• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Mar 8, 2020
Washington State
Here's how Trump's pathetic brain works. Will this a either

A) Make me gain or lose money

B) Make me look good or bad

If a decision will cost him money, he's opposed to it. If it will cost him money and make him look bad, he's super opposed to it. If it makes him money, he supports it if it makes him money and makes him look good, he definitely supports it.

The man only cares about his image and his money. Once you figure that out about him, it's not hard to see why he's the brain dead dipshit he is and why he makes the decisions he does.

In a nutshell, he's a narcissist selfish prick who doesn't care about anyone but himself, and will use whatever means necessary (illegal or not) to his benefit at the cost of others.

This can be said about the GOP as a whole and most of corporate America, unfortunately. It is going to be neighbor helping neighbor if things get really bad. I don't put one ounce of faith in the current acting Congress to do anything that helps the working folk unless they profit from it somehow.

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
Bought some non-perishables and supplies today. Our supermarket was surprisingly well-stocked.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
HEB, Target, Costco

Everything is out everywhere

where do you live?

I've been to multiple Targets almost every day the past week or so (newborn just came home so lots of back and forth). The only thing out of stock has been the anti-bacterial wipes.

I'm in Western PA though where there is still no confirmed COVID-19 infections.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
This guy needs to lose his badge and be thrown in a damn cell, by himself.
You're a damn police officer and you won't tell what tent you were at?

For those of you unfamiliar he was working a cook-off tent at the rodeo. This guy could have potentially come in contact with hundreds or thousands of people in one night depending on the size of the tent.

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like that german suppliers a catching up with the demand in germany now and toiletpaper etc was even available during the evening in Düsseldorf.

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I gotta say for all the clowning on Peloton, I'm super happy to have one and am actually using it more now that I'm not really leaving the house except for work.

everyer

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Will getting lots of exercise, especially running, help my body prepare to deal with this virus?

Actually good sleep, relax and enough nutrition work better.
In China there are cases died while they have good exercising habits. In some cases because your anti-virus system is too excited to attack the virus it might cause fever storm which will lead to a severe situation or death.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Local schools stepping up:

01dd076ab540381bbd17e49c436b9959a6934bb0.jpg

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
where do you live?

I've been to multiple Targets almost every day the past week or so (newborn just came home so lots of back and forth). The only thing out of stock has been the anti-bacterial wipes.

I'm in Western PA though where there is still no confirmed COVID-19 infections.

One of the suburbs in Houston tx

Even the local CVS ran out of stuff

There's about 3 known cases (probably more now ) and total 15 in Houston overall

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Will be nice once we get some accurate numbers for the effects of this thing because right now I'm hearing stuff that's all over the place. "Majority will be symptomless" "20% will be symptomless" "20% will require hospitalization" "2% will require hospitalisation"

It's hard to figure out what the hell is actually going on for people who do end up with it atm. Hopefully in a few weeks we'll have some proper figures and experiences from people who actually had it. Cause right now I don't know if I should be scared to get it just for my family or if I could potentially be getting something that ends with me in the hospital.

OP
OP
wandering

wandering

flâneur
Oct 25, 2017
Actually good sleep, relax and enough nutrition work better.
In China there are cases died while they have good exercising habits. In some cases because your anti-virus system is too excited to attack the virus it might cause fever storm which will lead to a severe situation or death.

Do you have a source on this?

Edit:

interesting, it seems that a lot of the deaths are indeed linked to cytokine storms, but I don't know that we can infer best practices on exercise from that

www.vox.com

How doctors can potentially significantly reduce the number of deaths from Covid-19

We already have medicines for treating cytokine storm syndrome, the immune response that’s killing many who die of Covid-19.

MrJames

Oct 25, 2017
PGA has cancelled the Players Championship instead of playing without fans. Future events cancelled as well. At this point I think all major sporting events are cancelled except for UFC and WWE. Crowd limit orders may force those to be postponed at some point though.

About Us - PGA TOUR

Oct 28, 2017
I've been reading that but didn't know if I should believe it. That is so beyond stupid/evil that I can't believe it. Not even from Trump.

Trump, like many people out in the West (see: Australia's Herald Sun and The Australian for some pretty amazing casual racism and serious western bias), thought the coronavirus was an Asian thing and still hold an idea that countries like China, South Korea and Japan are inept. In the case of all three countries, collectivist cultures helped everyone deal with this matter in a more reasonable matter than out West where people are still not treating the coronavirus seriously.

