• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

vegtro

Oct 25, 2017
Wow I was just at Costco again (shocking I know) because I needed new wiper blades. Place was fucking nuts. There was a literal mob of people waiting to get in, stretching all the way back to the parking lot.
If you have a business Costco, go there. Many people think you need a special membership, but you don't.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like they ain't letting us get any of the Kirkland toilet paper. They only have one available and its third party. They are holding back what the people want.

EDIT: Lol, not showing up anymore. People love the TP.

Wipe your ass on cinnamon swirls instead. Or some artificial grass.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
My state is so fuckin' short-sighted. They don't want to crash the economy by scaring tourists as we head into beach season

www.sun-sentinel.com

Federal rules changed to allow more testing for coronavirus. Florida isn’t going to follow them.

Florida will not follow new national guidelines that allow doctors to order tests for anybody they suspect of having the new coronavirus, according to health care providers briefed on the state&#82…

That's sounds like the Plot for Jaws...

Oct 27, 2017
Rotherham, England
A case has been confirmed at a primary school about five miles away from where I live in the north of England. Just thinking about the sheer number of unknown/unconfirmed cases is pretty scary. It must be orders of magnitude higher than the official figures.

StorzOO

Oct 28, 2017
If you have a business Costco, go there. Many people think you need a special membership, but you don't.
Business center is no better, I was just at San Diego Costco business center yesterday, it's just crazy to see so many people and cars there on a weekday. All the shopping carts are gone, I had to walk around to the other side to get a cart. Inside, there are no TP left, only 1 kind rice and just a few bags left on the pallet (are people really buying that much rice? Normally I see pallets of different kind rice there), only some pallets of water left when I went there at noon.

coldzone24

Oct 27, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Cases in the Netherlands literally more than doubled today to 82. It's been spreading like crazy here. I ride the train everyday so I've already accepted that there is a real good chance I get it, but I'm more curious as to when we finally get the WFH order. I'm guessing sometime next week depending on how the weekend goes.

vegtro

Oct 25, 2017
Business center is no better, I was just at San Diego Costco business center yesterday, it's just crazy to see so many people and cars there on a weekday. All the shopping carts are gone, I had to walk around to the other side to get a cart. Inside, there are no TP left, only 1 kind rice and just a few bags left on the pallet (are people really buying that much rice? Normally I see pallets of different kind rice there), only some pallets of water left when I went there at noon.
That sucks.

Lakitu

Dec 8, 2017
Ive been looking online and in shops in England for hand sanitizer (1 bottle for me and 2 for my family) but everywhere is completely out of stock.

Seriously fuck people who bought them in bulk and fuck the people who are trying to make a profit even more.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ironic how Vegas' first reported case is from a local visiting somewhere else. I'm mostly just surprised it took them this long though.

Also of course they finally get their first case the day after I book a trip for this weekend.

Not judging you, but do you have a great health care plan or something?

With what we know so far, I am surprised to still see people booking flights.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
The number of people currently infected with coronavirus in Washington state increased to 60. The number of deaths linked to the virus remains at 10.

As of Thursday morning, health officials say there are now 13 confirmed cases of coronavirus in Snohomish County, two probable cases, and more than 30 cases awaiting test results.

www.king5.com

Coronavirus in Washington state: Updates from March 2-8, 2020

Facts not fear: Find updates on the coronavirus outbreak in Washington state from March 2-8, 2020.

I didn't see this get posted

MLB_Animator

Lead Animator, MLB The Show
Verified
Oct 27, 2017

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
I live in a pretty small town and my mom got some groceries with walmart pickup and she said that people were getting like 700-800 dollar food orders. Don't these people realize they are creating the shortages? I've got enough friends who hunt that I could hit them up for meat if I needed thankfully. I was just going to buy a few extra cans of tuna and stuff incase i needed a few days of lunch or whatever as I usually don't buy too much extra.

Deleted member 34788

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Ive been looking online and in shops in England for hand sanitizer (1 bottle for me and 2 for my family) but everywhere is completely out of stock.

Seriously fuck people who bought them in bulk and fuck the people who are trying to make a profit even more.

If you can, make it yourself.

Failing that, go to the local, smaller conershops as such, they should low key have plenty.

Failing that, plenty of soap and handwash still about. Not as convenient as sanitizer no, but will kill this thing.

Deleted member 21709

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If you can, make it yourself.

Failing that, go to the local, smaller conershops as such, they should low key have plenty.

