• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

A Grizzly Bear

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder how many people in Houston have actually been tested.
Who knows!

Community spread in Texas will almost certainly increase the urgency around the availability of testing. State officials said they don't know how many tests have been issued in total so far. They're also fuzzy on how many tests the state should ideally have access to every day.

Gov. Greg Abbott told reporters March 5 that in the coming weeks, the state lab network would be able to handle more than 125 tests per day. Texas' testing capacity is limited due to a shortage of testing materials and lab personnel, Van Deusen said.

alex.magnus

Oct 28, 2017
Only 16 cases, that's a relief! Thanks for the link!
I'm glad I could help.
it is among the regions with the lowest count, now that we are in lock down I don't see the numbers there raising much fortunately.
I'm only listing in the report the two regions with the highest numbers, and as you can see the only one in real trouble is Lombardia

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Lakewood church closed in Houston

I just got word that my church will also be closing services.

Work seems like they won't do a thing until either the state declares emergency or if someone in the company is infected.

😑

Nazgoth

May 17, 2018
Belgium
I've been working at a supermarket for almost 10 years now and this is the first time I witnessed such a panic outbreak. People are buying shopping carts full of pasta, canned food, soap and toiletpaper. It's insane.

Muu

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
went to grocery store this morning. looked like sunday afternoon. shit got real for a lot of ppl it seems.

Doc Holliday

Oct 27, 2017
Coronavirus New York Update: Cuomo halts large gatherings, shutters Broadway

NEW YORK (WABC) -- New York Governor Andrew Cuomo has banned gatherings of more than 500 people effective Friday to halt the spread of the COVID-19 coronavirus and ordered Broadway shuttered as of 5 p.m. Thursday.

abc7ny.com

Coronavirus New York state updates from May 2020

Eyewitness News coverage of the coronavirus pandemic in New York state during May and early June 2020.

Oct 27, 2017
I just want to point out that my local pizza place has put out a more informative and comprehensive coronavirus advisory than the US federal government has.

Gpsych

May 20, 2019
So I guess New York won't be reporting new cases anymore, only hospitalizations. I think at this point we can be certain that any case number trackers in the U.S. are essentially meaningless. It's all over the place.

Aureon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The 2200 cases in Italy are probably people who contracted the virus before the lockdown. It will take days before we see the results of the new procedures.
Yup.
The chinese curve starts showing the effects on observed cases at 3 days, and the full effect at 11-12. It's going to get worse before it gets better, sadly

JHoNNy1OoO

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
So I guess New York won't be reporting new cases anymore, only hospitalizations. I think at this point we can be certain that any case number trackers in the U.S. are essentially meaningless. It's all over the place.

Assume everyone has it! Just stay home unless it is important.

Gulliver Schools(Private school) down here in Miami just cancelled classes for next week(half day tomorrow) and foreseeable future. Word is Miami Dade County Public Schools will be announcing the same tomorrow.

a916

Oct 25, 2017

They are still not testing everyone with flu like symptoms in Seattle.

It's good to be rich in the US.

Did they use a test kit? Seems like they have medical staffs where they could just test their blood through other means. Similar to what a Seattle lab was doing and the CDC told them to stop.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
www.cnbc.com

Fed to pump in more than $1 trillion in dramatic ramping up of market intervention amid coronavirus meltdown

The Federal Reserve intervened in financial markets for the second day in a row.

Fed to pump in more than $1 trillion in dramatic ramping up of market intervention amid coronavirus meltdown

So we have no money for masks, no money for tests, no money to ramp up our ICU capacity, no money get people treated for free, but have a trillion dollars to give to banks to run up the stocks.
America has lost its fucking mind, and long term, it's not even gonna help the stock market, but hey, some rich fuckers will be able to cash in and make slightly more money.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
www.cnbc.com

The Federal Reserve intervened in financial markets for the second day in a row.

So we have no money for masks, no money for tests, no money to ramp up our ICU capacity, no money get people treated for free, but have a trillion dollars to give to banks to run up the stocks.
America has lost its fucking mind, and long term, it's not even gonna help the stock market, but hey, some rich fuckers will be able to cash in and make slightly more money.
TBH, it's not even helping the stock market in the short term. It was a fart in the wind 10 minute rally today. Basically just printing money and then burning it.

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sort of worried for my neighbor and other people I know who work in corrections. If some sort of Italy situation happens here I can see some prison riots happening here.

Garfield

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Jeremy Hunt on radio 5

'We know a lot more that the Italians do, so our NHS will deal with it much better'

He does feel though the Gov should be forcing 'social distancing'

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
All Seattle Public Libraries will close at 6pm tonight due to staff shortages. Libraries are essential for many that do not have their own internet access/resources.