk

A good article by Gordon Brown, not sure if posted yet.

"Of course, the very idea of global collaboration – and the convening of what would be a "virtual" G20 – sits uneasily with the "America first", "China first", "India first" and "Russia first" populist nationalism that has been subdividing our world. Since the high point of cooperation in 2009, nationalists have been in the ascendant – building walls, closing borders, clamping down on immigrants and imposing tariffs. And what was first a protectionist nationalism has morphed into an aggressive us-versus-them unilateralism".

vastag

Oct 26, 2017
Death rate is 7.17% with these numbers.

Other statistics:
- 6201 positive cases at home = 41.46%
- 7426 in hospital, not ICU = 49.66%
- 1328 in ICU = 8.88%

Numbers in Italy seem much worse than in other places. Hospitalization rates were around 20% in other places, and death rates around 2-3%. Is this due to the average age in the population?

DrM

Oct 26, 2017
Slovenia
Atmosphere here in Slovenia is pretty bleak. Stores are getting hammered, pubs and restaurants are closing down for this month...

Aug 12, 2019
I live in the rural south and my place of employment just keeps repeating the old "It's probably not as bad as the media portrays it" while being more pissed that March Madness got cancelled and thus their promotions are shot...

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Just got back from Walmart because I still needed stuff that I couldn't get at Costco. It was like I stepped into Venezuela or something. The shelves were stripped bare.

Then I got gas down the road at Costco (a different one from the one I posted the picture of), and there were literal .5-1 mile long car lines to get in - from at least 4 directions. And there already were no spots left, and the store hadn't even opened yet, so I'm not sure how all those people thought they were getting in. It was ludicrous.

What's strange is the gas stations seem to be far less crowded.

Cbrun44

I'm starting to become paranoid. Allergies have been acting up so I'm basically just checking my temp multiple times per day to confirm allergies. I'm in Seattle.

Also, have a flight to North Carolina Sunday morning. Going to end up getting stuck there aren't I...

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
Just saw a tweet on twitter that experts are expecting up to 1 million deaths at our current response rate. God. Now I'm scared IF IT'S TRUE.

Deleted member 61909

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 5, 2019
Welp. City of Jacksonville Major just released a press release stating that Parks, Zoo, and Libraries will be closed indefinitely after closing hours today. Look's like I'll be on Admin Leave.

Lishi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm going to the hospital tomorrow, I was told that I'd be stopped at the main entrance for an exam to see if I had coronavirus. Apparently they're doing it for everyone that goes into the building. This is in AZ btw

I think they will just check your temp and any symptom. Even the fastest test require few hours no way they will be able to test anyone that want enter the hospital.

Plus even if they want test anyone definitively Us don't have enough kits, so triage have to be employed.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Italy now had over 1000 deaths in the past week
March 7th: 36
March 8th: 133
March 9th: 97
March 10th: 168
March 11th: 196
March 12th: 189
March 13th: 250
Total: 1069

SleepSmasher

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Welp...

apxxmlc4kfm41.jpg

Lishi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Numbers in Italy seem much worse than in other places. Hospitalization rates were around 20% in other places, and death rates around 2-3%. Is this due to the average age in the population?

Average age is higher, but only not that higher no more 2-3 years than the rest of europe (Germany and Japan have a higher average)

The reason of why death toll is so high is probably because they are able to test only the people who go to hospital and their close relative, that would make the number look very bad.

So i would not pay much attention to the that % probably not statistically sound. Sadly probably it mean also that there are a lot of cases that are not diagnosed.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Ok, so work just called and told me that I'm going to be working from home.

And I've also received an email from my kids school, a parent of one of the children has tested positive, but under government guidance they're staying open.

Ffs.

Cth

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
So here's a dumb question...

There's a good chance most people are going to get this and it will be a mild version (definitions of mild vary).. (WHO - 80%)

But for those of us with compromised immune systems (diabetes type 2) does the percentage stay the same?

I know the elderly and compromised systems have a higher chance of dying due to it attacking the respiratory system.. just by being in these groups does that automatically mean it's not going to be a mild case but rather severe?

I'm doing what I can, continuing to wash hands, social distance, etc.. but I can only do so much to defend against the people who aren't thinking about their affect on other people. I'm the only one providing for my wife and 2 daughters and want to do everything I can to ensure I can continue to do so.