• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Needs a field study OP

ExcitableGenerousBrontosaurus-size_restricted.gif

don't do this

Ash735

Banned
Sep 4, 2018
The only time I don't shower in the morning is if I'm having a lazy day and not leaving the house, but I MUST shower before going out, otherwise I just feel grimy.

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
I can only do this when my hair is really short. Otherwise it's too greasy even if I showered right before bed.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
You sweat during your sleep.

Shower in morning > shower in evening.

Saying that, I shower twice a day:

Once in the morning, once in the evening after my workout.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
Yep. I haven't showered in the morning since high school

Same. Night showers so my hair can dry. I also don't sweat or anything at night. Just wash your sheets and all that, and put on some deo after the shower, and you won't smell in the morning.

I generally find a lot of people aren't washing their sheets as often as they should.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how anyone can leave the house in the morning without a shower and not feel grimy.

I also need it to wake up.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
I'm in the "shower at night" group. If I'm showering at midnight and then up at 630, I don't need another shower. The opposite it worst. Going all day accumulating dirt and odors, sleeping in it, and then showering in the morning. goddamn that's gross to me.

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I usually shower at night after working out. I sleep naked and have regularly cleaned sheets plus a climate controlled house so I usually don't sweat while sleeping. My wife does the same. Showering in the morning would just be a waste of hot water.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in the "shower at night" group. If I'm showering at midnight and then up at 630, I don't need another shower. The opposite it worst. Going all day accumulating dirt and odors, sleeping in it, and then showering in the morning. goddamn that's gross to me.
That's why you do both!

BeatnikGunso

Oct 25, 2017
is this a regional thing? most people I know and this includes women by the way take a shower in the morning or take a shower before they leave for something (date, movie, work, groceries)

I take a shower in the morning to wake me up since I don't drink coffee

brochiller

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I have to shower in the morning even after one at night. My hair and face gets extremely oily even in just 8 hours of sleeping.

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
I take a shower an hour or two before bed, and when I wake up I just get ready and go to work. If you are sweating at night, turn your AC down and change your bed sheets regularly. I always wake up fresh

Dezzy

Oct 25, 2017
USA
After work showers for me. Sure there is the arguement that we sweat some during sleep, but I sweat more at work like I'm sure plenty do so it just makes sense.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
I shower in the evening right before bed. As soon as I get to work I'm out in the open kicking up dust or getting rained on so a morning shower would be a waste. When I worked an office job I showered in the morning.

supernormal

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I know quite a few people who do this. I can't personally pull this off myself, at least not to work or anywhere I have to be presentable. My greasy hair is basically the worst part of it. If I could only take one shower a day it'll definitely be right before going out to work (either morning/or noon).

Dr Shasta

Banned
Feb 12, 2019
I would suggest washing your face in the morning at minimum.

The night time shower people at my work are pretty obvious with the immense amount of oil shine on their faces by about 11am.

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
When work starts at 5 in the morning I shower the night before.
Any other time in the morning

Deleted member 41502

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 28, 2018
I've never really understood the "shower at night" thing. Like, I'm going to be sleeping for the next 8 hours. Who cares what I smell like while in bed. I wake up and shower before real people see me. Also, if I shower at night when I wake up my hair is all crazy and have to dunk my head in water anyway.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I'm hygiene obsessed (and a germaphobe thanks to my OCD and anxiety) so I shower every morning, after every workout regardless of whether the sweat stops at the forehead or not and usually once I come in from the outdoors if it was humid out. I'm not encouraging others to do things this way - it will really dry out your skin if you don't moisturize properly - but it's my personal experience.

Drain You

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
I barely ever shower when I wake up. I'm such a dickhead that I only have enough time to brush my teeth before I have to leave for work. Thats the bare minimum for me to go anywhere after waking up. Hell I can't tell you how many times where I need to take a piss as soon as I wake up but I look at the time and just go welp...gotta brush, so I guess I'll use the bathroom once I get to work.

I'd love to have enough time to take one before work in a perfect world though ngl. That opens up so many possibilities.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
I've never really understood the "shower at night" thing. Like, I'm going to be sleeping for the next 8 hours. Who cares what I smell like while in bed. I wake up and shower before real people see me. Also, if I shower at night when I wake up my hair is all crazy and have to dunk my head in water anyway.

It depends on other factors I guess. For me, my hair won't dry for like an hour or two after it gets soaked (unless I blow dry it for like 15 minutes, which just frizzes it out like crazy), so I've always been a night-showerer so that my hair gets to dry as I watch a show or something before bed. A light water treatment in the morning lets me shape it, and I'm good to go on that front.

I'd have to wake up like 45 minutes earlier to shower in the morning, or go to work with wet hair (which I hate).

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I'm so lazy in the morning that I don't even eat breakfast, I can't be bothered to take a shower. I just do it at the end of the night.

Drain You

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
Nope that's not a thing everyone does .

I'm not the guy you quoted but after seeing both your posts I had to Google it myself cause I got all excited cause I was just like yoooo am I the only one that doesn't sweat while I sleep then??? But yea nah, one of the first things I saw was some article saying "Don't sleep sleep over night sweats" meaning if anything its the opposite and most people don't sweat sleeping.

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I take a shower at night. Occasionally I'll shower during the day, like if it's really hot or I'm sweating a lot.

Drain You

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
It depends on other factors I guess. For me, my hair won't dry for like an hour or two after it gets soaked (unless I blow dry it for like 15 minutes, which just frizzes it out like crazy), so I've always been a night-showerer so that my hair gets to dry as I watch a show or something before bed. A light water treatment in the morning lets me shape it, and I'm good to go on that front.

I'd have to wake up like 45 minutes earlier to shower in the morning, or go to work with wet hair (which I hate).

Another factor that I think about too is my bed sheets def stay cleaner longer if I shower before going to bed at night

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dudes here wanna act like they are fucking X-men or something, "I don't sweat at night" my ass.

I shower at night before bed as I have to wake up extremely early to get ready for work. On occasion, I'll jump in the shower for a quick rinse-off if we're in the middle of a heatwave, but morning showers usually have zero affect on me waking up.

Metaroo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It probably depends on the guy. The scent of my balls would act as an invisible attack dog and impair anyone within three feet of me if I didnt take morning showers.

Tezz

Oct 27, 2017
Anecdote: The women in my house may or may not shower in the morning if they showered the previous night.

Edit: by may or may not, I mean sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. Wasn't trying to be vague.