• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
Haha. Oh yeah! I noticed people bought all the normal pasta and left the wholewheat pasta. Same for rice. No white rice, lots of brown.
This actually forced me to get the most expensive Basmati rice, instead of the cheap one I usually get.
Man, if you're going to stock up on rice and pasta, get some variety!
I got chickpea noodles, green pea noodles, red lentil noodles and two types of normal noodles.
And I'm not even preparing for anything, I just like to have the choice.

lunchtoast

Oct 26, 2017
Work is at "level 3" since we're now seeing cases nearby in northern VA. They've installed infrared cameras in the lobbies for temperature screening, and encouraged to work from home if possible, and large gatherings greater than 50 people have been canceled.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Wow. My local shop in the village actually has both antibacterial gel and wash and it's on offer too. I'm going to be honest, I was half tempted to by a few, but I'm good for both at the moment so my judgement left them in hopes someone more vunerable will get them.

MasterChumly

Oct 25, 2017
wwwnc.cdc.gov

COVID-19 in 2 Persons with Mild Upper Respiratory Tract Symptoms on a Cruise Ship, Japan

COVID-19 in Persons with Mild Respiratory Tract Symptoms

According to this study of the Diamond Princess ship with 6 deaths and 705 cases, 392 cases were asymptomatic. Interestingly, these asymptomatic cases include 101 in the 60-69 range and 139 in 70-79, not just the young.

Average age on board the ship was 58.

This study estimates the infection fatality ratio in China to be 0.5%.
That study is already outdated. There has been 8 deaths on the diamon princess and there are still 30+ in serious condition

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
There's just absolute silence from Maryland about further testing after the 3 cases announced last week. One person went to an event at a retirement home and exposed up to 100 people. There is no way this hasn't spread, but no one appears to be doing shit about it.
At least Whole Foods was being proactive and disinfecting the self-checkout stations after every use.

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
Wow. My local shop in the village actually has both antibacterial gel and wash and it's on offer too. I'm going to be honest, I was half tempted to by a few, but I'm good for both at the moment so my judgement left them in hopes someone more vunerable will get them.

By using this you'll help other people, by not catching it so no transmitting it.

Edit : also as said by others, make sure the thing is effective against viruses too.

Last edited:

Red

Oct 26, 2017
Coronavirus is not caused by bacteria. Make sure the product is effective against the virus.

Seductivpancakes

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
Gonna see my grandmother later today.

I'm kind of afraid I have it and I'll pass it on to my grandmother. I have not felt sick at all, but still got that feeling in the back of my mind,

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow.. unreal just went to Fresh Market and they offered me gloves at the checkout line.

I feel like I'm in the apocalypse

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni

Antibacterial wont help much against a Virus, you need a antiviral item if such a thing exists without a prescription that is.

Seductivpancakes

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
Wow.. unreal just went to Fresh Market and they offered me gloves at the checkout line.

I feel like I'm in the apocalypse
12611.jpg

I very much doubt there will be lines during the apocalypse lol

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Wife is being treated for the flu. We were worried it was coronavirus, but the doctor said she thinks her symptoms are more flu like. Wetter cough, soreness everywhere, mild fever (which broke this morning), and nausea. She's on antibiotics now...We'll see.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
If any of you guys have romantic partners you need to be getting it on. Sex increases your body's production of antibodies boosting your immune system. It also relieves stress and anxiety, which also boosts your immune system. So get busy Era!

This probably explains why I barely get sick. I fuck all day.

Red

Oct 26, 2017
Ah, makes sense.

I have a alcohol based one at work and in the car, I'll have to check.
Soap and water will work best, and you don't need any special kind of soap. It all does the same thing. If you can't wash your hands with soap and water, a 60% or greater alcohol-based sanitizer will do the job.
Wife is being treated for the flu. We were worried it was coronavirus, but the doctor said she thinks her symptoms are more flu like. Wetter cough, soreness everywhere, mild fever (which broke this morning), and nausea. She's on antibiotics now...We'll see.
Antibiotics... for flu? Why?

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
Antibacterial wont help much against a Virus, you need a antiviral item if such a thing exists without a prescription that is.

If the hand sanitizerhas 60-90 percent rubbing alcohol it will actually help. Not all viruses (like sadly noravirus) but since corona is an enveloped virus the alcohol will break its protective casing. Btw, the antibacterial they used to put in hand lotions in soaps has been outlawed for that use for a few years to stop antibacterial resistance so pretty much all hand sanitizers rely on rubbing alcohol.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Again, the flu is a VIRUS. If she is being treated for the flu then antibiotics aren't the way to go.

IggyChooChoo

Oct 25, 2017
The health care system in the Italian region of Lombardy is on the brink of collapse, the head of its crisis response unit has said.

"We're now being forced to set up intensive care treatment in corridors, in operating theatres, in recovery rooms. We've emptied entire hospital sections to make space for seriously sick people," Antonio Pesenti told the Corriere della Sera newspaper.

"One of the best health systems in the world, in Lombardy, is a step away from collapse," he said.
Link to the article.
www.corriere.it

L’allarme in Lombardia: «Stiamo creando terapie intensive anche nei corridoi»

L’allarme del coordinatore dell’Unità di crisi della Regione Lombardia Antonio Pesenti: «Il 26 marzo in lombardia avremo 18 mila malati, 3 mila avranno bisogno di assistenza respiratoria»

Last edited:

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
I think I can see how this virus spreads now. I spent the last week in universal Orlando, had a great time. Place was packed too. But when I left the bathrooms I paid attention to see who would leave without washing their hands. So many people did, gross! Wash your hands people!!

ascii42

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah if its just for surfaces ya.

I've seen people talking about taking antibacterial medications before for viral illnesses so its a bit mind boggling lol. (Unless that helps - not sure, I'm not a medical professional).
It can make sense if you want to prevent yourself from also getting a bacterial infection in your weakened state. Like having the flu can lead to getting pneumonia, for example. But yes, it's pointless for dealing with the viral infection itself.

Oct 25, 2017
35 people in Denmark has it now. 628 are in "quarrentine" but the way it works here is that you're personally responsible for not going out and infecting more people. At least for most people.

Broken Hope

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Still think it's insane that the US isn't testing because they don't want the actual numbers getting out, I'd imagine the US must be in the thousands of infections by now.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
US? If so I swear your doctors hand that shit out for everything. Antibiotics wont do shit for the flu

Nude_Tayne

Jan 8, 2018
earth
This doctor gave her antibiotics when she thinks she has the influenza virus?

Secondary bacterial infections from flu is pretty common, like tonsillitis or adenoiditis.
Is it common to prescribe antibiotics for a flu because of this? To prevent pneumonia or something?

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
US? If so I swear your doctors hand that shit out for everything. Antibiotics wont do shit for the flu
This doctor gave her antibiotics when she thinks she has the influenz virus?

Is it common to prescribe antibiotics for a flu because of this? To prevent pneumonia or something?

Read my previous response. They gave her an antiviral for the flu and something to help her coughing. Not antibiotics.

Y'all need to slow down, haha.

Hoo-doo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
flu can be easily tested for. A diagnostic wasn't performed?

A general physician certainly doesn't need to do specific diagnostic tests for a random flu-like illness. It's a huge waste of money. Almost as bad as starting antiviral meds for a flu in non-immunocompromised patients.

But apparently in some countries patients actually demand antimicrobial treatment and they are distributed like candy. Leading to resistance rates that are mindboggling. Makes my head hurt.