• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Good news in Canada, local health agencies and hospitals will be creating designated clinics for coronavirus screening to make sure hospitals remain for emergency use only and prevent spread.

www.cp24.com

COVID-19 clinics to open as doctors call for cases to be kept out of hospitals

Doctors are warning that Canada needs to build capacity to screen for the new coronavirus outside hospitals or risk overwhelming emergency rooms and having the infection spread within their facilities.
The US should be doing this as well.
This is a lesson China learned the hard way from SARS and I hope America don't need to re-learn it.

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
I went to Walgreens and the shelves look like a hurricane is coming. And there hasn't been a case confirmed in Puerto Rico so far.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I mean we also learned this from SARS. Toronto was hit hard.
Forgot about that.
And quickly reading about it it seems you had similar problems with hospital infections.

In the US with its dumb system of insurance networks is going to make that shit harder to work, but we better start getting on top things.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Forgot about that.
And quickly reading about it it seems you had similar problems with hospital infections.

In the US with its dumb system of insurance networks is going to make that shit harder to work, but we better start getting on top things.

Yup, when it hit, no one had any clue what to do. Hospitals became infection hotzones and overrun, nurses refused to work due to the unknown nature of the virus, everyone in contact with a case had to do a two week quarantine (mandatory). We were on no travel lists for months, and our tourism/economy collapsed. Fun times.

All the protocols you see now in Canada is from SARS, and learning how to isolate and self-quarantine if you have mild symptoms.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Trump may be right, but he doesn't understand that the real dangers derived from this pandemic have never been the mortality rate. The problem is the potential collapse of the health system because the virus spread super fast and can be spreaded even by people with symptoms so minor they don't even know they're infected.
This is what happenend in Wuhan some weeks ago and what's happening in Italy now.
Exactly.

Trump and everyone who keep downplaying and mentioning the low mortality rate.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Good news in Canada, local health agencies and hospitals will be creating designated clinics for coronavirus screening to make sure hospitals remain for emergency use only and prevent spread.

www.cp24.com

Doctors are warning that Canada needs to build capacity to screen for the new coronavirus outside hospitals or risk overwhelming emergency rooms and having the infection spread within their facilities.
Good. The last thing we need is this needlessly spreading to vulnerable patients in hospitals.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
19 cases in Brazil, 2 in my state.

Also it's summer here and is hot af right now, so hopes of this dying due to no transmission on the heat are probably unfounded.

I'm bracing myself for it, but am mostly worried about my parents, who are elderly and stubborn and won't stay home, and my husband, who has high blood pressure.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017

www.cp24.com

I am glad to see this.

MisterSnrub

Mar 10, 2018
Someplace Far Away
Wonder how panicked Trump is.
Trump tests positive for coronavirus would be an early contender/likely winner for headline of the year. Then again Trump could come out green and foaming at the mouth and the Whitehouse doctor would still argue the case he is an Olympian

Personally I'm feeling very conflicted right now. I'm living in NE India right now with my SO. There are 34 confirmed cases in India (a country of over one billion) although none in the northeast as of yet. I'm supposed to be returning to the UK (where the first case in my home county has just been confirmed) in early May but am considering an early return out of concern for my family (several family members work in hospitals/care facilities) and the possibility of a proper outbreak where I'm staying rendering travel very difficult. Feels like the longer I wait, the worse the situation is likely to become.

Naturally I feel a lot of pressure to stay as traveling halfway across the planet is challenging at the best of times, and there is somebody here I love quite dearly. The virus situation is also, rather surprisingly, rather limited and under control here so my personal safety might actually be better here, although who knows what will happen in the coming weeks

Fuck would you do, era?

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
People are fucking crazy. Just saw a guy at Walmart have an entire shopping car full of milk. He must have had 30 gallons full of milk in his cart and was still taking more out of the shelves.

could be a convenience store owner or something

they sometimes source from larger chains instead of directly from the producer as a lot of milk is sold at a loss

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Also it's summer here and is hot af right now, so hopes of this dying due to no transmission on the heat are probably unfounded.

