• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Apparently he's going to address the nation tonight from the Oval office @ 9pm EST.

Yeah, that's kinda what I was referring to. I know my faith in him doing anything close to the right thing should be long dead, but come on you dumb mother fucker. Be a fucking leader for once. Like, if for no other reason than a lot of racist old people who vote for your ass could literally die from this shit. Save the old racists, Trump!

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
Literally just saw a snap from Bilka. You know those really fucking long hallways they have running across the whole length of the shop? Yea it's all queue.

It was similar here as far as I could tell from outside the stores (Lidl and Fakta). It's a strange dynamic, how people are literally being told by our Prime Minister, do not hoard and the press immediately after reporting how much people are hoarding.

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

"Chinese state broadcaster CCTV reported in a broadcast airing on 12 January 2020 that a "new viral outbreak was first detected in the city of Wuhan, China, on 12 December 2019."[12]"

"Chinese epidemiologists with the Chinese Center for Disease Control (CDC) published an article on 1 January 2020 stating that the first cluster of patients with "pneumonia of an unknown cause" had been identified on 21 December 2019.[13]"

The local Wuhan government went full Trump during this time.

I don't see how this is supposed to be against what I said? The broadcast happened/aired in January, a month after the first outbreak. The article was also in January, 10 days after the first cluster.

They tried to hide it again, and failed.

less

Oct 25, 2017
Welp. Someone in the building I work at (By Battery Park in NYC) tested positive for coronavirus. He was not in the building for the past week but it did make me very nervous. Working from home until further notice.

xMM4nsonx

Nov 1, 2017
I'm not a "complottist", but.. the numbers are really strange. Can someone explain me?

China has declared +500 cases in one month of epidemic. In only three weeks, Italy now have more than 12.000 cases (includes all cases, even recovered). Has China lied about real numbers?

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
The theme parks definitely aren't less crowded. Every day they are getting busier due to Spring Break season. If they close I'll be out of a job.
I hope you don't lose your job. But public safety is mighty important. Paying wages to furlough workers who work in places that could cause community transmission is what these companies should do. But... hey that goes against shareholder interest so 🤪

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
So we going to see a baby boom bc of this? People are going to have a lot of free time on their hands.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
I'm curious about what happens with
A) Churches
B) Prisons

Mega-churches in conservative areas seem like they could spread shit really fast and if it gets into our full prisons it could get really bad, really fast.

Yeah, I hope there aren't many churches that still congregate and think prayer will work.

Also a lot of the areas with that type of congregation won't have a lot of ICU beds nearby

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not a "complottist", but.. the numbers are really strange. Can someone explain me?

China has declared +500 cases in one month of epidemic. In only three weeks, Italy now have more than 12.000 cases (includes all cases, even recovered). Has China lied about real numbers?
Most definitely, or at least not reporting minor cases.

Lishi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't see how this is supposed to be against what I said? The broadcast happened in January, a month after the first outbreak. The article was also in January, 10 days after the first cluster.

WHO was informed 31 December.

The disease was spreading December, but people did not noticed anything abnormal until before Christmas.

Deleted member 6215

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The US thought it could skate by with utter incompetence for four years, but it's about to find out just how important good leadership really is.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017

China had around 80k cases total and they locked things down way more than basically any other country will.

DukeBlueBall

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
I don't see how this is supposed to be against what I said? The broadcast happened in January, a month after the first outbreak. The article was also in January, 10 days after the first cluster.

Hiding or trying to figure out what it is?

The massive outbreak in Italy happened after knowing about the virus and patient zero.

If Western countries are unable to contain their outbreaks after knowing about it, and given time to prepare for it. What does that say?

Vestal

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa FL
The economic impact in Florida the next few weeks is going to be severe. Spring Break is coming soon and I can only imagine the lack of travel down here because of this.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
Just found out my brother is at a trade show in New Orleans right now (flew over from massachusetts). Kind of worried

Copper

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Hiding or trying to figure out what it is?

The massive outbreak in Italy happened after knowing about the virus and patient zero.

If Western countries are unable to contain their outbreaks after knowing about it, and given time to prepare for it. What does that say?

Dude the doctors who denounced it first got censored.

Can we not?

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
They finally canceled the Boston Comic Con. Now we just need that Anime Con to chill out.

Wumbo64

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They notified the WHO 4 days after the outbreak started in Wuhan. They've since beaten the outbreak in their country.
The western world sat on their asses for 2 months+.

It's going to be hard to justify blaming China for the outbreaks in the West for this after all the Eastern countries have flattened their curves.

Oh, I am not saying we're entirely blameless. Our infrastructure is garbage.

Also, experts have already said the moment China lifts quarantine, their numbers are likely to skyrocket again. So I wouldn't call that "beating it". When they have a vaccine and their close quarters working/residential culture can resume uninhibited, then they have arguably beaten it.

A lot of folks don't trust the information the Chinese government has even been releasing. World authorities need to investigate how and why this started. It wouldn't be surprising if Chinese officials could have acted earlier or covered up neglect that might have made this situation far more salvageable. Nobody is really asking these questions in the midst of the hysteria.

