• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MasterChumly

Oct 25, 2017
Never heard of them before this thread either (well, the other COVID-19 thread to be exact).
As far as I can tell they don't do actual reporting and just aggregate from other sources which they don't usually link to, but I have not noticed them posting bullshit or anything.
I am not a huge fan, but people in this thread seem to love them.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
They source everything which is why it's easy to trust them

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/downtown-miami/article240878956.html

The 2020 Ultra Music Festival will be postponed — possibly for a full year, which would effectively cancel this year's edition of Miami's marquee electronic dance music event, the Miami Herald has learned.

The decision to postpone, which sent shock waves through the electronic dance music community on social media, was made in a meeting Wednesday morning between Miami's elected leaders and Ultra representatives, according to multiple sources familiar with the matter. Before the meeting, Mayor Francis Suarez and Commissioner Joe Carollo told reporters they wanted to postpone the event due to concerns over the spread of novel coronavirus, or COVID-19.

City officials have yet to announce details of the change because attorneys are ironing out the legal issues tied to the decision, including the length of the delay, sources said.

Looks like they cancelled Ultra in Miami so that's the first causality of festival season

everyer

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
creators.yahoo.co.jp

街中で体温検査 「新規感染者ゼロの街」新型コロナ封じ込め徹底する中国・南京を歩く(竹内亮) - エキスパート - Yahoo!ニュース

新型コロナウイルスの感染者が中国全土に広がる中、2月19日〜3月2日まで「12日間連続で新規感染者ゼロ」を実現した都市がある。それが、筆者が住む江蘇省南京市だ。南京市は中国東部に位置する江蘇省の省都で

This is a Japanese director who lives in Nanjing, Jiangsu, China. He made a trailer about the daily life of citizens at this moment. This represents most China cities except Hubei. In Hubei we have more volunteers and officers to support the infected families.

If you challenge the data is real or not. Check this video, you will understand.

Because the government encourages more safety areas to back to work. There are also a lot of check points:
1. There is a list that a company should prepare before starts, including no touch thermometer, face masks, disinfectant,etc...
2. The company needs to check every employee's body temperature daily and the community will come and check both the supplies and records.
3. The people come from high risk areas or have families come from high risk areas should take 14 days self quarantine.
4. The government removed tax for all small businesses. Reduce tax for all big businesses for months. And remove the payment for individual social insurance. Some companies pay basic salary for the month if can't work, or 70%. The rate depends on the company.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
So I got a stomach thing on Saturday. I had diarrhea and my stomach felt very bloated. Then that seemed to disappear for bit. And then I started having upper respiratory issues along some stomach. This isn't Coronavirus, right? I feel bad being at work right now. What do you think Dr Internet?

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Never heard of them before this thread either (well, the other COVID-19 thread to be exact).
As far as I can tell they don't do actual reporting and just aggregate from other sources which they don't usually link to, but I have not noticed them posting bullshit or anything.
I am not a huge fan, but people in this thread seem to love them.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If you click their link they almost always source their info on the COVID-19 webpage, they just don't source it in the tweet.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
So I got a stomach thing on Saturday. I had diarrhea and my stomach felt very bloated. Then that seemed to disappear for bit. And then I started having upper respiratory issues along some stomach. This isn't Coronavirus, right? I feel bad being at work right now. What do you think Dr Internet?
Doesn't sound like it to me

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017
well guys - our company just issued a company wide message telling everyone should WFH until further noticed following recent King County Officials recommendation. I work in Downtown Seattle.

never experienced anything like this before

Durkan has the city under civil emergency yesterday and toda King County had a recommendation to make work from home recommended for any business where it was possible. I expect every day will bring new more strict social distancing and self-quarantine measures.

The problem is that public health really doesn't know how bad things really are, and might not know for another week or two. So they have to move on it now or risk a Daegu-style situation.

The manpower needed for the right testing and contact tracing is really large, and we'll need help from the largest employers to do it effectively (who have a strong shared interest in containing the outbreak).

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
The Lake Washington Institute of Technology closed the campus out of an abundance of caution this evening to clean and disinfect after a faculty member tested positive for COVID-19. The campus will remain closed through the weekend, said Dr. Amy Morrison, president of the school.

