• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CyrilFiggis

Nov 3, 2017
Pennsylvania
Im in the US (Pennsylvania). Long e-mail from our COO today about COVID-19. Basically banned all non-essential business travel, even domestic. If we feel it is essential we need approval from Sr. Management. If we travel internationally - even for personal reasons - we have to report this to human resources and if its to a country with a level 2 or 3 warning we have to self-quarantine for 14 days upon return and are forbidden from entering the offices at that time. Yikes.

Stay safe and wash those hands.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I talked to my boss todsy about postponing my vacation hours I booked off, aaaaand turns out he's one of those "nobody talks about how the flu kills x amount of ppl a years, and there's only (insert low, incorrect number) infected and (insert low, incorrect number) that have died from this".

I... didn't get into that. I'm sandwiched between that and my parents freaking out on me not having a stockpile of supplies :x
It's amazing how quickly the right switched from racist jokes and demanding borders to be closed to "nothing to worry about".

elty

Oct 31, 2017
The case # in Canada seems low, but it is still growing at a rate of 17-20% per day.

If the rate hold true, we will have ~79 case by the end of today. In a week it will be 250, in two weeks 789 and by April 1st it will be over 3000.

We really need to quarantine people for 14 days from everywhere with multiple community outbreak, which includes parts of Europe and US. Case investigator can only do so much and eventually, someone will slip through and form new community cluster, which may already happen in BC.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
My family is like this as well. Best retort I came up with on the spot was to ask them whether they thought China would nuke their economy like that if it was such an innocuous illness. Sometimes you have to fight simple with simple 🤡

Fighting a brick wall isn't worth my energy. I could easily ask "when was the last time a flu wiped out entire care homes" or "when was the last time several political leaders died of the flu all at once (Iran)". Yes, people DO die of the flu and for most, it's a trivial virus you get over. You just... don't see this kind of news with "just the flu".

I'm glad I don't watch tv news though...

DazzlerIE

Oct 25, 2017
The case # in Canada seems low, but it is still growing at a rate of 17-20% per day.

If the rate hold true, we will have ~79 case by the end of today. In a week it will be 250, in two weeks 789 and by April 1st it will be over 3000.

We really need to quarantine people for 14 days from everywhere with multiple community outbreak, which includes parts of Europe and US. Case investigator can only do so much and eventually, someone will slip through and form new community cluster, which may already happen in BC.

My HR Manager at work was forced to send an email today asking people to PLEASE stay home if they're sick. We had 4/5 people come in with hacking coughs today and it has everyone on edge. WTF is wrong with people? We're a union shop with excellent sick pay benefits, there's no need to be here

EDIT: We're in BC, where community transmission has already been documented

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
All three cases are in Cuyahoga county. Ages 54-56. Two were on a trip to India. One was at a conference in Washington D.C.
oh shit.
Just this morning I was talking to my boss and said "im sure someone in Ohio already has it; they just haven't reported it yet or had symptoms."

We do promotional products and stock of hand sanitizer and the like is already on a 3-4 week delay. With it being here in Cuyahoga County (with University Hospitals AND Cleveland Clinc), thats even more worrisome. The hospitals we work with are just now ordering these giveaway sanitizers so I'm fully expecting our emails to blow up this week.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Rep Matt "I'm going to mockingly wear a gasmask to work" Gaetz is now under quarantine after shaking hands with CPAC patient zero.

Yare yare daze.

Edit; Fucking yikes

Gaetz was on Air Force One with Trump roughly an hour ago.

Last edited:

Akabeko

Oct 27, 2017
Cool cool cool, an employee at my kids' school district is being tested. They closed the schools for tomorrow to disinfect everything.

