• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
If GMTK would "drop the politics" notch offered he would deletes his Twitter account. And he did just that.

Great deal!

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I'd take that deal. Notch's presence on twitter is far more harmful than this person stopping politics talk.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
It's the dude very political on Twitter himself?

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
Shout out to Mark Brown!

Out of interest what 'politics' was Notch referring to?

OP
OP

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
Afaik it Mark Brown didn't like his videos were interrupted by political ads which led him to dropping monetizing on YT. Not sure how notch was involved cause those tweets are unavailable.

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I take one person not using their channel to talk politics if it keeps notch off of twitter. That guy does far more harm than GMTK does good with talking politics.

PK Gaming

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
God, what a moron

0 chance GMTK will drop his politics either (it's an essential part of most of his videos imo) so he really got suckered into making a deal for a benefit that doesn't actually exist

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Is this a great deal if it stops someone talking about political issues?

GMTK has 76k followers. Notch has (had) 4 million.

GMTK's politics center around mundane things like 'I don't want Trump ads on my videos'. Notch's tweets center around things like how he thinks trans women aren't 'real women', how straight people have to 'fight for their rights' because equal rights for LGBT people have gone too far and how racism doesn't exist.

Yes it's a good trade.

Last edited:

waugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Feb 21, 2020
This deal will benefit literally everyone. We don't have to remember Notch exists and Notch leaving Twitter will probably help his mental health tremendously.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't Mark removing the ads anyway because he doesn't want Trump ads? So Mark didn't do anything and Notch deleted his Twitter account anyway?

Azaan60

Mar 18, 2020
Notch is a disgusting piece of shit. His comments on the New Zealand Christchurch shooting were vile.

Jafin

May 26, 2018
Ireland
I have no idea who any of these people are, but does GMTK talk about politics often? The "context" was literally just them mentioning that they didn't want reelection ads in their video ads on YouTube.

Deleted member 5491

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In the end, Mark didn't do anything (he deactivated ads anyway) and got notch to delete his account.

WHAT A MOVE

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
I loved Mark's work a great deal already, but this just made him one of my favorite people

Cjdamon042

Oct 28, 2017
Edinburgh
tumblr_po2cx4qmmo1x0uneyo4_540.gifv

For now.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Why is the that the visibly political types the ones that complain about "politics" the most lol.

Moreover, it's Pavlovian. They never address the context. It's hilarious really.

*Trump is mentioned*

"Shut up about politics!"

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Notch is such a snowflake, he got offended by something someone said that had no bearings or interactions with them. This is how pathetic he and people like him are

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I doubt notch will keep his word but if he follows through after the 30 day deadline to restore the account passes, then he loses over a decade of tweets, the 4 millions followers he garnered in those years, and that coveted blue check mark.

He can't get those back even if he makes a new account. Minecraft was literally the only reason he got that 4 mil follower count but now that he's a recluse living in a mansion with rotten candy walls his only followers would be other neckbearded chuds. His ability to spew his bigotry would be extremely capped.

This would be a huge win. Fuck notch.