• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
So this is being kept hush hush, (so I have no sources, so believe it if you want)

so I work at a McDonalds and I just had a conversation with the managerhere in Australia a McDonalds has been shut down and all workers have been quarantined because a customer infected one of the staff.

what happened is a customer gave a travel mug to a staff member for a coffee, the mug was infected with the virus. McDonalds head office had stopped all travel mug sales nation wide because of this.

head office is likely keeping a lid on this because if word got out that a store was infected it would cause people to stop going to Maccas.

I could believe this, I remember reading Starbucks was refusing handling travel mugs out of similar concern.

Kikujiro

Oct 27, 2017
Italian here, we need to shut down the entire country for at least a two weeks, the faster you stop the spreading the faster you can start to recover, all these half-assed measures are only delaying the problem. What's the plan here, wait for the summer? The economy is already in shambles, most of the places are closed. According to some prediction other areas are going to see a spike just as Northern Italy.

Garchia3.0

Dec 20, 2018
(Edit: This article is 5 days old, so yeah, old news.)

Coronavirus: 'recovered' patient dies as China reports discharged cases falling ill again
  • A 36-year-old man has died in Wuhan from respiratory failure days after being discharged from hospital
  • Latest data from the mainland shows most new infections continue to occur at epidemic's epicentre
The Paper also reported that Fangcang Hospital – one of Wuhan's makeshift facilities – issued an emergency notice on Wednesday that said more discharged patients had been readmitted after falling ill again. The hospital will begin conducting antibody tests on all patients before discharge from Thursday, to ensure they are fully recovered.

www.scmp.com

‘Recovered’ Covid-19 patient dies as China reports more repeat cases

A 36-year-old man has died in Wuhan from respiratory failure days after being discharged from hospital.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
That's from last week.

Also I think it was discussed already in the thread.

Edit: I remember discussion that it was unknown if he was re-infected or simply had a relapse.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Coronavirus: 'recovered' patient dies as China reports discharged cases falling ill again

www.scmp.com

‘Recovered’ Covid-19 patient dies as China reports more repeat cases

A 36-year-old man has died in Wuhan from respiratory failure days after being discharged from hospital.

This is not good on the face of it, but it doesn't specify if they fell ill from Corona or just succumbed to pre-existing conditions. Or if Corona made them more susceptible to illness as they recovered.

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
French Minister of culture Franck riester has it. He said that he'll stay confined in his Paris appartement.
Rather young, so shouldn't be an issue.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Probably lttp but what the hell is wrong with these people?

The responses to this thread have me cracking up.

Perzeval

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
So SVT news said that they'll have new information about incubation time at 23:00. Anyone heard any news regarding incubation time? I know Wuhan increased their recommendation to 28 days recently.

hoserx

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
According to Q-nuts, Collins, et al are sheltering in place due to the "oncoming Storm". I shit you not.
Got to love it that congress is pretty much -

50jAG6G.gif

Do your job assholes, you are well paid and have amazing health insurance.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I talked to my boss todsy about postponing my vacation hours I booked off, aaaaand turns out he's one of those "nobody talks about how the flu kills x amount of ppl a years, and there's only (insert low, incorrect number) infected and (insert low, incorrect number) that have died from this".

I... didn't get into that. I'm sandwiched between that and my parents freaking out on me not having a stockpile of supplies :x

JetBlackPanda

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Echo Base
I talked to my boss todsy about postponing my vacation hours I booked off, aaaaand turns out he's one of those "nobody talks about how the flu kills x amount of ppl a years, and there's only (insert low, incorrect number) infected and (insert low, incorrect number) that have died from this".

I... didn't get into that. I'm sandwiched between that and my parents freaking out on me not having a stockpile of supplies :x

I tried typing a response to this like three times and had to delete it. I am dealing with the same thing at my work from some people and its driving my FUCKING crazy.

Venatio

Oct 25, 2017

There's a lot of people like this, unfortunately. They're the kind of people that will assert that there's nothing to worry about right up until the point that it's too late.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017

My family is like this as well. Best retort I came up with on the spot was to ask them whether they thought China would nuke their economy like that if it was such an innocuous illness. Sometimes you have to fight simple with simple 🤡

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I saw a screenshot of a chart circulating yesterday that seemed to say that not a single person under the age of 10 has died from this. Can anyone say whether that's accurate or not?

ZW33

Oct 25, 2017
Another 4 deaths in Washington state, bringing the total to 22. Three in King county and one in Grant county. Plus 33 more confirmed cases in King county:

twitter.com

KOMO News on Twitter

“JUST IN: Another three deaths were reported in King County Monday afternoon, bringing the statewide death toll due to the COVID-19 outbreak to at least 22. https://t.co/k5dstxET2d”

I know many of them are linked to the Kirkland lifecare facility, but it's still so horrible to see so many deaths in Washington already, compared to 4 deaths total in all 49 other states combined.

And for me personally, it doesn't help that I only live about 30 minutes from Kirkland.

Last edited:

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
So last week one of my coworkers was out for 2 days, then came back on Friday to host a goodbye party, and now is out again today and a second coworker is out today. Both have a dry cough.

I have spent weeks trying to prepare the 7 people who work here and then this happens. I hope to god it's just a cold or flu but I am so angry and anxious right now. Thankfully I didn't touch any of the food or plates or deserts prepared for the party and I tried to spend as little time in the same room as possible. My girlfriend and I both have preexisting conditions too. Trying to keep calm so I don't manifest symptoms out of anxiety but god damn it.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder what state in the US is the least affected so far?

PA only has 7 confirmed cases. 6 are mild. 1 person in critical condition. All cases are in the eastern part of the state.

Daimon

Chief Editor at ZWAME
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
There are now 39 confirmed cases in Portugal and 339 suspected cases awaiting tests results.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Japan is going to pay around $80 per person a day for parents to stay off work.

www3.nhk.or.jp

Govt. announces income compensation plan | NHK WORLD-JAPAN News

Japan's government says it will pay up to about 80 dollars per person per day to businesses as income compensation for parents taking leave from work in response to temporary school closures that began nationwide.

Somehow I don't think America will do the same.
Bond yields are negative, the US has free fucking money and can totally do that shit, easily. Not to mention that we tested a lot of theories about what deficits do and don't do in the last 3 years.
I'll bet you we'll do a tax cuts though.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017

My state (Madrid) on Spain will close every educative center after the cases almost triplicated today compared to yesterday.

Deleted member 30681

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Japan is going to pay around $80 per person a day for parents to stay off work.

www3.nhk.or.jp

Govt. announces income compensation plan | NHK WORLD-JAPAN News

Japan's government says it will pay up to about 80 dollars per person per day to businesses as income compensation for parents taking leave from work in response to temporary school closures that began nationwide.

Somehow I don't think America will do the same.
America: Pick yourself up by your bootstraps and hope the bootstraps haven't been infected with the virus

Venatio

Oct 25, 2017
Bond yields are negative, the US has free fucking money and can totally do that shit, easily. Not to mention that we tested a lot of theories about what deficits do and don't do in the last 3 years.
I'll bet you we'll do a tax cuts though.

I sincerely doubt we'll ever offer paid sick leave on a nationwide scale.

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It's getting serious in Spain. Let's see how the people/government react