• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fatmanp

Oct 27, 2017
Over 70% of the people tested positive so far in Germany were between 20-50 years old.

(Source: same press conference again).

Holy fuck completely different picture. They suggested the numbers are so much different in Italy because they mostly test older people, not the younger population.
Apparently they have zero recorded deaths which seems to fit the narrative that its mainly people 60+ with/or underlying health concerns who have a higher chance of death.

ArcGIS Dashboards

ArcGIS Dashboards

Honome

Jan 10, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
Over 70% of the people tested positive so far in Germany were between 20-50 years old. The median is currently 40 years old!

Holy fuck completely different picture. They suggested the numbers are so much different in Italy because they mostly test older people, not the younger population.

Well, that explains why there's still no deaths in Germany.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Over 70% of the people tested positive so far in Germany were between 20-50 years old. The median is currently 40 years old!

So basically in Italy young people are going around infecting old people.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
While I don't believe in prepping, a number of my coworkers are downplaying necessary precautions because they are buying into the "it's no big deal—it's just a seasonal flu" narrative that has been prevalent in US news cycles.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
While I don't believe in prepping, a number of my coworkers are downplaying necessary precautions because they are buying into the "it's no big deal—it's just a seasonal flu" narrative that has been prevalent in US news cycles.
We get US news channels and their affiliates up here in Canada and it's not prevalent to call it the seasonal flu

You have a subset of smartasss like Elon going around saying it's no big deal.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada

Horns

Dec 7, 2018
I ran a marathon in CA today, along with 27,000 other sweaty people.

I guess I will know my fate in 14 days.

Congrats on the marathon. It was in the back of my mind the entire time I ran. All those water cups handed out by hundreds of volunteers. Still ran my fastest one yet. Let's hope neither of us become a stat.

Saya

Oct 25, 2017

—>> "According to estimates from the US Department of Health and Human Services...even with a moderate outbreak, 200,000 people in the United States will need intensive care. The United States has less than 100,000 ICU beds." -

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
We get US news channels and their affiliates up here in Canada and it's not prevalent to call it the seasonal flu

You have a subset of smartasss like Elon going around saying it's no big deal.

Seriously. Maybe that's the narrative on Fox News but I'm not seeing it anywhere else. Good Morning America is pretty much devoting 90% of it's run time to the virus, same with news websites, etc. And almost none of it is saying it's not that bad. This thing has pretty much shoved the democratic primary way into the background.

SpotAnime

Dec 11, 2017
Many many people will be out of a job when this virus wrecks the global economy

I'm no financial analyst either, but I have a strong feeling this will be a V-shaped recovery. All the underlying conditions were strong prior to the virus outbreak, so once the mortality rates drop/stabilize or new cases start to plateau, folks will be out and about conducting business as usual.

This isn't an instance like 2007 when the housing market crashed and nearly took all of the banks with it.

Nintenleo

Nov 9, 2017
Italy
So basically in Italy young people are going around infecting old people.

Pretty much. Here in Italy people under 40 seem to not care a bit about this. Their selfishness is crazy.

To be fair, I'm in contact with two doctors in Milan and they said that they found some very severe cases of pneumonia even in people in their 20, though more than 90% of the patients in ICU are over 60. Still, this virus can fuck anybody. Some people still don't understand that even a young healthy man could be involved in something like a car crash and die because of no ICU beds. Media should really focus less on the speculations about mortality rate and more on the actual problems of this pandemic.

plow

Oct 28, 2017

Could you pls linke me where he said this? Not able to find it:

www.youtube.com

Pressekonferenz des Bundesgesundheitsministeriums zur Ausbreitung des Coronavirus

Pressekonferenz des Bundesgesundheitsministeriums, u.a. mit Bundesgesundheitsminister Jens Spahn, Prof. Christian Drosten, Direktor Institut für Virologie, C...

Perzeval

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
At least one person in Stockholm with no apparent connections to risk zones or infected people has been found with the corona virus. This is believed to be Swedens first community transmission.

Deleted member 34788

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 29, 2017
The uk has tested more people than the us has done so far,in a single day. The result itself was on the lower end.

WTAF

Everill

Banned
Dec 2, 2018
So how does this happen?
I would assume that since the symptoms can be quite mild, some people don't stay home after their travels or they got close to someone/touched something from a person that was traveling home from their out of country visit during public transportation or whatnot.
think I read that the first cases in germany came from someone who was mainly tired and had muscle ache?

Naru

May 11, 2019
They still expect 60% or more of the people in Germany to get infected. Also a doubling of the cases every 6-7 days.

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of beds, are there still not hospitals in the US reporting significantly increased numbers of "mysterious" viral pneumonia cases? That would be very odd considering it's probable that this virus has been here for a couple of months already.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
It's fucking awful, but it amuses me that Trump thinks lying to a virus will help. He is so delusional

Jonathan Lanza

"I've made a Gigantic mistake"
Feb 8, 2019
Gotten sick and just wondering who to call if I feel worse. I'm in Ontario Canada for reference.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People are fucking dying and he's still playing games.

I really, really hope people pull their heads out of the sand and vote for whichever Dem candidate wins ultimately. If people didn't care about the Russia affair, how he treats migrants, women, etc. because it doesn't touch them directly, they should just look at his priorities when there's an outbreak. The look of it, not the fact people are dying.

maabus1999

Oct 26, 2017
Why would they need 200.000 beds if they're not going to use them all? it makes no sense.
They didn't say that? They said 200,000 people will need intensive care for a moderate outbreak. That is a total.

Now if you have a severe outbreak, where there can be millions infected at the same time, then you would need 200,000 beds.

Again though, we don't need these numbers to overwhelm the system which will happen at a much lower total, especially since ICU normally has patients for other reasons.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia

giphy.gif

Juturna

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Welp, it's hit the school I work in...

"Good morning this is Superintendent of schools Gerard Pool with a very important message. This morning I was informed that a staff member his spouse was has been diagnosed with a Corona virus. The staff member has been sent home as a result we will be closing all buildings today March 9 Monday March 9 will be closing all schools today. Students that are on the bus at the high school or at the Middle School. The buses they will remain on the bus and those students will be turned around and sent back home to the bus company. I will certainly update you as soon as I have additional information. Thank you."

Not psyched.