• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
My direct manager told me to work from home starting on Monday if I want to. Not official company policy yet but she's cool and she was like get out of there

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Or conversely they are using humor to deal with their anxiety. I for one am the type to do that. That doesn't mean I am not worried, but I can get overly anxious and humor helps me at least take things in stride (like when I got in a motorcycle accident and joked to the doctor that it was ok if they didn't save the foot as that was my bad foot anyways). I personally appreciate people keeping some dark humor about this.

Yeah, and that's why I am biting my lip...I understand that. Doesn't mean I have to like it.

Sentient6

Jan 31, 2020
My sister is at the doctor right now getting tested. She can't hold her breath for longer than 15 seconds so she called her doctor and told her how our dad was in Italy last month and they have a test waiting and told her to get in ASAP.

Just got sent home from work early since we live together.
First rule: don't go to your family doctor or the hospital, call the authorities and they'll tell you what to do. In Italy we have a special emergency number.

MasterChumly

Oct 25, 2017
You read the report in CA? I think it was posted in Era already. Anyway, only 8000 test kits given to California and they do not have everything necessary to even test for Covid-19
Yep it's the same everywhere. Tests aren't delivered, don't have enough materials etc. The only areas that have managed to do mass testing is if they developed something on the side like Washington etc

Seirith

Oct 25, 2017
Went to the one of my local Wegmans this morning. They were totally out of raw and frozen meat, frozen pizza, tomato sauce, toilet paper, paper towels, all cleaning products (even laundry and dish soap were low). Lots of empty of half empty shelves and people were walking around and talking about stocking up. People were coming out of the store with carts full of food. One man was sitting on the lower shelf waiting for them to get a truck in so he could buy toilet paper.

My local Aldi parking lot was half full at 9am when they opened which I have never seen before. They had no toilet paper or sanitizer but food was still stocked.

Thankfully I think I am set on food and supplies so that I can avoid the madness for a while.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Cancelling classes without also cancelling dining hall service is short-sighted as hell. Now all the students will be hanging out in common areas, mitigating any effort to contain the virus
Unfortunately some students are unable to go home. We have a fairly big population of international students and others simply just can't get up and leave, especially on short notice. Precautions are being made in the university to prepare for when/if the virus does hit campus.

Deleted member 36105

Account closed at user request
Banned
Dec 13, 2017
I need to get some fresh fruit before going home. I'm afraid. 4019 cases. I'm going to look like one of those early nutjobs with safety googles on top of the mask, but whatever.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Looks like the worst hit area (60km from my house) in germany is calling the german army for help

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Just heard from my brother that Bexar county (San Antonio) is still planning on returning to school Monday wtf

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
My direct manager told me to work from home starting on Monday if I want to. Not official company policy yet but she's cool and she was like get out of there

My boss told me to start bringing my work laptop home from work every day moving forward - it's sounding like my company is on the verge of instituting a mandatory work-from-home policy as well.

dryz

Oct 30, 2017
Surreal feeling reading news like "Woman who collapsed in the streets of Brno tested positive for covid 19" Felt so far away when we had news like this from China.

Cambot

Oct 27, 2017
I just got the email from the Archdiocese of Chicago - all Catholic Schools operated by the Archdiocese have been closed until further notice starting Monday. So my kids are home now. That includes all school-related activities. This sucks because my wife is on the beverage committee for the upcoming spring auction and she has scored tons of free beer from local breweries to serve. Lots of hard work and connections down the drain. For now at least.

Oct 27, 2017
Some lighthearted info - my kid's teacher already left the class a note online about upcoming assignments. I guess the class can leave each other posts (not unlike here), so one kid posts asking the class what they're all doing today, and the teacher replies reminding the kid to use proper grammar and sentence structure. Hilarious.

Nlroh

Oct 25, 2017
Three weeks ago WHO said that by now we would have preliminary results on the clinical trials, but there's no info on that yet. Just read a preprint saying that remdesivir (the only antiviral that has shown promise) has some serious gastrointestinal side effects. :/

elty

Oct 31, 2017
Three weeks ago WHO said that by now we would have preliminary results on the clinical trials, but there's no info on that yet. Just read a preprint saying that remdesivir (the only antiviral that has shown promise) has some serious gastrointestinal side effects. :/

Every drug has side effect, and it is always about the risk vs benefit. I imagine it will be used on a compassionate basis at the minimum.

Wiki said the drug is generally found to be safe (but not really effective) for Ebola though.

Oct 25, 2017
Been playing the fun game of 'Am I sick or is it allergies' the past couple days. No fever, so I'm leaning towards allergies, but my temperature is almost at 99, so that's not super exciting

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
I had a scare with the coughing I had for the past 3 days with some fatigue and sore throat. But It was nothing more than a wet cough and feeling a bit better now.

I took time off from Universal Studios this week and looks like my "Vacation" is being extended.

But as for Disney, I still have to come to work at Polynesian Resort. And Disney Springs will remain open as well as Universal Citywalk which makes no sense and I know Cast Members are going to be upset when Disney Springs will be overcrowded.

I understand resort hotels should remain open but it should be done at a limited capacity to help guest who're stuck.

HipsterMorty

alt account
Banned
Jan 25, 2020
So we still don't have these millions of test kits that should have been available by today. From here on out we should just assume anything this administration says is a flat out lie.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
CN Tower is closing until April 14th. Toronto, Canada.

twitter.com

CP24 on Twitter

“JUST IN: Canada Lands Company says the CN Tower will be closed to all visitors by the end of the day today and will be closed to the public until at least April 14, 2020.”

Nlroh

Oct 25, 2017
Like poopy serious or permanent damage serious
Every drug has side effect, and it is always about the risk vs benefit. I imagine it will be used on a compassionate basis at the minimum.

Wiki said the drug is generally found to be safe (but not really effective) for Ebola though.

Not permanent. "Following remdesivir initiation, all had transient gastrointestinal symptoms, including nausea, vomiting, gastroparesis, or rectal bleeding. " This is from 12 american patients.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017

HipsterMorty

alt account
Banned
Jan 25, 2020

It's already being used under compassionate use laws here in Washington. It's worth noting that while it's not effective against ebola, researchers have found it to be effective against SARS and MERS which are much more similar to covid-19.

Also we should have data on the efficacy of remdesivir next month.

JHoNNy1OoO

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Been playing the fun game of 'Am I sick or is it allergies' the past couple days. No fever, so I'm leaning towards allergies, but my temperature is almost at 99, so that's not super exciting

Same here. No fever or cough yet but I've gotten a tickle in the back of my throat since last night. 36 here and in good health and not obese so I'm not too worried but it fucking sucks.