Also, like I said... there are other potentially highly criminal acts that have been perpetrated by the Chinese Government in the past couple years. Innocent people are being harmed physically and financially, which is unacceptable.

Oct 27, 2017
The US thought it could skate by with utter incompetence for four years, but it's about to find out just how important good leadership really is.
It's also going to learn how idiotic the notion of private healthcare really is when everyone's day to day life involves everyone around them not being sick. At the end of the day, I doubt the U.S. will learn it's lesson though. I'm not sure even covid19 will bring consequences high enough to change American ideology.

Any Questions

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
UK

My Chinese mate has said you need to multiply the Chinese total numbers X10. Am not promoting conspiracy, it's just what he said to me. Am fairly confident that their numbers are wrong. There is plenty of evidence and they changed the way they count numbers several times during February. Is it X2, x5, x10, x100. God knows. Look at South Korea, Singapore, Taiwan and Hong Kong for places who have locked down and contained properly. Europe and the US are way way way too open still. It's going to be bad I think.

DukeBlueBall

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA

Sirenja

Oct 27, 2017
I work in a busy call center with 30+ ppl in one big office and have to use public transport to reach work - fml I guess. The company doesn´t care about us one bit...

carlosrso

Oct 27, 2017
Ipatinga, Brazil
The Brazilian press is reporting that Bolsonaro's communication secretary have symptoms after being in USA in the official visit from Bolsonaro to Trump. His and Bolsonaro's test results will be available tomorrow.

HipsterMorty

alt account
Banned
Jan 25, 2020
It's also going to learn how idiotic the notion of private healthcare really is when everyone's day to day life involves everyone around them not being sick. At the end of the day, I doubt the U.S. will learn it's lesson though. I'm not sure even covid19 will bring consequences high enough to change American ideology.
If there's one thing I'm certain of, it's that the U.S. will fail to learn anything from this pandemic.

Lishi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Not really, the virus was spreading in Wuhan before the test were ready to be used.
So many of confirmed cases in the later dates have been already sick.

I found around this graph.

Gray is the the number of infected but instead of using the diagnosis date use the some fancy method do determine the contagion date.(i guess some statistic are

involved)
Yellow is the date of diagnostic.

jvp200028f1.png

Last edited:

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
Conte just strenghtened the lock-down: every store but the ones providing food and medicines closed starting tomorrow, you absolutely can't leave home if not with an autocertification and only to purchase food or medicines.

Deleted member 16516

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if this has been posted yet. It's a map tracking cases of the virus in the US.

Tableau

See COVID Tracking Project:

The COVID Tracking Project (@COVID19Tracking) | Twitter

The latest Tweets from The COVID Tracking Project (@COVID19Tracking). We try to provide the most comprehensive state-level coronavirus data. Tweets mostly by @alexismadrigal, or @kissane in a pinch. Housed at @TheAtlantic

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wonder how long until the Orlando theme parks close or significantly reduce hours. Hopefully that won't happen.
Disneyland Paris are stopping a bunch of their events and shows including all parades and the illuminations starting tomorrow, or that's the word going around atm. I'm getting the feeling all of this will be closed soon. Japan recently extended their closure.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
A lot of cases, obvs. But the first lockdown was on January 23. And regards 9-11 millions of people. How is possible that Italy has a much more spread than China in short time?

I think it's the places of worship. There is an large amount of church going in Italy and I think that kicked things off heavily. Even after the initial outbreak they canceled the Wednesday mass and some larger ones but generally all the churches were operating as usual. It was a religious sect that kicked things off in SK. They are environments of extreme closeness.

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
If this has already been posted I am sorry, but my country (Denmark) is effectively closing down. From Friday and two weeks forth all schools, public offices (apart from health) will be closed down. All clubs, unions, religions etc are advices to not hold meetings and meeting held with above 100 people is strictly forbidden.
All private companies are advices to sent their workers home to work from home.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
If this has already been posted I am sorry, but my country (Denmark) is effectively closing down. From Friday and two weeks forth all schools, public offices (apart from health) will be closed down. All clubs, unions, religions etc are advices to not hold meetings and meeting held with above 100 people is strictly forbidden.
All private companies are advices to sent their workers home to work from home.
Good to hear that the government isn't waiting until thousands of cases have been confirmed, wish the Dutch government would do the same.

Deleted member 6215

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I've stopped underestimating people's ability to learn the wrong lesson. (Or any lesson at all)

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They notified the WHO 4 days after the outbreak started in Wuhan. They've since beaten the outbreak in their country.
The western world sat on their asses for 2 months+.

It's going to be hard to justify blaming China for the outbreaks in the West for this after all the Eastern countries have flattened their curves.

That's fair. Though in hindsight, probably all travel in/out from China should've been halted immediately.

Italy liked the tourist dollars they get from China too much to take that step, Canada and US were allowing flights to come in with no medical screening protocol for weeks.