• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

hanmik

Editor/Writer at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
This game looks fun.. and I like the idea that it launches the same day as Brexit..

Not Tonight is a post-Brexit management game, fusing a time-pressure RPG with a politically charged story where every decision matters. Will you join the resistance and fight the regime -- or keep your head down and hope that one day this will all be a distant memory?
Not Tonight: One Love is a full, extra chapter that follows on from the main Not Tonight storyline. King's Head Dave has had just about enough of everything happening in Britain, and has decided to pack up and move to France, in the hope of finding true love.
In an alternative Britain where Brexit talks have collapsed, an extreme far-right government has taken power. Citizens of European heritage have been rounded up and exiled. Forced out of your previous life, you find yourself in the midst of a booming gig economy, fighting to scrape by and return to the city you call home.
  • Man the doors of pubs, clubs, festivals and parties, finding work via the BouncR app
  • Check IDs, manage guestlists, and stop revellers from becoming unruly
  • Upgrade your apartment, bouncer and equipment to better prepare yourself for the future
  • Decide what lengths you'll go to in order to survive in a Britain on the verge of collapse

Oct 25, 2017
I have this on PC. It's basically Papers Please with a night club and Brexit twist. You start as a night club bouncer checking IDs but then start moving on up to more important events.

Don't forget the official trailer for the Switch version.

OP
OP
hanmik

hanmik

Editor/Writer at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I have this on PC. It's basically Papers Please with a night club and Brexit twist. You start as a night club bouncer checking IDs but then start moving on up to more important events.

Don't forget the official trailer for the Switch version.

ahh I was looking for this trailer.. lol.. and yes the game is inspired b Papers..

Mike Rose

That No More Robots guy
Verified
Jan 18, 2018
Oh cool, thanks for posting about our game!!

It's our first Nintendo Switch title (we've got half a dozen more coming in the next 12 months), so we're pretty dang excited to get it out there :)

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
Oh cool, thanks for posting about our game!!

It's our first Nintendo Switch title (we've got half a dozen more coming in the next 12 months), so we're pretty dang excited to get it out there :)
I want a follow up to your twitter thread when you know how it performs!

hopefully sales information from nintendo is more detailed than the pre sale stuff

Valtox

Nov 16, 2019
I keep getting bad endings and getting arrested.
Is there any way to load a previous save state on a given save slot? Every time I try to select a previous day save, I get a message apparently saying that if I select that save state, all given slot would be canceled.
Such a great game, but I can't figure out how to go back in time of a week or so. I already put 25 hours in and I already started over once, because I got arrested for selling Cheese at the reggae event, lol, with 10 or more hours in, can't stand to play all that part all over again.

Last edited:

Larrikin

Oct 25, 2017
Just started playing this and am having some serious gameplay issues. Just tiny quality of life things that really ruin my enjoyment.

I hate how random the guests start are. I have sometimes gone an entire 40 minutes of a stage before a guest slowly walked from the opposite side of the screen around the side to go into the queue. Sometimes it's within the first 10 minutes. It makes a HUGE difference.

Also I have had a couple of times where I made no mistakes, was fairly quick in my assessments, but simply didn't get enough real guests to pass the level. Just fake after fake after fake, and the fakes take like twice as long as reals because of the dialogue and attempted bribes.

Then there's the scripted sequences where the "proceed dialogue" button is the same as "accept into the club" button, so sometimes trying to read through dialogue and I haven't realised they've handed me their license and I accidentally accept them when I didn't intend to.

Plus it's just clunky. Sometimes the "License please" dialogue will trigger automatically after a previous process, but that wastes more time if you were trying to change queues. It doesn't feel smooth at all.

And you can't start moving until a guest is at the start of the queue already? You just literally stand there doing nothing, painstakingly waiting for the first person to actually line up.

I love the core gameplay, but there are so many tiny things that just make the entire experience feel like a quagmire to wade through. I haven't even finished January :-/

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
Also I have had a couple of times where I made no mistakes, was fairly quick in my assessments, but simply didn't get enough real guests to pass the level. Just fake after fake after fake, and the fakes take like twice as long as reals because of the dialogue and attempted bribes.

So, I haven't played the game, or Papers, Please, and it's entirely possible my impression is wrong, but it sounds to me like you're being too strict? Like, isn't the point of the game not to follow the rules 100%, but rather to push the boundaries a bit? Play with the risk/reward? If you just follow the law the whole time, you'll lose, so you've gotta fudge it to get by (but if you go too far there'll be other consequences)?

Larrikin

Oct 25, 2017
So, I haven't played the game, or Papers, Please, and it's entirely possible my impression is wrong, but it sounds to me like you're being too strict? Like, isn't the point of the game not to follow the rules 100%, but rather to push the boundaries a bit? Play with the risk/reward? If you just follow the law the whole time, you'll lose, so you've gotta fudge it to get by (but if you go too far there'll be other consequences)?
So firstly.... spoilers bro. I like following the law and doing so thus far has not caused me anything bad. Why would I lose from doing that?

Secondly, these are mechanical problems. Not narrative/choice ones. The game should mechanically accomodate the available choices. If it doesn't that's a clear problem.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus, this game is barely playable if you joycon has any kind of drift. #112 just jeeps leaving the line randomly, costing me precious seconds. Of course, joycon drift is a Nintendo issue, but I wish this game wasn't so sensitive to even the slightest touch on the sticks.