Failing that, plenty of soap and handwash still about. Not as convenient as sanitizer no, but will kill this thing.

www.cnn.com

Don't try to make your own hand sanitizer just because there's a shortage from coronavirus | CNN

Recipes for DIY hand sanitizer are popping all over the internet. But experts are wary and even caution against the idea.

Dec 7, 2018
I'm italian and the disastrous numbers are no surprise to me or to anyone that has seen my previous posts here.

The government with his laughable containment measures has showed once again that they are completely ignorant and incompetent, the daily numbers are just a result of that.

I mean we are facing a virus that probably will change the economy and how people live all around the world, and as of yesterday they were still unsure whether to close off schools for 10 days or not, and let 8 football matches of the 2nd league play off normally with open stadium....2 days ago!!

I'll be as crude as possible, I don't see how the numbers will prove until a politician or a young person dies, then, maybe, they'll start enforcing things that should have been enforced from day 1.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm italian and the disastrous numbers are no surprise to me or to anyone that has seen my previous posts here.

The government with his laughable containment measures has showed once again that they are completely ignorant and incompetent, the daily numbers are just a result of that.

I mean we are facing a virus that probably will change the economy and how people live all around the world, and as of yesterday they were still unsure whether to close off schools for 10 days or not, and let 8 football matches of the 2nd league play off normally with open stadium....2 days ago!!

I'll be as crude as possible, I don't see how the numbers will prove until a politician or a young person dies, then, maybe, they'll start enforcing things that should have been enforced from day 1.
This is gonna be the USA because of our testing capacity issues and politics has already infested everything. I mean fucking Florida deciding they arent gonna expand testing when doing it now is the only thing that could stop widespread contagion. Half our state is old people.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
I hope people arent using hand sanitizer as a replacement for washing their hands. I have a tiny bottle and it should last months, even in this Covid situation. Washing with soap and using proper technique is the best method.

SOBOSLDR

Nov 27, 2017
This seems to be uncontrollable in the west. Without the dystopian measures China and to some extent Korea have done this thing is unstoppable. Governments and the population in these countries will not play by those rules.

I also see a huge spike in Chinese racism coming from this. When people see those they love start dying how can they not think about blaming the starting source. Add in the fact that the global economy will take a beating, as well. I only hope this doesn't end up leading into global conflict.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Pooping at work is just a sound financial decision all around.
Zgx7iA7.gif

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017

The government is also doing pretty much nothing about the economy fallout. We are talking about 25 - 35 billions of damage and they think 5-7 will be enough to sustain the economy. All of this because of the ( amazing ) EU rules and policies.

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
This seems to be uncontrollable in the west. Without the dystopian measures China and to some extent Korea have done this thing is unstoppable. Governments and the population in these countries will not play by those rules.

The mere suggestion of being proactive and implementing or even planning for the mildest amounts of social isolation has been *strenuously* resisted in the West. I basically don't even try to convince people anymore. There's no point.

Typhon

Oct 25, 2017
The mere suggestion of being proactive and implementing or even planning for the mildest amounts of social isolation has been *strenuously* resisted in the West. I basically don't even try to convince people anymore. There's no point.

I'm not a "merica" type but I don't think we should be taking tips from the Chinese government. Especially with Trump in office.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The US government has the power to do everything that China did and more, people might try to sue them, but I doubt they will win. America had put its citizens under full curfew many times, for emergencies that are way less urgent that this.
Also, I am not sure which of the measure they do in Asia you consider dystopian, but the US is not even doing temperature checks in public places and we still don't have designated fever clinics that test every person with flu like symptoms.

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not a "merica" type but I don't think we should be taking tips from the Chinese government. Especially with Trump in office.

I'm not saying you need shock troops to weld people into their apartments. I'm talking about the reaction you'll get from people if you suggest maybe they reschedule their trip to Seattle, or maybe think about skipping the street fair or the mall for a bit.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
There is a lot to learn from the way China is handling this, we're not gonna contract communism if we try to learn from what work and what doesn't in other countries.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
On Monday our office HR update was 'it's fine to come in to the office, but if you're concerned talk to your line manager and we'll try and accommodate working from home'. Also 'don't travel to Italy (parent company)'.

today the update is 'please work from home until end of next week - unless you need to be in the office.'

Ensorcell

Oct 27, 2017

You can make your own with aloe vera gel and rubbing alcohol, just make sure the rubbing alcohol is at least 60%.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
All non-essential travel was just canceled at my company. I was supposed to be at a conference at the end of the month.