• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
Fuck, it reached my region here in germany (254k people within the region I live in and one is sick apparently) so it's pretty close. Getting kinda scared....
Why though? It's not even the deadliest virus you can catch right now. We already have a confirmed case in Athens, 3 total in Greece, but all of them are doing fine. I'm pretty sure it has already started spreading, I'm fairly certain I'm gonna catch it some point, I just tell myself to stay calm and it will be over eventually.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
My office is closing from Monday until March 15th due to corona precautions.

I can't work from home so basically it's a paid holiday for two weeks.
Wow, I guess that's a pretty big company that can sustain 2 weeks of no productivity.

If it's my office it would be remote work from home.

The man is italian though, so he probably got it in italy
The main issue with dealing with coronavirus is not the origin of the people, but where they're being confirmed with the virus.

If he's in Nigeria while carrying the virus, who knows how many people he has infected before being taken in to the hospital?

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
whereabouts in the uk? Didn't think it was remotely a thing here except very isolated cases? Or do you have satellite companies with people visiting regularly from abroad?
Some of the banks in Central London have told staff to work at home. I work for a very big company on the outskirts of London, and we've had an email saying to take work laptops home in case we suddenly have to work from home too.

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My boss here in Brighton is concerned about optics as much as the virus. He says he won't send us to work from home unless he sees others in the office building doing the same. Which kinda sucks, but I get it. But all it takes is others in the building doing the same and we have a stalemate.

Deleted member 41178

Banned
Mar 18, 2018
whereabouts in the uk? Didn't think it was remotely a thing here except very isolated cases? Or do you have satellite companies with people visiting regularly from abroad?

Bristol, but we've got offices all over the world with staff constantly travelling between offices. That combined with the number of client visits who are also pretty much all over the globe and I can see why they are taking the precaution.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Gotta love trashy tabloids, lol.

4hd1LVe.jpg

In my country, we currently have zero confirmed cases. However, we're in Europe, so local biggest newspaper ran a cover headline "VIRUS IS COMING" on Wednesday morning, set off a panic and ran "People are buying out supermarkets" story the next morning.

So fucking irresponsible to spread FUD like that.

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What I don't get is that Trump is such a noted germaphobe but he doesn't seem too bothered about this. I would've expected him to be shitting bricks and making it his No. 1 priority. Maybe he is in private, idk.

Katonix

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
User Warned: Ignoring Staff Post With Regards to Fearmongering
I think the safest thing to do is going to Islands with low populations like St.Lucia or Falkland Islands. Obviously not everyone has the chance to do so but if you are able to do so you should consider it. I am in fucking NYC atm which is scary. One person with the virus in metro can take the whole state down.

Deleted member 44129

Banned
May 29, 2018
Why don't you run?

Yes diet is the most important part of weight loss, but running is the most efficient way to burn calories.

Even if you aren't losing it to lose weight it's good for your heart.

It's also good for your mental health.

I try to run at least 20 miles a week and I've never felt better. I get outside, time to myself, and just feel so much better after every run.

It turbo charges weight loss if you've moved to a better diet and does make you feel accomplished. Join me!
There's little doubt in my mind that the Olympics will get cancelled. I'm 95% expecting it to be.
I mean .. avoiding Reeperbahn generally is solid advice.

Do you mean a sanitary pad?
Not sure a tampon is what you think it is.

lol. I stand corrected.

Teddy

Oct 26, 2017
One "funny" side effect of all the sanitizers being sold out is that there seems to be a dramatically increase of sold super hard liquor.
When I was at our local supermarket this morning the hardcore stuff was almost gone from the shelves.
5Z0C4or.jpg

This is nothing to drink (well you can but you will probably die after some cups; hence the 80% alcohol) It is mostly (...) used for baking and cooking. This stuff is also completely banned on flights. It is also sold in the US but called "Stroh 160" (160 proof) there btw.

So if you running out of desinfectant; apparently here is your savior. That or our locals are participating in a baking world record attempt.
lol

That's pretty smart, that stuff will kill almost anything.

We had a saying that whenever someone drank that stuff: "If your Strohing, your throwing".

Annatar86

Banned
Jan 16, 2018
Does anyone know more about the death of Elham Sheikhi, an Iranian 20-something futsal athlete who died after contracting CoViD-19? It's being reported in Italy but I can't find absolutely any details anywhere, although Italy's mass media is painting this as "see, healthy young people also die from this!" in a sort of doomsday tone (we already knew young people could die from this)

Reversed

Oct 25, 2017
The 12K deaths estimate for mexico is pretty horrifying to think about it. Don't wanna hear how it is for the rest of bigger countries out there.