Several Lake Washington Institute of Technology faculty and staff visited the Life Care Center of Kirkland last week before the coronavirus outbreak at the facility was detected.
www.king5.com

Coronavirus in Washington state: Updates from March 2-8, 2020

Facts not fear: Find updates on the coronavirus outbreak in Washington state from March 2-8, 2020.

Very good

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017

抱歉,出错啦

36yo patient in China who was cleared of the virus died of sudden respiratory failure 5 days after being declared "cured". Article is Chinese, google translated:

On March 4, Ms. Mei from Qiaokou District of Wuhan reported to Peng Mei News (www.thepaper.cn) that her husband, Li Liang, was 36 years old and was diagnosed with new coronary pneumonia. After treatment, she was treated on February 26. Fangcang Hospital was discharged from the hospital, and was isolated at the designated hotel rehabilitation site. On March 2, he suddenly developed symptoms and was certified dead after being sent to the hospital.​

The medical certificate (inferred) of the death issued by the Wuhan Municipal Health and Health Commission provided by Ms. Mei showed that Li Liang's direct cause of death was neo-coronary pneumonia, and the disease or condition that caused the death was sudden death of respiratory tract obstruction and respiratory failure.​
...​

Ms. Mei said that the rehabilitation point where Li Liang was observed in isolation after discharge was at the Vienna Hotel Hanxi Third Road, Qiaokou District, Wuhan. She said that after staying a day or two, her husband said that his mouth was dry and his stomach was a little bloated. On the morning of March 2nd, she had a video chat with her husband again. The husband said that he didn't want to eat, and had no strength in bed. He was standing still, and quickly hung up. Ms. May was so worried that she couldn't get through to her husband again. In a hurry, she called the front desk of the isolated hotel, and the staff at the front desk told her not to worry.​

According to Ms. Mei, Mr. Li answered her video call at more than 10:00 am on March 2nd. At this time, the doctor happened to come to the rounds, and the doctor told her that Mr. Li might be under stress.​

Ms. Mei said that 120 later sent her husband to the nearest hospital, and her husband died at 5: 8 in the afternoon.​

This tracks with some of the findings from China that state that recovered patients still end up with some damage to their lungs. Could be a one off case, but there is still so much we don't know about this disease. Which is why caution and containment/mitigation is necessary.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone

抱歉,出错啦

36yo patient in China who was cleared of the virus died of sudden respiratory failure 5 days after being declared "cured". Article is Chinese, google translated:

This tracks with some of the findings from China that state that recovered patients still end up with some damage to their lungs. Could be a one off case, but there is still so much we don't know about this disease. Which is why caution and containment/mitigation is necessary.

Horrible way to go :/

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Wonder if my workplace will adopt a full WFH policy if it really starts spreading in NJ. They already said people coming from countries like Italy, South Korea, and Iran to not come in for 14 days, work from home, or if you can't work from home the company will give you 14 days paid administrative leave.

It's in Houston now. Knew it.

Impossible not to be.

Think all major cities are going to get cases, like you said, impossible not to.

Tarot Deck

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

抱歉,出错啦

This is really worrying...

tabris

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm wonder if the conference I'm going to next week will be cancelled or not.

Probably about 2000~ people I believe.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Why has the death rate in Washington been so high?
There is barely any testing done at the moment. Only people who are in serious condition and people who show symptoms who have been to a country like China, Iran, Italy etc. or have been in contact with a confirmed COVID-19 patient.

It also infected a nursing home where old people are obviously heavily over-represented.

Blackflag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Oracle conference I was supposed to go to later this month was moved to September.

Just waiting for the RATM concert to get postponed or cancelled. Gonna suck

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Microsoft is saying that all employees of its King County offices (which include the Redmond campuses) should work from home if possible until March 25th, unless it is essential for you to work in the office. Page is loading super slow.

https://news.microsoft.com/2020/03/04/kurt-delbenes-march-4-guidance-to-king-county-employees/

Honestly if your job is spent on a computer most of the day, it's a no brainier to telecommute.

god this thing is really starting to fuck up my mental health. i feel like it's all i can think about it.

Dude, might be time to take some time away from this thread.

Glenn

Oct 27, 2017
I work in an itchy environment.. it feels like torture not being able to touch my face.

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The man asks what is probably the most important question when dealing with the spread of this virus in the USA, and he gets scolded as they walk away.

Quite the government you've got there.

Good news though, we voted down the candidate that would mandate free healthcare for all because someone posted snake emojis on Twitter.