Vapelord

Oct 27, 2017
Montreal
Quebec here, grocery report from this weekend. Didn't see any bare isles or cleared out anything no TP fistacuffs to be seen. Pretty chill as usual, wash your hands people! That Wash your lyrics site is great that was posted a few pages back!
2586000350251057152.png

Deleted member 16516

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
I saw a screenshot of a chart circulating yesterday that seemed to say that not a single person under the age of 10 has died from this. Can anyone say whether that's accurate or not?
According to this:

www.worldometers.info

Coronavirus Age, Sex, Demographics (COVID-19) - Worldometer

Age, sex, demographic characteristics such as pre-existing conditions, of coronavirus cases of patients infected with COVID-19 and deaths, as observed in studies on the virus outbreak originating from Wuhan, China

There has yet to be a fatality in the 0-9 age group.

elty

Oct 31, 2017
I saw a screenshot of a chart circulating yesterday that seemed to say that not a single person under the age of 10 has died from this. Can anyone say whether that's accurate or not?

Based on Chinese report, 0-9 account for less than 1% of the cases and has no death. Many shows no visible symptoms and are only discovered through contact tracing and case investigation.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
A press conference of Conte has just been announced in Italy.
Will new countermeasures be already announced, only 48 hours after the last decree?

Froli

Oct 25, 2017
Philippines
Top Coronavirus Doctor in Wuhan Says High Blood Pressure is Major Death Risk

Patients with hypertension appear to be at a higher risk of dying from the coronavirus, said a top Chinese intensive care doctor who's been treating critically ill patients since mid-January.

While there's been no published research yet explaining why, Chinese doctors working in Wuhan, the central Chinese city where the virus first emerged, have noticed that infected patients with that underlying illness are more likely to slip into severe distress and die.

Of a group of 170 patients who died in January in Wuhan -- the first wave of casualties caused by a pathogen that's now raced around the world -- nearly half had hypertension.

www.bloomberg.com

Top Coronavirus Doctor in Wuhan Says High Blood Pressure Is Major Death Risk

Patients with hypertension appear to be at a higher risk of dying from the coronavirus, said a top Chinese intensive care doctor who’s been treating critically ill patients since mid-January.

Ensorcell

Oct 27, 2017
My company announced that ALL activities outside of our job responsibility are cancelled until further notice , which includes a lot of the charity work we do. :(

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
So if someone contracts the virus, is treated and is fine afterwards are they no longer at risk? Or how does it work?

DukeBlueBall

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
Top Coronavirus Doctor in Wuhan Says High Blood Pressure is Major Death Risk

www.bloomberg.com

Top Coronavirus Doctor in Wuhan Says High Blood Pressure Is Major Death Risk

Patients with hypertension appear to be at a higher risk of dying from the coronavirus, said a top Chinese intensive care doctor who’s been treating critically ill patients since mid-January.

Oh man. The US elderly population is going to be devastated.

So if someone contracts the virus, is treated and is fine afterwards are they no longer at risk? Or how does it work?

You gain immunity because your immune system remembers the virus.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
www.repubblica.it

Coronavirus, l'Italia diventa "zona protetta": spostamenti vietati se non per comprovate necessità. Conte: "Non c'è più tempo"

Il premier: "Servono provvedimenti più duri". Scuole chiuse fino al 3 aprile, stop alla serie A, locali chiusi alle 18. La Protezione Civile d…

The Italian government is going to cancel any difference between regions.
There won't be any more red, yellow, green regions.
All the rules will be valid for all Italy.

In few minutes (around 5) Conte will announced it.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A press conference of Conte has just been announced in Italy.
Will new countermeasures be already announced, only 48 hours after the last decree?

According to La Repubblica a progressive implementation of the measures used in the Northern regions will be extended to the entire country. Holy shit.

EDIT: Beaten.

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what state in the US is the least affected so far?

PA only has 7 confirmed cases. 6 are mild. 1 person in critical condition. All cases are in the eastern part of the state.
NC supposedly still has only 2 cases. Both were announced last week, no new cases have been announced since. I highly doubt this is the case; I think they don't have enough test kits to actually test people.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
According to La Repubblica a progressive implementation of the measures used in the Northern regions will be extended to the entire country. Holy shit.

EDIT: Beaten.

The situation is becoming hell in Norther Italy's regions.
If the same happen to Southern italy, with less resources, it would be worse than hell.

Nov 7, 2017

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Spain definetly entering a stronger mode of 'contention'. The virus is oficially out of control in Madrid and Vitoria.

I think is a matter of time it spreads wildly all over the country.