• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Alexiell

Oct 25, 2017
Louisiana
fuck this is scary, but I have been washing my hands multiple times a day and my job is already a little limiting to other people

trying to get my family members to take this more seriously is going to drive me insane

elty

Oct 31, 2017
Things are about to get crazy in Puerto Rico. A doctor from Panama, who tested positive for coronavirus, was here in PR with symptoms but the dumbfuck didnt say anything or went to a hospital, instead attended El Dia Nacional de la Zalsa a big event in which at least 20k people assisted, but he wasnt done, nope motherfucker also went to a party at a hotel. All of this while having symptoms.

Funny thing is I bought tickets for the event, I was going with my gf. But had a nagging feeling that maybe, with all the virus thing going on, assisting wasnt probably the best idea. Talked to my gf she said I was paranoid, that I was wasting money (around 50 dollars) but I managed to convince her in the end, so we didn't go. Being cautious work, people. This is going to get ugly fast in here, the event is mostly for 40-60 years old. Lots of people could be a risk now, thanks to this idiot.

What is assisted?

Sounds like a Chinese doctor during SARS - treated SARS patient, developed symptoms, no let's go to Hong Kong for a wedding and managed to infect people in hospital, tourists in a hotel (who bring the virus to their home country) and I think killed his brother.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
thehill.com

Tests indicate coronavirus can survive in the air

Federally funded tests conducted by scientists from several major institutions indicated that the novel form of coronavirus behind a worldwide outbreak can survive in the air for several hours.A st…

A study awaiting peer review from scientists at Princeton University, the University of California-Los Angeles and the National Institutes of Health (NIH) posted online Wednesday indicated that the COVID-19 virus could remain viable in the air "up to 3 hours post aerosolization," while remaining alive on plastic and other surfaces for up to three days.

"Our results indicate that aerosol and fomite transmission of HCoV-19 is plausible, as the virus can remain viable in aerosols for 42 multiple hours and on surfaces up to days," reads the study's abstract.

Really curious to see if it passes peer review.

Garchia3.0

Dec 20, 2018
The USA is pretty much shutting itself down at this point. People here in Mexico are starting to ask the government WTF are they doing to prevent its spread. We have an idiot for a president.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
thehill.com

Tests indicate coronavirus can survive in the air

Federally funded tests conducted by scientists from several major institutions indicated that the novel form of coronavirus behind a worldwide outbreak can survive in the air for several hours.A st…

A study awaiting peer review from scientists at Princeton University, the University of California-Los Angeles and the National Institutes of Health (NIH) posted online Wednesday indicated that the COVID-19 virus could remain viable in the air "up to 3 hours post aerosolization," while remaining alive on plastic and other surfaces for up to three days.

"Our results indicate that aerosol and fomite transmission of HCoV-19 is plausible, as the virus can remain viable in aerosols for 42 multiple hours and on surfaces up to days," reads the study's abstract.
This is huge if true. All of the best practices to avoid the virus will be null.

What the heck.

Oct 25, 2017
Question.

So, I have a ton of left over heavy duty pain pills from when I had a vasectomy. Let's say I get this. Would it be fine to take them to knock myself the fuck out? I just worry about the whole "trouble breathing" thing convinced with sleep inducing pain meds. But, they worked pretty great for my lasered testicles.
Assuming they're opioids, they will lower your respiratory drive, which probably isn't a good thing if you have, let's say, pneumonia.

Pedrito

Nov 4, 2017
Five new cases in Alberta, Canada. All travel related.

globalnews.ca

Alberta coronavirus cases jump to 19, one patient visited Edmonton hospital before testing positive | Globalnews.ca

In an update Wednesday afternoon, Alberta's chief medical officer of health said that the number of confirmed cases of coronavirus in the province is now 19.

Brings Alberta's total to 19.

Is it just me or many of the Canadian cases are originating from Egypt, and yet we barely hear about the situation there? According to wikipedia, there's just 67 cases.

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wish the US would implement some of SK's ideas such as the drive thru testing (heh, if only we had testing) and the GPS location alerts.

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
Things are about to get crazy in Puerto Rico. A doctor from Panama, who tested positive for coronavirus, was here in PR with symptoms but the dumbfuck didnt say anything or went to a hospital, instead attended El Dia Nacional de la Zalsa a big event in which at least 20k people assisted, but he wasnt done, nope motherfucker also went to a party at a hotel. All of this while having symptoms.

Funny thing is I bought tickets for the event, I was going with my gf. But had a nagging feeling that maybe, with all the virus thing going on, assisting wasnt probably the best idea. Talked to my gf she said I was paranoid, that I was wasting money (around 50 dollars) but I managed to convince her in the end, so we didn't go. Being cautious work, people. This is going to get ugly fast in here, the event is mostly for 40-60 years old. Lots of people could be a risk now, thanks to this idiot.
Not only this, but the cruise ship with the Italians who had COVID-19 symptoms and 96% of the passengers were left out on Sunday. We are so fucked.

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
The real question is how long we're all going to have to be shut down for. I'd imagine it'll be at least through mid-May at the earliest.

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
could that not really matter that much if it can access via eyes?

......Nope, I guess not 😭

Masks don't prevent you from breathing in aerosolized particles.

Fucking great.