I'm bracing myself for it, but am mostly worried about my parents, who are elderly and stubborn and won't stay home, and my husband, who has high blood pressure.

How high BP? Is he on meds?

EN1GMA

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017

The summer doesn't kill the cold but it does seem to slow it down somewhat.

I guess it's too early to tell how much of an impact (if any) it will have on this.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Having high blood pressure can make it worse? I take a pill everyday for it. Guess its beneficial I'm kind of a recluse(work from home).

Oct 25, 2017
Trump has the best health. On par with a 20 year old athlete.
795f99677ae711e96eb8bd837f6feaaf.gif

Oct 26, 2017
also heard rumblings, but not confirmed.
that someone in at the cleveland clinic has the virus.

* but theres no testing in ohio atm.

so great job ohio

ReactionShot

Oct 25, 2017
367 new cases in South Korea (in the past 24 hrs, including the cases in the earlier half day report), 7134 cases + 50 deaths (0.7%) in total.

someday

Oct 25, 2017
No i understand that, don't worry. I rather use toilet paper as well. And as man i also use toilet paper after a pee. But for us men it's easier. That's true. I totally understand that. The big thing is pooping though, isn't it? For us both. And we'll have to be creative. I mean, toilet paper didn't really become a normal thing before the 1900's. So yeah, a cloth that we wash... Probably better than paper anyway. More work for sure. I's inconvenient but something that we should all be well capable of dealing with. I've been on survival trips without bathrooms and and toiletpaper and it's not ideal but doable. We (us humans) came this far (1920-ish) without toiletpaper.

Side-note: We don't have bidets here either. I do want one. Actually, i don't really even LIKE toiletpaper that much, come to think of it. It's pretty rough, even when it's the soft type (+ it's basically smearing...). So a bidet would be welcome in my home. we just renovated the bathroom but maybe i can talk my girlfriend into buying one in the future.

But fair enough, we have slightly different bathroom habits.
Of course, at some point if it gets bad we'll all have to be creative. We aren't there yet though and if I have a choice, I'll use tp. I've been camping as well and I can survive, but if I'm still living in my home with running water, I'd prefer to wipe my vajajay after peeing. I mostly posted because the board is mostly men who use tp once a day apparently, acting like no one else has different realities.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Well we have reached the 6 hr mk and we got the update we're still waiting for results. Not a good or a bad thing just beauracy. What sucks if they declared this after half of the checked baggage had left the ship

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
Remember how China was reporting cases and articles were coming out that the height would be like two weeks away? I'm assuming the bracing is two weeks from now in the u.s?

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017

I understood like none of the words in the thread they're quoting, but that's good news.

The good thing about milk is that it never spoils.

Best news

If we can contain individual epidemics there will be less people to infect over time so it can burn out, the US is the most concerning place though.

ultracal31

Oct 25, 2017
Well if Trump we're taking this seriously and not telling the nation it's a hoax, I'd feel a little bad. Let's see if he thinks it's a hoax now.

Based on past behavior he'll just triple down on it being a "hoax" and never acknowledge it even if he got sick from it

Heck he'll probably blame Obama again

lowmelody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have 101 fever, dry cough that wont stop and my shoulders and thighs are sore as hell like I just got done exercising. No runny nose. I can hear my wet breathing first thing when I wake up from one of the dozen sleeps I've had in last 24 hours. No insurance. Yikes lol

Jun 12, 2018
I have 101 fever, dry cough that wont stop and my shoulders and thighs are sore as hell like I just got done exercising. No runny nose. I can hear my wet breathing first thing when I wake up from one of the dozen sleeps I've had in last 24 hours. No insurance. Yikes lol

Probably just coming down with a cold or flu. The amount of ppl walking round with these two things in london is massive, and this is before the corona thing really started to take off. If you feel worried, get it checked

Mar 29, 2018
That sounds like Corona man. Don't worry. Just keep hydrated and isolate. Call your GP and stuff.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York