• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

bwahhhhh

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
"The 15 will be down to zero in a couple of days"

A couple weeks later when it's 1000:

"It was only 15 people when I put Mike Pence in charge."

oh god these flu comparisons, he can't stop repeating those numbers, he literally did not know the flu killed so many people until earlier today, repeating those numbers like a little kid who learned a new word

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
ok. How is this possible? Did the virus fly over seas and land on this person? I don't believe it. Either the infected individual is not disclosing all points of contact to officials or we have a virus capable of running across open water like sonic the hedgehog. Doubt.

isn't the key 'did not have contact with a confirmed case'

they're worried about the possibility of unconfirmed cases/carriers

dhlt25

Oct 27, 2017
ok. How is this possible? Did the virus fly over seas and land on this person? I don't believe it. Either the infected individual is not disclosing all points of contact to officials or we have a virus capable of running across open water like sonic the hedgehog. Doubt.
I think all it means is that there is more than 1 degree of separation from this guy to the virus

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
They got it from coming in contact with someone who was travelling or came into contact with people who were travelling and those cases weren't confirmed cases. It means there's more infected people out there.

DickGrayson

Alt Account
Jan 30, 2020
One possibility: Community transmission is already underway.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
It's clear he knows nothing about this and is just spreading nonsense about stuff he's heard on TV (Fox).

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
This motherfucker has no FUCKING clue what he's talking about. Must be very comforting for the American people.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I had to stop listening.

The assertion that the recent drop in the stock market was caused by the Democratic debates was just too fucking much.

Reassure your country you fucking orange facist. This is not one of your god damned campaign rallies. How hard would it have been to tell the public that it's a problem and that they have their best people looking at it.

Instead we saw him publicly pass the buck to another man and then go after his political opponents.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Is this sarcasm or are you unable to use a little bit of critical thinking to grasp that the implication is there are infected people who who aren't known and there are secondary cases now spreading?

Goodstyle

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
It's insane that he could just get up there an lie like that. We'll have a vaccine soon? What the fuck is he talking about?

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago

They've tested less than 500 total people in the United States for COVAD-19, out of how many travellers that enter the US every day?

People they didn't test got through and now it's spreading. That's how it works.

Deleted member 48991

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2018
This report (in Japanese) about a person from Osaka getting reinfected seems interesting:

www3.nhk.or.jp

大阪 ツアーガイドの女性 再び陽性に ウイルス増殖か 再感染か | NHKニュース

大阪府は、先月、新型コロナウイルスへの感染が判明したものの、症状が回復し、陰性が確認されていた大阪市の40代の女性が、再…

- As a tour guide, came into contact with visitors from Wuhan in the middle of January
- Tested positive for the virus on January 29th
- Discharged February 1st, diagnosed negative on February 6th and self-quarantined at home
- Throat discomfort and chest pain on February 19th, visited medical institute a few times
- Tested positive (again) on February 26th

Could be that the person got into contact with a carrier again or that the virus was not completely eliminated in the first place. The body might have not produced enough antibodies.

Last edited:

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
As pointed out, this would be the first confirmed case of the disease spreading at the community level (not from someone who has traveled overseas or been in direct contact with a person who traveled overseas) here in the US.

Meaning that it exists in the community, and is being spread among it. Which is something that was bound to happen, but I think is something everyone was trying their best to avoid (or at least delay).

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
This report (in Japanese) about a person from Osaka getting reinfected seems interesting:

www3.nhk.or.jp

大阪 ツアーガイドの女性 再び陽性に ウイルス増殖か 再感染か | NHKニュース

大阪府は、先月、新型コロナウイルスへの感染が判明したものの、症状が回復し、陰性が確認されていた大阪市の40代の女性が、再…

- Visited Wuhan in the middle of January
- Tested positive for the virus on January 29th
- Discharged February 1st, tested negative on February 6th
- Throat discomfort and chest pain on February 19th, visited medical institute a few times
- Tested positive (again) on February 26th

Could be that the person got into contact with a carrier again or that the virus was not completely eliminated in the first place. The body might have not produced enough antibodies.
Very terrifying. Is this the first confirmed case of reinfection? I know there was a possible situation before, but I dont remember if that one was confirmed?

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not too bothered about the tone or rhetoric of the speech because at the end of the day he's of course going to say positive things. I'm more interested in systems and support like the stuff Bernie Tweeted. Like not footing the bill for the vaccine and the general cutting of services. The thought that a vaccine for this would be paywalled is nuts.

key

Nov 7, 2017
I'm supposed to be traveling to NYC in mid-March. Unfortunately, the plane tickets and hotel room are non-refundable. How worried should I be about having to potentially cancel my trip?

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Hey guys, weird thing to say, but could this thread please not be turned into a US politics thread? Was very useful so far to keep up to date on global events and spread of the virus. Sad to see it litered with US politics crap. :)

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
Antibiotics handle infections and this is a virus, so apples and oranges. AI might not be able to help with vaccines or antivirals some day, of course, but nothing is going to be able to replace testing on living people. You can't digitize a human being. Bacteria are generally more predictable.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Favorite moment;

"You know Ebola, you disintegrate, you're done. By the way, we are working on Ebola now, bunch of us, its in the congo and stuff cause war"

*woman behind him looks at the other guy and screams internally while rolling her eyes*

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So on a scale of 1-10, with the higher number being worse, how bad is America prepared for this if we're basing our capacities on the moron who keeps comparing it to the flu, which kills thousands per year?