• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
Wonder if this was posted earlier:

If your own cabinet won't (or can't) stop the virus between themselves, that speaks very badly of your willingness to stop the virus.
They rather get the coronavirus themselves than have people know it's spread already.

Also, got a case closeish to me. Not bothered, but it seems the "incubation" time in Spain has ended.

T-800

Oct 30, 2017
Why do you think there is no value in stocking food and supplies?

Why are you disagreeing with WHO?

www.who.int

When and how to use masks

WHO's guidance and advice on the use of masks to protect against and limit the spread of COVID-19.

I'm not disagreeing with them myself. This was the information given by one of our medical authorities in Australia today as part of a Q&A.

A quick google search confirms it. But like he said. if it makes you feel better, wear one. The virus can also enter through your eyes so......

Bad_Boy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They just restricted military(atleast osan and Humphreys) stationed in korea from going to anywhere 20+ people (restaurants, bars, movie theaters, clubs, large gatherings.)

Shit is getting real.

Deleted member 48991

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2018
Any updates on what will happen to the Olympics yet?
Will depend on the situation in late May: https://www.axios.com/olympic-offic...ned-4ca69a5a-b573-4ec5-8714-959d04ae8592.html

Still a few months to get this virus under control. Japan is slowly increasing their response, but until now it's mostly through policy and guidelines and not hard measures such as taken in China (quarantines and mandatory checks). The number of new cases every day is still manageable, the government is mostly trying to prevent large clusters from forming.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Currently passing through Heathrow, about to rub a litre of hand gel into my face. Wish me luck!

Xia

Banned
Feb 1, 2020
How serious can this be for someone, who doesn't have a spleen? Or someone, who has type 1 diabetes?

Maquiladora

Nov 16, 2017
How serious can this be for someone, who doesn't have a spleen? Or someone, who has type 1 diabetes?

Who is at risk of developing severe illness?

While we are still learning about how COVID-2019 affects people, older persons and persons with pre-existing medical conditions (such as high blood pressure, heart disease, or diabetes) appear to develop serious illness more often than others.

www.who.int

Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)

WHO is continuously monitoring and responding to this pandemic. This questions and answers page will be updated as more is known about COVID-19, how it spreads and how it is affecting people worldwide. For more information, regularly check the WHO coronavirus pages. https://www.who.int/covid-19

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
This scares me purely because people in the UK are so dumb when they have the normal flu already. They'll go into my packed commuter train and cough and sneeze everywhere with no regards to the health and safety of others purely because for most people sick time = no pay or heavily reduced pay.

I feel like im starting to get a cold because of it at the very least and while I don't think there's been any widespread cases in the UK it worries me that I might end up with it.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not disagreeing with them myself. This was the information given by one of our medical authorities in Australia today as part of a Q&A.

A quick google search confirms it. But like he said. if it makes you feel better, wear one. The virus can also enter through your eyes so......

I have the N95 mask and have gloves and goggles coming in for when I am on an airplane or if I have to go to the doctors

Green Yoshi

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cologne (Germany)
This scares me purely because people in the UK are so dumb when they have the normal flu already. They'll go into my packed commuter train and cough and sneeze everywhere with no regards to the health and safety of others purely because for most people sick time = no pay or heavily reduced pay.
In Germany, an employee is generally entitled to receive sick pay amounting to 100% of his or her salary for up to six weeks. German national health insurance compensates employers for 80% of sick pay so long as the employer does not employ more than 30 employees.

I'm employed by a temporary employment agency and would get a few hundred euros less per month.

Arebours

Oct 27, 2017
The numbers seem to be in the general ballpark, but please stick to posting from verifiable sources.
15-20% severe cases is horrifying. If this this becomes a major pandemic, which now seems very likely, we'll be looking at near 20% hospitalization which no country can handle.

Last edited:

Tunichtgut

Oct 27, 2017
Germany

I feel like im starting to get a cold because of it at the very least and while I don't think there's been any widespread cases in the UK it worries me that I might end up with it.

