• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
Sources:
www.independent.co.uk

Elon Musk causes ‘CumRocket’ crypto to quadruple in price after tweeting explicit emoji

CumRocket cryptocurrency rose from $0.06 to $0.28 on Saturday after tech billionaire’s tweet
uproxx.com

Elon Musk Caused The Price Of Semen-Themed Cryptos To Explode

Elon Musk really worked the crypto market hard on Thursday night, causing a surge of semen-themed coins.
www.forbes.com

Bitcoin ‘Is A Helluva Drug’—Elon Musk Tweet Storm Boosts Dogecoin And Adult Industry Crypto Price

Elon Musk, the Tesla chief executive who's developed a controversial relationship with the bitcoin community over recent months, is again creating waves in cryptocurrency markets...

Elon Musk has caused the price of CumRocket to shoot up by nearly 400 per cent in just 10 minutes after he tweeted a series of emojis that appeared to reference the adult-themed cryptocurrency.

Bitcoin fell over 4.5% to a price of $36,852 at around 9:34 a.m. ET Friday, according to data from Coin Metrics. Other digital coins followed suit, with No. 2 cryptocurrency ether dipping more than 5% to $2,656.06 and dogecoin — Musk's favored crypto — sinking almost 7% to around 36 cents.

However, while some cryptocurrencies saw their prices fall, a sticky situation developed overnight as semen-themed coins saw their prices explode in the wake of Musk's break-up tweets. Specifically, coins with the word "cum" in their name.

The price of cumrocket tokens, called cummies and traded on decentralized exchanges, doubled after Musk's tweet. It had already surged this week after Musk posted "Canada USA Mexico" to Twitter, taken by some to be a veiled reference to cumrocket.

"Cumrocket coin has surged over 85% after Elon Musk's tweet," @CryptoWhale posted to Twitter on Friday. "We are for sure living in a simulation."

"Great thread," Musk replied.

Rayasab

Banned
Apr 12, 2021
He's been trolling Bitcoiners for a while, I dislike Elon but hate Bitcoin pumpers even more.

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Elon basically has the cheat code to make unlimited money. Invest in random shitcoin, make tweet referencing it, sell after it shoots up 400%. Repeat next time you want to buy a yacht.

Red Comet

Jan 6, 2018
Don't have a stake in Cummies, but I believe the exchange it's sold on is called "cumswap" which warms my heart.

Oct 25, 2017
EDTdKAlVAAA7NXT.jpg

Oct 29, 2017
One of my favorite things in the last few months has been seeing people asking online how to buy CUM, with a completely serious tone.

Last edited:

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Now queue the bag holders buying in! Hope you guys like parting with fomo money.

Oct 25, 2017
It's a great project different from the other shitcoins imo. This pump and dump wont last, but looking for long term gains as platforms and content creators adopt the coin for tipping. Coin name is cringe but the team has been working overtime to keep up with the roadmap. Sitting on a small bag myself of course....

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Pump and dumps. He's going to keep doing it with no one even trying to stop him.

Mar 3, 2018
Same shit he did with Bitcoin and Dogecoin, and now this. He has too many followers and cultists that keep investing in whatever he wants. Dude is playing them all. No wonder his wealth skyrocketed in the last year.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Same shit he did with Bitcoin and Dogecoin, and now this. He has too many followers and cultists that keep investing in whatever he wants. Dude is playing them all. No wonder his wealth skyrocketed in the last year.

Don't think it's "cultists", it's people seeing a pattern and making money on it. Crypto fans are constantly hate-spamming Musk, so he is doing this to burn them.

Neo C.

Nov 9, 2017
I didn't know about that crypto, but if it's good for adult content creators, I'm ok with it.

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
I can't wait until this crypt nonsense dies for good. It's bad for the environment and currency with viability that can teeter over one douche making a tweet is incredibly volatile and will ruin people.

Crypto takes the exchange of funds out of corporate hands, and returns it to people. It's is a fundamentally good thing for humans, and it's far too useful for far too many people to ever dry up and disappear. The environmental impact is an issue with energy production, not crypto.

NFTs I could see being a fad. Cryptocurrency in one form or another is here to stay.

Ablacious

Dec 23, 2018
Crypto takes the exchange of funds out of corporate hands, and returns it to people.
I really don't see it being for the "common people" with the ridiculous, variable fees for trading. Sorry, I mean, gas.
The people making money are the exchanges/miners.
Maybe it gets more mature. Decades ago we had loaded, high expense mutual funds as the norm in the stock market for retail investors.