• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
*let's calm down and watch some Youtube.*

Youtube recommendations: "Watchmojo, Top 10 worst epidemics in history" (vid from 2015)

Min

Oct 25, 2017
The issue is the hotel stay in Salt Lake City. It's about a 18 hour drive from my parents in California to my fiancee mom's place. Salt Lake is the half way point. I physically can't drive the full length. I have to stop and get a good night's sleep.

It's a risk I'm not sure I want to take, especially with her mom's medical history (diabetes, a heart attack and cancer).

You could park on the side of the highway and sleep in the car. 🤷‍♂️ I've done that a few times in Utah.

dpanim

Oct 27, 2017
I'm the audio technician on a live morning show (radio/TV) in Toronto and we're currently assessing whether we can stay on the air by successfully pulling off a fully remote show with everyone being home (hosts, techs, guests). Lots of testing going on.

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
Well this Medical Expert on Joe Rogan didn't make me feel better.

Luckily he was telling folks the truth. We are fucked for MONTHS.

This was also relevant

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
the US needs to declare a national emergency

what a time to be alive when countries require people travelling from the US to a 2 week quarantine

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Companies will all diversity the supply chains after this. It ridiculous how many eggs are put into one basket.
Oh absolutely, maybe this will be the good outcome of corona. There fucking needs to be spread of other relatively big supply chains, the hyper capitalistic min-max cost effective approach be damned.

We pretty much got to the point of "China stops, the world stops".

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
pc3R0BO.png

Denmark closes. This is going to be weird.

It was almost surreal watching that. And though our prime minister made it abundantly clear that hoarding was unnecessary and would only exacerbate the issues, when I was walking home stores were full of people, some shelves already empty despite people having only roughly an hour after the announcement in many places, before stores closed.

Would be easier if people decided to listen to our authorities.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2017
So...how likely is it that the US will be quarantined and for how long? I may stock up on a month of groceries tonight, do we think that'll be long enough?

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh absolutely, maybe this will be the good outcome of corona. There fucking needs to be spread of other relatively big supply chains, the hyper capitalistic min-max cost effective approach be damned.

There is hopefully a lot more good outcomes than just this. But I hear you. This is definitely one of them.

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
My company sent out an email canceling all non 100% necessary travel. Think tomorrow will probably be my last day in the office for a bit. My company is already very lax on remote policy and none of my job requires me to be anywhere physically

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Three things that had me worried recently.

1.) Our department's managers flying out to Las Vegas for work later this month - CANCELLED
2.) My work trip to Toronto in Q2 - CANCELLED
3.) Conference set to take place later this month - Pending

2 out of 3. Let's knock that last one out.

DukeBlueBall

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
Similar pollution levels as us:
www.worldometers.info

South Korea COVID - Coronavirus Statistics - Worldometer

South Korea Coronavirus update with statistics and graphs: total and new cases, deaths per day, mortality and recovery rates, current active cases, recoveries, trends and timeline.

Only 1% in critical condition.

I think we will flatten curve easily here in the US with the measures we've taken. 🤞

In comparison, northern Italy, Iran, and China are much more polluted.

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Trump fears emergency declaration would contradict coronavirus message
There's no deadline for a decision, but one of the people familiar with the talks said the task force will not give Trump its final verdict until Jared Kushner, the president's senior adviser and son-in-law, finishes his research and comes to a conclusion himself.
I need a drink.

Don't worry, for the man assigned to solve the middle-east crisis this will be a walk in the park.

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
Gonna go get some supplies today. Never prepped for a pandemic before, no idea what to buy. I guess i'll go for shelf-stable pantry goods like rice, lentils and beans along with frozen meats and veggies.

Dinjooh

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It was almost surreal watching that. And though our prime minister made it abundantly clear that hoarding was unnecessary and would only exacerbate the problems, when I was walking home stores were full of people, some shelves already empty despite people having only roughly an hour after the announcement in many places, before the stores closed.

One of my mates send a snap first of his TV where she said 'don't hoard' and then he pointed his camera out of the window to the closest Netto where people were literally standing in a queue outside.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
So...how likely is it that the US will be quarantined and for how long? I may stock up on a month of groceries tonight, do we think that'll be long enough?