That's not just Uk, that's everywhere. Sitting in library (Germany) to study, and every second person is coughing/sneezing and some sound like they are gonna die, but nope, nobody cares about getting others sick, it's all about me...

iamaustrian

Nov 27, 2017
So one virologist just said that you cannot get it a second time (on the biggest radio network btw). according to him once you pull through you're basicely immune and that's a good thing because it shows that the virus pretty much stays in it's present form/stage.

Now I thought there were people in china who got reinfected?

its the same here. I just went to the local doc to get some meds for my brother and the waiting room was packed with coughing people. Lots of them STILL using these cloth hankies which they reuse countless times. Even worse the doctor himself shakes every patients hands.
btw: Out of curiosity I asked the nurse if they also test for covid and she said "nah". If you think you could have it you should call a phone number or get to the next hospital which are able to test it.
according to a map given out by the gov the nearest testing hospital in our area is a 40min drive away (although we have two local hospitals, one even with an infection disease unit) smh

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
So one virologist just said that you cannot get it a second time (on the biggest radio network btw). according to him once you pull through you're basicely immune and that's a good thing because it shows that the virus pretty much stays in it's present form/stage.

Now I thought there were people in china who got reinfected?
Maybe they weren't really cured and got discharged?

Cwyll

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
they've obviously not considered the 'legacy' version of the pandemic; viruses evolve.
Guess we'll see...

Garchia3.0

Dec 20, 2018
The numbers seem to be in the general ballpark, but please stick to posting from verifiable sources.

Of course, no problem. I decided to post that tweet as it showed information that matches most of the studies and data that's being released. I actually thought about it twice before posting precisely for the lack of links to the sources.

Froli

Oct 25, 2017
Philippines
Got this from Reddit. I'm really surprised that China has the facilities and really committed to this.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From Dr. Bruce Aylward (renowned expert who led the team of experts on the ground in China)

"The bottom line is this virus kills people... it kills our elderly and vulnerable... but this is not always the case - young people do die of this disease even in industrialized countries. People are looking at this saying that but in China they don't have this, they don't have that, etc. If I had COVID-19, I'd want to be treated in China. We'd go into these hospitals, how many ventilators do you have? 50-60. A scale we aren't used to seeing. How many ECMO systems do you have? 5. We don't have that in Europe. When we look at how dangerous this disease is, we have to be careful looking at the China data. China know how to keep people alive from COVID - they are super committed to it and they are making a massive investment in it. That is not going to be the case everywhere in the world.... It is a serious disease and I worry that people are going to look at the China numbers and get a false sense of security"

WinniethePimp

Oct 26, 2017
EU
Got this from Reddit. I'm really surprised that China has the facilities and really committed to this.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From Dr. Bruce Aylward (renowned expert who led the team of experts on the ground in China)

After watching this, i can't seem to shake the feeling that most 1st world governments are kind of waiting to see if this really takes off in a big way in their country or not before committing huge resources into health infrastructure (respirators, possible buildings to set up hospital-like environment, tents, other medical supply needed for instensive care etc.) Now i know that apparently a lot is being done behind the scenes, and that they often don't let the general populace know to avoid a panic, but honestly, i feel the better approach would be to let us know that they are preparing in a big way, it'd be a lot more reassuring than this guessing game of "what if" that is currently going on.

Deleted member 34788

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Rapid fall in china with deaths and cases compared to only a week ago. Number of recovered just keeps going up and up.

A few HK doctors and experts advised it would peak right around now.

Wont curse the large fall in cases, but it is a large piece of good news.

As for that video, at least in the uk the NHS has gone above and beyond in preparing for the virus. Short of mass panic procedures that would cause massive massive disruption for little benefit in combatting the disease at this stage.Powers have rapidly come into effect to force the quarantine of infected until they get better. Plus the gov, shockingly enough, at least seems to acknowledge the severity of it in a climate like we have.