I have no doubt that a lot of Western countries are going to deal with this problem worse than East Asia despite Japan's government being unsurprisingly paralyzed; China being ground zero; Korea having a death cult to spread it around. I'm in Victoria, Australia and a decent number of Australians are still not being terribly conscientious with many who wanted to watch the F1 cars still treating this as a joke. Our PM is still "lol I'm still going to watch rugby fuck you pussies".

Like those Australians, Trump honestly thought the problem would go away like a common cold and wasn't much more serious (how many times have you heard "its just a bad flu bro", his view isn't unique) so there was no need to act proactively and spook the economy. Trump's handled this the worst but just about every Western country handled this pretty damn poorly and are super reluctant to take appropriate measures because they don't want to disrupt their economies. Of course the ones that see the writing on the wall, like Italy, are obviously shutting everything down. Others, like in the UK, are trying their damn hardest to let soccer games continue despite all evidence pointing to this being fucking stupid..

Last edited:

Deleted member 2954

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This guy needs to lose his badge and be thrown in a damn cell, by himself.
You're a damn police officer and you won't tell what tent you were at?

For those of you unfamiliar he was working a cook-off tent at the rodeo. This guy could have potentially come in contact with hundreds or thousands of people in one night depending on the size of the tent.

Arrest the guy and put him somewhere away from civilization. Better yet, reveal his fucking name to the public

OP
OP
wandering

wandering

flâneur
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone understand the difference between old coronavirus and new coronavirus?

Coronaviruses are a category of viruses that cause a variety of respiratory diseases from the common cold to SARS. This one is a new variant heretofore unseen in humans; therefore we have no immunity.

Last edited:

Guddha

Sep 5, 2019
Trump needs to get proper credit for allowing Corona to spread unchecked throughout the United States. It may have originated in Wuhan, but it should be known from now on as the Trump virus. He eliminated America's pandemic response team, defunded the CDC, infested said organization with his incompetent stooges, rejected the WHO tests so he could sell his own defective product, and has downplayed the seriousness of the contagion to protect his reelection chances. This cascading epidemic is the result of Donnie's stupidity, corruption, and inability to care about anything but himself. He actually managed to secure a worse legacy with this outbreak than his revolting dumpster fire of a presidency.

everyer

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Do you have a source on this?

I only have Chinese reports.

It's also in Chinese covid19 treatment guidance version 7.0. They use plasma from cured patients to reduce the fever storm.

www.vox.com

How doctors can potentially significantly reduce the number of deaths from Covid-19

We already have medicines for treating cytokine storm syndrome, the immune response that’s killing many who die of Covid-19.

It's very likely the cytokine storm in Influenza which cause mid age people die.

ReactionShot

Oct 25, 2017
8 new cases + 7 deaths in Mainland China (5 new cases + 6 deaths in Wuhan). The 3 new cases from provinces other than Hubei are all "imported" (1 from Italy, 1 from US and 1 from UK).

Sutton Dagger

Oct 27, 2017
The opposition government here in Australia has called on the government to close schools, there's no way Scotty from marketing is going to agree to that right?

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
This site is really good for visualizing the number of infections in different countries with respect to time. China seems to have flattened out a couple of weeks ago, South Korea is starting to slow down, and Italy still seems to be very much in exponential growth, though I would expect it slow down significantly some weeks from now given the heavy measures they've taken in the last few days.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
My brother's company went full WFH. I'm still on the hook to show up but if I need to I can take PTO. NH only has 5 confirmed cases so far, so we're not in the shit yet. I've done all the contingency planning I can do, so beyond good hygiene and social distancing there's not much left to do but wait it out. Any services/charities one can donate towards to help medical staff with supplies or at risk folks get food/necessities?
Sorry if this is in poor taste, I use humor to cope.
Between Pasta, rice, dried beans, frozen veg, and canned goods, some Tylenol/advil and cough syrup I should be good to hunker down for a month in a worst case scenario. Gonna make my own Winchester, have a pint (or two, or three...) and wait for this to all blow over.
8db02790ad2cfb19ad0df922935beb3c264869634adefe8f0586fc645a1970e2.jpg

Eegah

Oct 27, 2017
This makes zero sense.....what the fuck!?!?!?!? community spread is already happening!

