• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Did anyone Trump had what sounded to me like a congested tone to his voice? Might've been why he didn't talk long. Could have the rona.

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
So my girlfriend is flying to Florida in a week. She's taking hand sanitizer and a face mask on the plane, still I'm not happy she is going. :(

ZW33

Oct 25, 2017
Wow. Actually good news so far.

4 million test kits will be available by the end of the week.

Unfortunately, the number of tests available is irrelevant if they continue their insanely strict testing guidlines.

Even right now, you can have all the symptoms, but in most states they still won't test you unless you are either hospitalized with life threatening pneumonia, have travelled to certain areas, or had direct contact with someone known to be infected.

They keep saying they're going to relax the testing guidlines, but I'll believe it when I see it. Also, these people are pathological liars, so I doubt the number is even accurate.

I hope I'm wrong of course.

Deleted member 16365

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So will young people start saying "ok doomer"? /s

This is so fucking stupid. He's actually downplaying the danger here.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Unfortunately, the number of tests available is irrelevant if they continue their insanely strict testing guidlines.

Even right now, you can have ALL the symptoms, but in most states they still won't test you unless you are either hospitalized with life threatening pneumonia, have travelled to certain areas, or had direct contact with someone known to be infected.
They keep saying they're going to relax the testing guidlines, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Would this extend to private companies as well?

OP
OP
wandering

wandering

flâneur
Oct 25, 2017
I've been following this for weeks? The virus has been spreading in Washington for 6 weeks already. It's everywhere. Two people died of it before they even tested anybody there/knew it was there. It spreads easily, can linger in the air for 30 minutes, and can live on surfaces for 2-3 days, even at 98F. It's everywhere and it is going to keep spreading.

Where are you getting that it lingers in the air, and that it can survive for 2-3 days at 98F? AFAIK SARS-CoV-2 is spread through droplets, and coronaviruses in general are easily affected by temperature.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Where are you getting that it lingers in the air, and that it can survive for 2-3 days at 98F? AFAIK SARS-CoV-2 is spread through droplets, and coronaviruses in general are easily affected by temperature.
And this one is too.

www.scmp.com

Coronavirus ‘highly sensitive’ to high temperatures, Chinese study says

Pathogen appears to spread fastest at 8.72 degrees Celsius, so countries in colder climes should ‘adopt the strictest control measures’, according to researchers from Sun Yat-sen University in Guangdong province.

It spreads fastest at 8.72*C, perfectly fit for Seattle now.

Lifendz

Oct 27, 2017
So that hourly wage reimbursement plan they referenced...is that just more horse shit from the pathological liar in chief or will it be so bungled like his hurricane relief that the money never reaches those that need it?

Garchia3.0

Dec 20, 2018
not surprising, it's going to spread to damn near every place in the world at some point

It''s really shocking to see the speed at which it spreads recently. What worries me is we haven't heard anything yet here in Mexico. Our numbers stand at 7 confirmed cases, but to be exporting them, that thing must be already circulating freely.

Broken Hope

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, no need to fear-monger. You realize there are only around 500 people in the entire US who have it, right? It's much smaller in the US than most people think. Because it is still mostly people who had direct contact with someone from out of country, or someone else who got it from someone from out of country. Sure, it may spread here fairly quickly, but to suggest that every state and city already has it is quite the assumption with zero evidence.
You're in for such a surprise when the US actually start doing proper testing.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait for Trump to attend rallies in his new Anti-Corona Virus attire:

maxresdefault.jpg

Deleted member 16365

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So that hourly wage reimbursement plan they referenced...is that just more horse shit from the pathological liar in chief or will it be so bungled like his hurricane relief that the money never reaches those that need it?

He said payroll tax break. Basically companies are going to save money with the idea that they'll pass that along to their hourly employees. It almost never works out that way and likely won't this time unless they make it mandatory.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What's amazing here is this is going to burn the GOP's gimmick dry.

I mean, we all know it doesn't work, but now they're hitting bone.
You run the deficit right now, and then when democrats get into power you start screaming about it, and democrats are dumb enough to actually believe this bullshit, so we'll try to cut the deficit in a recession, just like last time.
Maybe this time they'll even manage to do a ReSpOnSiBlE gRaNd BaRgAiN and raise retirement age, like they almost did last time.

OP
OP
wandering

wandering

flâneur
Oct 25, 2017
And this one is too.

www.scmp.com

Coronavirus ‘highly sensitive’ to high temperatures, Chinese study says

Pathogen appears to spread fastest at 8.72 degrees Celsius, so countries in colder climes should ‘adopt the strictest control measures’, according to researchers from Sun Yat-sen University in Guangdong province.

It spreads fastest at 8.72*C, perfectly fit for Seattle now.

Thought as much. The research figures say so far that the surface survival results longer than a day were obtained at 68F, and going 80+ cuts the lifespan of the first SARS coronavirus in half.

jaytothe

Oct 30, 2017

Naru

May 11, 2019
About the Vitamin D thing, there are pills like the 2k ones you should take daily and 7k ones you should take weekly. I assume it's better to take the daily ones?

Deleted member 30681

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
What's amazing here is this is going to burn the GOP's gimmick dry.

I mean, we all know it doesn't work, but now they're hitting bone.
shame it won't burn it permanently and for good. Feel like it's already a long forgotten fact that tax cuts and de-regulation is what caused the 2008 recession in of itself.

StonerSage

Banned
Sep 22, 2019
I can't imagine young people believe this BS they are spewing, everything might work out if old people listen to them..

Dany

Oct 29, 2017
seattle
I should probably skip going to Italy for my honeymoon in May right? :( Trying to figure out of Spain and France are okay to travel too

Naru

May 11, 2019
They should really change it to "The risk to the average healthy American under the age of 60 without preexisting conditions remains low."

Kikujiro

Oct 27, 2017
I should probably skip going to Italy for my honeymoon in May right? :( Trying to figure out of Spain and France are okay to travel too

Spain and France are probably going to be like Italy in a few weeks, I don't think Europe will be safe in May, but probably nowhere in the world will be safe. Postpone the honeymoon if you can, Italy is amazing and worth the visit when things will be better.

Dany

Oct 29, 2017
seattle
Spain and France are probably going to be like Italy in a few weeks, I don't think Europe will be safe in May, but probably nowhere in the world will be safe. Postpone the honeymoon if you can, Italy is amazing and worth the visit when things will be better.
Ughh, how unfortunate!! We have time to review the situation and see what happens

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
I haven't heard much info from Japan recently. My trip is still scheduled about 6 weeks away. Tourist attractions like Disneyland were still scheduled to reopen 5 days from now right?