Typhoon20

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is there a mask worth getting that will offer protection? If so... which one to get ? There are so many and I dont know which ones to get. It's for my parents.

Lishi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I think after SARS contingency plan were put in places (at least on the material and logistic side). Interesting document on how the hospital were build based on similar one build during SARS outbreak, the material and blueprint where already stocked in some warehouse. So i guess they stocked up in medical equipment as well, since the illness have very similar progression they can be used.

www.youtube.com

How China Built a Hospital in 10 Days

Sign up for an annual CuriosityStream subscription and also get a free Nebula subscription (the new streaming platform built by creators) here: http://Curios...

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Rapid fall in china with deaths and cases compared to only a week ago. Number of recovered just keeps going up and up.

A few HK doctors and experts advised it would peak right around now.

Wont curse the large fall in cases, but it is a large piece of good news.

As for that video, at least in the uk the NHS has gone above and beyond in preparing for the virus. Short of mass panic procedures that would cause massive massive disruption for little benefit in combatting the disease at this stage.Powers have rapidly come into effect to force the quarantine of infected until they get better. Plus the gov, shockingly enough, at least seems to acknowledge the severity of it in a climate like we have.

The percent of severe cases and deaths are going down every day, while the percent of recovered and mild cases are going up. Also active cases worldwide are dropping for at least a week now.
There are some good news, despite all the doomsaying ITT.

Fizzgig

Oct 30, 2017
One of the schools on lockdown in the UK is a town over from where my family live. Getting a little too close to home.

Irminsul

Oct 25, 2017
Always remember: If you want to empty supermarket shelves, make sure you can actually get all of that stuff home!

N7Commander01

Jan 2, 2020
Tokyo, Japan
My company in Tokyo has told everyone to work from home for two weeks.

A relative of someone in the office came into contact with Covid.

While the government is not doing much, it seems many Japanese companies are taking this seriously

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Went to the doc again because of my flu today and talking about my blood test results. My vitamine d result is that bad that I now have to take pills daily because I am in the risk group when I should get Coronovirus..like the biggest risk group with old people and cancer patients. Also got a few vaccines updated, because he prepares himself for the incoming storm and he told me that his patients nearby should be prepared first by being healthy when it takes over lol. Nothing big and I am glad that I got tested, but still crazy to think about.

Normal Vitamin D between 35-100

I have a 6. 6! He is surprised I didn't break anything yet in my life lol

Is there a mask worth getting that will offer protection? If so... which one to get ? There are so many and I dont know which ones to get. It's for my parents.

No except for that mask they were in labs with attached airfilter.

Engell

Oct 28, 2017

For it to really work you need an airtight mask either full-face or a half-face combined with some diving goggles.
Then you need to fit the mask with P3 filters and maybe a bit more if you want to be sure.

80177.jpg

Last edited:

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I hope I'm just being paranoid, but I'm concerned that the reason the death rate is so low is because China was able to take insane measures to contain the virus and diagnose people. Just hoping it doesn't get any worse when it makes it's way to the US eventually.

WinniethePimp

Oct 26, 2017
EU
I hope I'm just being paranoid, but I'm concerned that the reason the death rate is so low is because China was able to take insane measures to contain the virus and diagnose people. Just hoping it doesn't get any worse when it makes it's way to the US eventually.

It's absolutely surreal how we are all in the same boat here, wondering about questions to which we are all collectively about to get the answers to shortly. Let's just hope for the best but prepare for it to get pretty rough i guess... I am also somewhat worried about another aspect that seldomly gets talked about here: The fact that this crisis is about to take priority over ANY other healthcare related issues. I mean...imagine how many people are being treated in hospitals right now for OTHER serious/lifethreatening conditions? (cancer, strokes, heartattacks etc.) I am not sure how the healthcare system is going to to be able to care for those patients once every hand is needed on deck for this virus?

Solary

Banned
Nov 20, 2019
Just a thought but would people in the USA get charged for treatment if they are infected by Coronavirus?