Was there ever any new evidence supporting the testing showing this virus does damage to the Central Nervous System? That was only in patients with Encephalitis, right?
If (when) I catch this, I'd like it to not permanently affect that part of my body.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
could that not really matter that much if it can access via eyes?
Masks don't prevent you from breathing in aerosolized particles.
8SR

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
In case it hasn't been posted yet, the WH is clarifying some things Trump totally screwed up on. And they're very important things, considering his comment on a cargo ban is probably what sent futures limit down 5%.

Were any steps announced to curb the community spread in the US? Or is that all up to each State to manage?

OP
OP
wandering

wandering

flâneur
Oct 25, 2017
Question.

So, I have a ton of left over heavy duty pain pills from when I had a vasectomy. Let's say I get this. Would it be fine to take them to knock myself the fuck out? I just worry about the whole "trouble breathing" thing convinced with sleep inducing pain meds. But, they worked pretty great for my lasered testicles.

You should be asking your doctor, not this forum, honestly

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
Feeling really rattled tonight. I'm probably just paying too much attention to this but it really feels like the start of something huge. I'm not even worried about myself, but I'm terrified for my old, diabetic parents, one of whom is having hernia surgery Friday. And I know this isn't gonna be the bubonic plague, just feeling really uneasy.

It doesn't help that most folks I know are super flippant about it.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so worried right now due to my family, I have never been this worried since last year when a war is going on a nearby city. This is affecting my mental health as well, getting a bit anxiety attacks, and my main 'cure' which is excercise might be compromised since I should probably stay away from gym. I hope we get through this guys.

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018
What is assisted?

Sounds like a Chinese doctor during SARS - treated SARS patient, developed symptoms, no let's go to Hong Kong for a wedding and managed to infect people in hospital, tourists in a hotel (who bring the virus to their home country) and I think killed his brother.
Sorry meant to say that he went to the event. Used the wrong word there, I meant going to the event. Just nervously typing right now.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
We got a first case in my state in Mexico and luckily, my parents (both 60+) are taking measures to avoid infection, luckily, my dad is retired and my mom is used to stay at home, so they're doing quite well. We're not facing any panic buying situations and they have decided to just go do grocery shopping and taking short walks around home, so I'm quite relieved they're not exposed to public transport or dealing with other people.

Tomorrow is the 7th day since I returned from a flight and I'm waiting another week to go and visit them, I don't have any symptoms whatsoever and while the whole situation is critical, I'm glad my immediate family are taking the correct steps to avoid getting the disease.

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Question.

Absolutely do not take them.

Garchia3.0

Dec 20, 2018
I kinda miss the days when all of our focus was on China. We all knew it will eventually come to this, and some of us prepared a long time ago for this situation, but seeing it unfolding... man, it's truly humbling (and overwhelming). Stay safe everyone!

I just don't know how things will play out in my country. I can only hope for the best.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
I'm so worried right now due to my family, I have never been this worried since last year when a war is going on a nearby city. This is affecting my mental health as well, getting a bit anxiety attacks, and my main 'cure' which is excercise might be compromised since I should probably stay away from gym. I hope we get through this guys.

yes, today is the first time where I have actually had some slight panic attacks. Normally i can control it and my body actually coughs to relieve tension......has done this for years. I am normally the strongest mental person, but there is a part of me that knows this shit is big and i have never seen anything like this. Plus my grandma is really old and she has huge risk factors. My mother takes care of her and lives with her......this could be a huge issue say if my mother catches anything from work.

I'm prepped man........50+ packages of ramen, tons of frozen items, tons of pasta and sauce. But that won't mean shit if I catch it from work honestly....im just probably buying time by not going to the store anytime soon.

jediyoshi

Oct 25, 2017
I work in a school district north of Seattle. Two districts next to us have been shut down, can't imagine we're holding out much longer.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
The near simultaneous news of Hanks, Gobert, and (potentially) the Nebraska basketball coach tells you just how rampant this virus is at this point.

Kazen

May 31, 2019
I had a trip planned to NY next week and I was going to propose to my girlfriend.. Now I think we might have cancel it.

So much money wasted lol

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yes, today is the first time where I have actually had some slight panic attacks. Normally i can control it and my body actually coughs to relieve tension......has done this for years. I am normally the strongest mental person, but there is a part of me that knows this shit is big and i have never seen anything like this. Plus my grandma is really old and she has huge risk factors. My mother takes care of her and lives with her......this could be a huge issue say if my mother catches anything from work.

I'm prepped man........50+ packages of ramen, tons of frozen items, tons of pasta and sauce. But that won't mean shit if I catch it from work honestly....im just probably buying time by not going to the store anytime soon.
Yeah the biggest worry is not with myself but on how I can protect my loved ones as much as possible.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
I am dependent on public transit to get to work and I can't do my job from home. I flat-out told my parents I won't be seeing them in person for a while. I don't dare take the risk of transmitting this to them. I also suggested to work that we allow people on transit to at least come in on staggered hours so we're not taking transit when it's packed.

elty

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah, I've heard such news too from the previous month(s) and it was never confirmed. I thought this is a new and completely different study.

That's good to hear, then.

Well, Chinese doctors and researchers probably has spent more resource into this virus than the world combined. So if it appeared in their official treatment guide then I think it is more than enough confirmed.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah the biggest worry is not with myself but on how I can protect my loved ones as much as possible.

Hey man, if i do everything i can and go....i just hope its calmly while sleeping. I probably should check my beneficiaries at work tomorrow to make sure i have who i want. I'm young and all........but its one of those, hey anything can happen....at least make sure your family can move on without many issues.

But dear god (I'm not a practicing catholic) let me survive till FFVII:R part one comes out.......