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Switzerland has just announced that they won't allow any event with more than 1000 people.
Monday the Fasnacht should start in Basel, people will be rioting.

Mar 29, 2018
Ah, good point, it does look that from what I shared. The reason is because I already had a bunch of meat / frozen veg / protein in the freezer. I can't really fit much more, so didn't stock up further. I just kind of accept that I will have to go out to replenish fresh/frozen veggies and meat when they run out or spoil. I'm at my fridge's limit.

Glad you approve!

Edit: Oh yeah, you did mention canned veggies. Hmm, not usually in my pantry or repertoire. Do you have any recommendations for healthy veggies amenable to canning?
Iirc between red kidney beans and lentils you get all the acids you would normally get from meat and stuff. All the stuff your bod needs. You'll want sweetcorn, carrots and green beans for other nutrients.

Also frozen spinach is a godsend. Stock up on that shit and learn to love it. You'll never feel better. Edit: Durr, canned only. If you can get canned broccoli or spinach, that's your stuff

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Second one in the Netherlands

That was quick. Maybe they saw the news and thought "hey, I vacationed there as well and I also feel sick!"

I don't believe the RIVM's warning previously included that Italian region, so maybe people didn't think anything of it initially.

iamaustrian

Nov 27, 2017
That's pretty smart, that stuff will kill almost anything.

We had a saying that whenever someone drank that stuff: "If your Strohing, your throwing".

Nothing survives Stroh 80.
Where are u from? I never heard that term before.

My granddad used to make 'Jägertee' (Hunter's tea) out of that stuff. Half a cup black tea, half a cup stroh 80.

JCH!

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Tenerife
I think the safest thing to do is going to Islands with low populations like St.Lucia or Falkland Islands. Obviously not everyone has the chance to do so but if you are able to do so you should consider it. I am in fucking NYC atm which is scary. One person with the virus in metro can take the whole state down.

Are you seriously saying it's a good idea for people to move to remote-ass islands over this? I get that it's something we need to keep a close eye on and take reasonable precautions but come on. These kinds of posts don't help anyone.

Last edited:

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017
The virus spread in Italy is strange, it really seems like it has been around for quite some time. Some family friends have been declared positive in the last days, now my father feels a little sick and it's entirely possible that we have it.
I'm more than fine, did some self-quarantine this week but right now you should worry only if you have symptoms. That's what doctors and police said.
Staying at home is just too dangerous for my mental health, I was starting to go outside and reconnect to people and this virus outbreak happened. If one of my family members is positive (not so likely but possible), I'll start wearing a mask.

Rivyn

Oct 26, 2017
Are you seriously saying it's a good idea for people to move to remote-ass islands over this? I get that it's something we need to keep a close eye one and take reasonable precautions but come on. These kinds of posts don't help anyone.

Some people just make it sound like we are approaching this:

4d2b36a44eda36010f99666b11fca5ca.gif

COVID-19 is a very real virus that we need to keep our eyes on but it is not as mankind threatening as some people in this thread are making it out to be.

Saya

Oct 25, 2017

錯誤 - RTHK

錯誤 - RTHK

The Agriculture, Fisheries and Conservation Department (AFCD) said on Friday that a pet dog belonging to a person with the coronavirus has tested "weak positive" for Covid-19.

The AFCD said it received a referral from the Health Department on Wednesday about the animal, and picked it up from a Tai Hang flat and sent it to a facility at the Hong Kong Port of Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao Bridge. It said the dog was tested and nasal and oral cavity samples tested weak positive for the coronavirus.

"The dog does not have any relevant symptoms," the AFCD said.

It said the animal is the only dog in quarantine at the facility and staff are stepping up disinfection of the premises.

The AFCD said it had no evidence that pets could be infected with Covid-19 virus or that they could be a source of infection to people, but advised people with the coronavirus to put their pets in quarantine.

No symptoms, but a dog tested "weak positive"

wideface

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hidamari Apartments
Last night I had a weird sensation on my chest, some light coughing. Today I woke up and no coughing yet, but my body hurts, feeling a bit cold too. Not sure if it's just normal muscle pain. 36.6°C so no fever so far but... I'm quite worried.

Rivyn

Oct 26, 2017
Last night I had a weird sensation on my chest, some light coughing. Today I woke up and no coughing yet, but my body hurts, feeling a bit cold too. Not sure if it's just normal muscle pain. 36.6°C so no fever so far but... I'm quite worried.

There's no harm in just calling your doctor and ask.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Already can't get basic products like hand soap and rice. And just when I was about to run out of rice ugh. It will be interesting to see how supply chains react to this.