• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Caesar III

Jan 3, 2018
Elementary school in Germany. My son is 8yo. I don't think the rest of the world can ignore that isolation worked in China (it looks like it, correct?) so the closure of schools etc. is inevitable
I hope this means kindergartens as well. I'm not sure how to handle this though. Perhaps do some more home office but with other timings than this week

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
Has there been any updates on that arthritis medication that seemed to help with symptoms? Seems like that was a great sign of things to come but havent seen anything since.

Deleted member 21326

User requested account closure.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (2 weeks): Inflammatory false equivalence around racism
Racism is now "dumb shit"
What you posted is racism aswell: Racism is the belief that groups of humans possess different behavioral traits corresponding to physical appearance, and can be divided based on the superiority of one race over another. It may also mean prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against other people because they are of a different race or ethnicity. Only on Resetera does a comment like yours, not induce a ban. Had your statement been against any other race you would have been banned in an instant.

Last edited:

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I hope this means kindergartens as well. I'm not sure how to handle this though. Perhaps do some more home office but with other timings than this week
Thankfully, as a developer, I can work everywhere. I didn't work in the office for weeks (for different reasons though)
We also kept our younger daughter at home, kindergarten is a fucking nightmare if it comes to spreading diseases. It's good to strengthen the kids immune system, but we happily skip corona...

Vagabond

Oct 26, 2017
United States
My organization just let out a meeting where they doubled down on parents who had kids who were out of school that they would have to use their PTO to care for their kids at home and we will increase minimal staffing levels also - and these are jobs that can't work for home (hospital).

Its absolute bullshit and I feel so terribly especially for single parents

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
So every school and university is closing in Spain now, and the absolute fucking piece of shit of the director of my old 3d and animation master (private small school run by him) that was already a piece of shit thief and mafia guy and thats why I left the master without paying the last 3 months (he told me he would send me his lawyers, Im still waiting), send a message through the master group (were im still in just to read his stupid messages and laugh with other ex students), comparing Flat earthers with the virus, saying he will not close the school, and only saying if you are coughing stay at home, that its not that serious.

His also an altright voter btw.

Im seriously thinking of sending the message to the police so he has a visit and is forced to close and not be payed by the students for a whole month, becuase thats why he doesnt want to close even if the goverment said its a good precaution (not the first time the police visits his school for fraudalent stuff, like 3d program piracy).

NeonCarbon

Oct 28, 2017
What is Boris Johnson (UK PM) doing?? It'll be interesting to see if we follow Ireland and other EU countries...

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
State of Emergency has been declared for Kansas City. Mayor is about to speak in 10 minutes - no events over 1000 people for the next 21 days. Meanwhile, the Big 12 tournament was scheduled to start today downtown with games only, no audience, but was cancelled altogether just before tip off.
Johnson county got 2 new cases. Males on Business trips to Florida.

smisk

Oct 27, 2017
Just read an article where a guy estimates that most western countries probably have 10x the number of cases reported (at least), and the healtcare system could get overwhelmed really quickly. I can't work from home and am working in a building with ~500 people.. Kinda thinking of taking tomorrow off to see how things shake out over the weekend.

bulbasort

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I planned to drive to Houston (from Austin) this weekend, but now I've got a sore throat and with everything going on I dunno if that would be a responsible thing to do.

Sendero

Oct 25, 2017
Can't take the thought out of my mind, that this is probably the best moment to get infected here: while the hospitals and personnel are not busy, there are beds available, medicine and equipment ready to handle the case.

Because once it's start spreading in large number, it will be pure chaos.
If it's like in the past, you can bet the National health workers (doctors, nurses, executives) and politicians will hoard a large portion of the kits/medicine for themselves.

uzipukki

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck. 17 confirmed cases at the university where I work :( All of them were at school on monday, but on tuesday they were all quarantined. All might've had very mild symptoms on monday though.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Fuck. 17 confirmed cases at the university where I work :( All of them were at school on monday, but on tuesday they were all quarantined. All might've had very mild symptoms on monday though.

Time to self isolate. Time to shut down the inversity.

Can't take the thought out of my mind, that this is probably the best moment to get infected here: while the hospitals and personnel are not busy, there are beds available, medicine and equipment ready to handle the case.

Because once it's start spreading in large number, it will be pure chaos.

There is no evidence that you are guaranteed to be immune after experiencing this.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
UK from tomorrow.

Fever/cough stay home for 7 days. No school trips. Don't go on cruises if you're in an at risk group and older people cut social contact and stay home as much as possible.

Pretty tame.

Caesar III

Jan 3, 2018
Thankfully, as a developer, I can work everywhere.
Same here. I had a cough and slight fever last weekend and as a precaution stayed at home. Did not meet anyone who could have had it, so a test would have been neglected anyway. So I stayed at home this week.

It seems I'll expand this over next week. When my boy is around I cannot really work though. Let's see how we'll handle this.

Rivyn

Oct 26, 2017
This shit is rapidly going insane here in The Netherlands. All public games and conventions with over 100+ people have been cancelled. Musea's are closed and probably movie theaters as well. People who can work from home NEED to work from home. Anyone with a cough and a soar throat have to stay home. I have been so sober about this whole scenario but this is becoming quite surreal.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Schools in the UK have definitely been told to expect the worst, even if the government haven't confirmed as such yet.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
BBC news saying he's meeting with chief science and medical people. Hopefully the rumours coming out of the cobra meeting are bullshit.
I mean, it'd be nice if they were but it's Boris and the fucking Tory party. They thrive on letting people die as long as they aren't their rich friends.