• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Currently working as a teacher's assistant and was informed today that if the county does shut down the schools that I will not be paid.

Glad to hear the banks will get a bail out though.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017

twitter.com

Jim Acosta on Twitter

“Trump tells bankers he will be making a statement later tonight about Coronavirus. He says he will talk about what the country should do to deal with the outbreak.”

The one thing I'm reading right now is a delay of tax payments.

How exactly does this help an individual? My wife and I owe ~$1k or so. We're not going to now go and having a $1k shopping spree at the mall because the tax payment is delayed few months.

Is this more for small businesses?

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017

twitter.com

Jim Acosta on Twitter

“Trump tells bankers he will be making a statement later tonight about Coronavirus. He says he will talk about what the country should do to deal with the outbreak.”

"Work and travel more, we have to save the aviation and hospitality industry."

I'm kidding. Someone try to imagine the worst possible thing he can say, because it's probably in that space.

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
So, they seeing other teams start announcing that they'll be playing without fans in the arenas and they're still so fucking greedy that they won't follow?
There's still plenty of people with the mindset that "there's only 4 cases in DC!", despite the fact that there's more cases in the DC region as a whole when you account for MD and VA, and DC has only done 39 tests so far (15 of which are still pending). Most of the aforementioned cases were community spread. NY and DC has tons of back-and-forth commuters and NY has tons of cases now. We have tons of international visitors from around the world. The likelihood that it's not already festering in this region is slim-to-none.

I guess it's probably the money, because it always is, but it's certainly super irresponsible at this point.

JaseMath

Oct 27, 2017
Denver, CO
Has Trump addressed the nation from the Oval Office before? Also, I hate that history will have this momento to savor of the COVID-19 outbreak—our moron president, trying to calm everyone. It'll be like Nixon trying to reassure everyone about Vietnam.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Denmark is shutting down. I have 2 weeks of no school attendence ahead of me.

A few quotes from prime minister and co.

"Denmark has the highest doubling rate so far, going from 0 to 514 in 3 days."
"We are closing down to prevent hospitals capacity from being exceeded."
"There are no deaths yet, but 10 are in critical condition."
"Some people are going to lose their jobs, unfortunately."

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Montgomery College in Montgomery County, MD is closing until April 3rd. No word on Uni of MD.

Also, why did people buy up all the bar soap at Whole Foods but leave the liquid soap?

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Any parents hear any news about daycares? My son's school just sent out an email stating that they will be staying open, and will only close if required by the state Child Care Licensing Department or Health Department. I'm sure their staff is happy to hear that because they don't get paid if they don't show up unless they're using sick or vacation days.

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
I look forward to the tax cuts that will save my life

America fuck yea!

sd-aspect-1490201604-moneyivdrip-v2.gif

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Campus is closing down at schools in Colorado to go online. I'm pretty upset about it but I understand. Sucks.

Deleted member 7777

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Employers should really be mandating that those who are able should work from home. Even where there are no cases. It'll slow this thing down quite a bit

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Any parents hear any news about daycares? My son's school just sent out an email stating that they will be staying open, and will only close if required by the state Child Care Licensing Department or Health Department. I'm sure their staff is happy to hear that because they don't get paid if they don't show up unless they're using sick or vacation days.

Check your daycare centers. Ours state they will close if Schools don't have 'instruction'. If there is remote learning, my guess they will stay open?

Eidan

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
So when this is all over, does anyone expect any kind of international pressure for China to crack down on its wet markets?

Rampage

Oct 27, 2017
Metro Detriot
Husband and another white collar Ford employee says Ford working from home is in the works soon as tommorow from some departments to test the VPN load, adjust over the weekend, then everyone sometime next week.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
I've searched the thread and couldn't find it, but I swear it was in here earlier. Has anyone seen a tweet that broke down how many cases of Corona were reported each day in different countries? It was really useful to show how fast this thing is spreading.

www.worldometers.info

Coronavirus Update (Live): 126,620,987 Cases and 2,777,660 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Pandemic - Worldometer

Live statistics and coronavirus news tracking the number of confirmed cases, recovered patients, tests, and death toll due to the COVID-19 coronavirus from Wuhan, China. Coronavirus counter with new cases, deaths, and number of tests per 1 Million population. Historical data and info. Daily...

perhaps?

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
very strange to hear the stories from my family in italy, seems almost fiction...especially compared to where i am right now where the effects are barely felt at all

Pockets

Oct 27, 2017
Well, I've seen enough. Get my elementary child off the school bus this afternoon and another kid on the bus has his mouth on the window like one of those sucker fish cleaners as the bus pulls away...