As of two days ago the requirements for testing in New York State were:

1) Pt must have both fever and lower respiratory symptoms.

AND at least one of the following:

a)Travel to an endemic area (international only, travel to Washington or Westchester doesn't count)
b)Recent contact with a know case of COVID
c)Sick enough to require hospitalization and pt has a negative flu swab and there are no other explanations for pt's symptoms.

It's kind of ridiculous. The swab used is the same as for the flu. Any doctor that knows what symptoms to look for should be able to order a flu swab that automatically reflexes to COVID testing if negative.

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
It's ridiculous how reluctant the US and the West are being to test people for the virus when you consider that SK is carrying out thousands of tests every day.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
What exactly is everything?

Anything essential and non-essential

Bread
Rice
Pasta
Yogurt
Lentils
Milk
Eggs
Meat
Over the counter medication
Toothpaste
Tissue
Kleenex
Water
Frozen foods
Fruit
Vegetables

Even fucking soda and potato chips!!!!

my sister in Houston texted earlier today and said stores were empty also

Ya it's ridiculous

This is even worse than when Harvey was slamming Houston

Jul 18, 2018
I have a question. Family friend invited us to their wedding which will take place end of March. Should i not attend it so that i'm not at risk of spreading it others as a carrier?

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
Does anyone understand the difference between old coronavirus and new coronavirus?

Corona is a whole family of virus. There are many different types. There is one that affects dogs that usually doesn't cause too much issues. F.I.P. in cats is a fatal corona virus (and kinda weird too. There is a slightly different one for cats that isnt terminal and mild and so close to the fip one the tests for it can't tell if it is fip or that corona virus. There is theories it is just some cats react worse or even that fip is caused by the milder Coronavirus mutating).

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Since the global explosion I haven't been following China as closely.

What is the general consensus on the numbers and information coming from China lately; are we doubting the validity or have they truly largely contained it?
I believe it. It's a fairly consistent trend there, and when you see the things they've done to get there, it's damn impressive. South Korea is close too, and SK has a low CFR also. Hubei's was much higher, being so overwhelmed at first. Unfortunately for them, they'll have to remain very vigilant for an extended period due to the failures of Italy, Iran, the US, etc. to be prepared and take it seriously, despite having lead time.

Look at these daily new cases charts here.

www.worldometers.info

China COVID - Coronavirus Statistics - Worldometer

China Coronavirus update with statistics and graphs: total and new cases, deaths per day, mortality and recovery rates, current active cases, recoveries, trends and timeline.

www.worldometers.info

South Korea COVID - Coronavirus Statistics - Worldometer

South Korea Coronavirus update with statistics and graphs: total and new cases, deaths per day, mortality and recovery rates, current active cases, recoveries, trends and timeline.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Not going to lie it's kind of cool there's a huge party in my college town tonight... EVERYONE is out.

Probably a bad idea but fuck I can't blame them. This may be the last time they see their friends and this town.

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017
Been a lot of conspiracy theorizing (especially in this thread) about China faking all their outbreak numbers, but the WHO and people on the ground corroborate them and that should be good enough for us. That sharp plateau in the number of infections isn't fake, nor an artifact of some data hiccup somewhere: the quarantines, lockdowns, temperature and virus testing, and social distancing have worked to a spectacular degree. And now it's stable enough that they're comfortable sending aid in the form of consulting doctors and millions of masks, hazmat suits, and ventilators to places like Italy that are about to enter the worst phase.

Article from two weeks back:
'They have changed the course of this outbreak:' Revelations from handling of coronavirus in China

The data from China showed the rise was cut short.

"What you see is this is rising then it abruptly gets blunted," Aylward said. That's a picture that suggests some kind of measures were taken to mitigate the outbreak, which the team estimated peaked in China between Jan. 23 and Feb. 2.

"It is the unanimous assessment of the team that they have changed the course of this outbreak. It was a rapidly escalating outbreak. It has plateaued and is coming downward sooner than expected," said Aylward.

"When you look at the difference between what the curve may have been like and what it was actually like, that probably represents hundreds of thousands of Chinese people who have benefited from this tremendous effort."

Furthermore, in hindsight this effort could have saved millions of lives worldwide. They deserve credit.

Fucking disgusting behavior.
You are not hustlers, you are profiting from misery, and probably got a few poor people killed.

Capitalism Delenda Est