Make sure to buy food you would eat anyway because nobody knows how these things go.

I think it will have to get exponentially worse before they shut down grocery stores though. It's probably more important to have a 2 week supply for self quarantine than anything.

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
Gonna go get some supplies today. Never prepped for a pandemic before, no idea what to buy. I guess i'll go for shelf-stable pantry goods like rice, lentils and beans along with frozen meats and veggies.

That's what I did today. A few packages of chicken breast to throw in the freezer, rice, and frozen vegetables.

Jul 26, 2018
Honest question, what's the plan for this? Do we just lock down everything for two weeks and wait for everyone carrying it to either die or let their body kill the virus? Is that how we gonna stop it?

Kikujiro

Oct 27, 2017

There's so much to learn from this pandemic from a social/economic standpoint that I don't even know where to start.

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Similar pollution levels as us:
www.worldometers.info

South Korea COVID - Coronavirus Statistics - Worldometer

South Korea Coronavirus update with statistics and graphs: total and new cases, deaths per day, mortality and recovery rates, current active cases, recoveries, trends and timeline.

Only 1% in critical condition.

I think we will flatten curve easily here in the US with the measures we've taken. 🤞
https://www.scmp.com/week-asia/heal...virus-south-korea-cuts-infection-rate-without

Officials attribute the decrease to mass testing, improved public communication and the use of advanced technology
Details about the travel histories of confirmed patients are also available on municipal websites, sometimes with breakdowns of a patient's residence or employer, which can make them identifiable individually, leading to concerns about privacy.
The importance of maintaining good hygiene has also been stressed. South Koreans seldom leave their homes without wearing a face mask, with many buildings putting up signs reading "No Masks, No Entry". Restaurant workers and retail staff wear masks while serving customers.

I don't think we've got what it takes, sadly.

JaseMath

Oct 27, 2017
Denver, CO
There's this woman I work with who thinks the coronavirus is an overblown hoax. I've been trying to convince her to show some respect for those of us with compromised immune systems, etc. (as there are several in our office, including a close friend of mine) so she came up to me and LITERALLY COUGHED ON ME. Then she goes, "Do you think you're infected now?"

I can't even.

Last edited:

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's this woman I work with who thinks the corona virus is an overblown hoax. I've been trying to convince her to show some respect for those of us with compromised immune systems, etc. (as there are in our office, including a close friend of mine) so she came up to me and LITERALLY COUGHED ON ME. Then she goes, "Do you think you're infected now?"

I can't even.

wtf

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
There's this woman I work with who thinks the corona virus is an overblown hoax. I've been trying to convince her to show some respect for those of us with compromised immune systems, etc. (as there are in our office, including a close friend of mine) so she came up to me and LITERALLY COUGHED ON ME. Then she goes, "Do you think you're infected now?"

I can't even.

Uh, go to HR.

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017

I can't even.
I'd report that to HR.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017

I can't even.
Yep. I'd report this to HR immediately. I work at a very relaxed company, and if she did that here, she'd be packing up for good.

Tempy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm
Hoping The Netherlands will do the same real soon.

Yes. Dutch government hasn't been taking this seriously enough. Only a handful of events cancelled, mostly in North-Brabant. It should be nation-wide. All sporting events cancelled or played without crowds. More flight restrictions. It's gonna hurt financially, but the alternative is worse.

DukeBlueBall

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA

This helps with the infection rate. Doesn't explain why their number of critical cases is much lower than Iran's and Italy's. Iran has a younger population than SK's.

I mean it's not that big of a stretch. Smokers are more susceptible to this disease. Air pollution works in the similar ways in damaging lungs.

Hmm, with that said, folks with hypertension / obsesity being susceptible to this virus.

fuck.

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA

I can't even.

Make a complaint to HR, don't let that shit slide.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
There's so much to learn from this pandemic from a social/economic standpoint that I don't even know where to start.

Between:
-health care issues
-planning of country-wide emergencies
-supply chain reliance
-the bajillion other things

Yeah, I hope that not just the US, but other countries troubled like this will learn well.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno

I can't even.

If that was me, she'd probably get punched. I'd consider that a form of assault.

But you should report her to HR.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017

I can't even.
Stupidly is going to accelerate our doom.