Blindman

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I didn't say any of them was bad?
But the question was what did Taiwan do to prevent the situation, and those are just what I remember

The fine and punishment for breaking quarantine is money fine, last person was...$70,000? (Break home/self quarantine 10,000~100,000 for those coming back from affected area or transfer through there, 60,000~300,000)
And also be moved to manditory quarantine under government supervision instead of self quarantine.
But that has been increased with the special provision

New rule that just passed feburary 25th
Emergency funding for combating the virus 600 billion
Breaking self quarantine fine and punishment increased
Coming back from affect region(No known contact with people) 100,000 to 1 million
Had contact with known person carrying Coronavirus 200,000 to 1 Million
Breaking quarantine and infecting other people, 200,000 to 1 million and up to 2 year jail sentence

Ruling on hoarding and reselling item(Machinery, equipment, etc) at unfair price deemed necessary by Central Health Agency will result in at most 3 year jail sentence and fine up to 5 million

Spreading rumor and false information on the Coronavirus with the intent to disrupt or hurt other or public safety up to 3 year jail sentence and fine up to 3 million

Those people that have been placed under manditory and self quarantine by the government will be given manditory and cannot be fired or punishment by their employee, and those that require additional assistance or no salary will be suppored by the government

Manditory paid sick live by employee and cannot be taxed for those time while in quarantine

Those under quarantine or confirm to have virus will for the time being result in tempory right and will have their self be filmed, photographed, and if necessary, their information, route on public transportation and other necessary information be published to find and contain spread of coronavirus

Increase monetary payment for people assisting in the fight against the virus including all health worker, janitorial worker, fire, police, and government official, and if any contract and pass away from the disease, their family will be taken care of

Business and manufacturing affected by the disease will be assisted and those manufacturing currently helping government will be compensated in the future

tw.appledaily.com

《紓困條例》三讀通過!防疫隔離可補償 企業給薪加倍抵稅|蘋果新聞網|蘋果日報

因應中國武漢肺炎疫情衝擊,立法院院會今(25日)三讀通過《嚴重特殊傳染性肺炎防治及紓困振興特別條例》,編列特別預算協助產業紓困與振興措施,上限為新台幣600億元。罰則部份,若哄抬或不當囤積防疫物資,最重可處5年徒刑及500萬罰金;罹患武漢肺炎不遵行衛生主管機關指示,而有傳染給他人之虞者,可處2年徒刑或200萬罰金。違反隔離、檢疫規定者,最重均可處100萬罰鍰。《嚴重特殊傳染性肺炎防治及紓困振興特別條例》共19條,條文明定罰則,受隔離者違反規定,處20萬至100萬罰鍰;受檢疫者違反規定,處10萬至100萬元罰鍰;罹患或疑似罹患嚴重特殊傳染性肺炎,不遵行各級衛生主管機關指示,而有傳染於他人之...

Another thing I remember now, Stop selling mask to other nation, while production was being increased to ensure enough supply for Taiwan public and health worker
So let me try to understand here... are you saying Taiwan is doing a bad or good job here trying to contain the outbreak? What is your take on their action? Is this something the US should adopt under the current administration?

Nivash

Oct 25, 2017
Swedish CDC confirmed signs of community transmission yesterday afternoon and things took off today. We had 150 new cases since yesterday, pushing total cases to near 500. Swedish CDC is now urging people to stay at home if they have so much as a cold. They're switching from contact tracing to trying to prevent infections spreading in hospitals and care homes. Sweden has universal sick pay but it usually doesn't pay for the first day you stay home (to prevent abuses), the government decided to waive that exception effective immediately. All public gatherings with more than 500 participants are banned.

I'm a doctor at a family medicine clinic. We're focusing on keeping patients with respiratory infections at home if they're not severely ill enough to require immediate care. We're going to try to ban people bringing relatives to appointments if it's not medically necessary. Local hospitals have banned visitors to any but the critically ill patients. Local care homes have banned visitors.

Oct 27, 2017
My partner's office said yesterday they were starting staggered WFH days but then abruptly today they changed their minds and now all staff outside of senior staff are now to work from home indefinitely. Wild.

Whistler

Oct 27, 2017
This sounds corny, but I'm so terribly anxious about people who can't work from home and don't have job security. I'm so fortunate to be able to do my job completely remote – my family too – but the millions of people who can't...I can't even imagine how panic inducing that must be.

Thanks, it's not fun! I'm an electrician and there's not anything we do at home. As far as I know it's business as usual, until the economy tanks during this.