• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jedi79

Oct 27, 2017
So we got news today that our school trip to Ireland ( from USA) was cancelled today, was leaving Friday :/

ReactionShot

Oct 25, 2017
131 new cases in South Korea (in the past 24 hours, including cases from the earlier half day report at 4p), 7513 cases + 54 deaths (0.71%) in total.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
Instead of stocking up on TP get a bidet. I have a Tushy but there are even cheaper ones for like $25 with thousands of good reviews on Amazon.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Vanderbilt in Nashville, TN has canceled classes for one week and will be conducting remote classes for the two weeks following. Pretty sure there was a student who got the virus and was exposed to other students.

Deleted member 23075

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
To all Ontarian's here, the Government of Ontario has updated their coronavirus page with new stuff!

They now have a table showing the case number, the patient's age and gender, which Public Health Unit treated them, which hospital they went to, what type of transmission they got the virus from, and their status (self-isolating or hospitalized).

They only have it for the most recent cases, but this is a great step.

Example:

k0Xo6Lv.png

Very helpful. Thank you!

FunkyPajamas

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Coronavirus can travel twice as far as official 'safe distance' and stay in air for 30 minutes, Chinese study finds.

www.scmp.com

Coronavirus can travel twice as far as official ‘safe distance’, study says

Health authorities advise people to stay 1-2 metres apart, but researchers found that a bus passenger infected fellow travellers sitting 4.5 metres away.
Is this a reputable source? I didn't see any links to the studies mentioned. If so, it's quite concerning I think.

Froli

Oct 25, 2017
Philippines
Is this a reputable source? I didn't see any links to the studies mentioned. If so, it's quite concerning I think.

Got the same article here. Dunno how reputable nypost is

nypost.com

Coronavirus can travel much farther than previously thought, study finds

The coronavirus may be able to linger in the air for at least half an hour, last for days on some surfaces, and travel almost 15 feet, a new study has found. The research by Chinese government epid…

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's a reputable newspaper, there is no reason to believe this is fake news or anything, but I would wait on this, this is one study being reported by someone I'd imagine is not an expert in the field.
China have not updated their recommended containment protocol, I would be watching that.

Dunno how reputable nypost is
It is not.
I wouldn't believe the date in the NY Post.

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
Vanderbilt in Nashville, TN has canceled classes for one week and will be conducting remote classes for the two weeks following. Pretty sure there was a student who got the virus and was exposed to other students.

I work for a large university and we're trying to get ready to throw the switch as soon as someone gets reported on campus as being sick.

everyer

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It's a reputable newspaper, there is no reason to believe this is fake news or anything, but I would wait on this, this is one study being reported by someone I'd imagine is not an expert in the field.
China have not updated their recommended containment protocol, I would be watching that.

It is not.
I wouldn't believe the date in the NY Post.

Every bus should open windows.
No central air conditions are allowed here in bus or office.
No touch body temperature scanner.
Everybody wear face masks.
Daily bus disinfection.

And the sense to stay away from other people.

Mar 23, 2018
Currently, we have 16 confirmed cases in our city. These last few days I have noticed how little people seem to care about preventing from getting Covid' around here. For example, today I asked my dad about it and he replied "If I get the virus, I get it. That's it" it's not like he doesn't mind, but more like he feels it is not in our power other than quarentining the folks who already have it. I can empathize with that. The thing that bothers me about this kind of idea though is that he's not living alone. My mother, on the other hand, is making all of this effort purchasing disinfectant, etc (not acting like an "apocalypse getting every kind of food from the mall" yet, though, hahaha) and that kind of acting would just screw her preventing - and the rest of us - if he does get it. As was said before, I can relate to that thinking; it just feels like if you're going to get it, you will get it and this being more about being lucky or not.

Personally, I usually wash my hands a lot but I do touch my shirt, pencils, hair, etc while out, even if I don't realize it... It does feel like a huge quarentine for a month or so could really help the most infected countries out there (which my country is turning out to be, going from three hundred cases to over 1K in a day). And it's just going to grow for the next couple of weeks unless our Gov. do something, which I believe they're not really doing yet, at least not on the magnitude of Italy, as an example.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
Well, GAMA decided to have their keynote speaker have everyone in the room during a meal inflate balloons and release them over everyone's food and drink.

So that's a fucking thing when you don't cancel a con.

elty

Oct 31, 2017
Does anyone know why does mask has an expiry date? Do they apply chemical that fade overtime, or does it become more loose thus won't fit well?

guill

Nov 14, 2017
so we just had our first confirmed case here in Panama, a local returning from Spain, 2 family member quarantined at her house with her, 10 people in observation

MasterChumly

Oct 25, 2017
It's a bad look and obviously they should still test them for the sake of doing due diligence, but... well, they've got the fucking virus, yeah? You don't need to be an medical expert to make that assessment, it's kind of at the "no shit" stage for these particular workers.
I mean what happens if they go out while still contagious even if they think they are not? Contact tracing? Follow ups? I mean I could go on. This is why the situation is going to be a fucking disaster in the United States. I mean I don't expect a South Korea response but I expect SOMETHING

Bubukill

Oct 25, 2017
Panama
so we just had our first confirmed case here in Panama, a local returning from Spain, 2 family member quarantined at her house with her, 10 people in observation

What do you think of the school's director situation that is currently under investigation? Shit can get real wild here if that case ended up being confirmed as Coronavirus related.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
My best friend's kid's school in Tacoma just got shut down for the rest of the week. Someone tested positive for it, they won't say if it's staff or student.

everyer

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Chinese authorities tried to silence people like Dr. Li (RIP) who warned them of the danger back in December. If they had listened and acted accordingly, this whole thing might possibly have been contained, saving thousands of lives.

China fucked up big time.

It's not the central Chinese government. It's just Wuhan government. They already had the lessons.
The mayor of Shanghai has been assigned to Hubei Province. The officer from Henan has been assigned to Wuhan.

Anyway, keep on blaming doesn't help. We are all angry at what Wuhan government did. But we better save the time to prepare and take actions.

guill

Nov 14, 2017
What do you think of the school's director situation that is currently under investigation? Shit can get real wild here if that case ended up being confirmed as Coronavirus related.
sound weird, im not really sure about that, could be asbestos or some weird shit. Not sure if he had travel history