• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
KalBalboa

KalBalboa

Oct 30, 2017
Massachusetts
It's amazing how a tech-rich place like Silicon Valley here has like, 2 in the region. The community is just not here for retro stuff, and you have more futuristic people focused on digital-only, or emulation enhancement sort of stuff... Honestly, when I go to PAX Prime, I actually enjoy checking out all the game shops and used book stores in the Seattle area, even more than the main event.

Us retro collectors feel like an dying breed, but it's still a super fun hobby! Hopefully this doc maybe gets more people interested, or at least, helps others understand what the appeal is.

Whenever I travel for work, one of the first things I do is check Google Maps for a local game shop.

Trailer looks fantastic! Will definitely check this out as soon as I can!

Thanks! You ever go to Classic Game Junkie in Glenside?

bishoptl

Remember
Oct 26, 2017
Vancouver
Wonderful trailer.

Places here in British Columbia like Microplay and Willow Video played a large part in my early years of console gaming - often the only place to rent or purchase used goods for miles around. Now Games Deal and Press Start in New Westminster have picked up the slack, if you're into retro gaming at all I recommend you check them out.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
My favourite local games dealer, who opened 1997 and I'm visiting regularly only since 2013, will close at the end of the year. The shift from physical to digital is only one of several (among private ones) reasons. One business related reason was how Sony has treated small retail shops since the PS3's launch and he doesn't want to go through another next generation release, referring to the PS5. It's a shame.

Interesting project. Will definitely watch!

OP
OP
KalBalboa

KalBalboa

Oct 30, 2017
Massachusetts
Any updates on a broader release?

Hey hey.

Been plugging away in my spare time on the Blu-ray features and the like; we're aiming for this autumn (November, if I had to put a month out there). Just shipped a few IndueGoGo perks out this month, too.

We're currently talking to some people about video game centric conventions to screen at. I also just lucked out with some additional music licensing for the public release version, which is exciting for us behind the scenes.

dubc

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Damn thought there was an update
Sorry, I was going to stop by Pink Gorilla today but didn't have time and it reminded me of this doc.

Hey hey.

Been plugging away in my spare time on the Blu-ray features and the like; we're aiming for this autumn (November, if I had to put a month out there). Just shipped a few IndueGoGo perks out this month, too.

We're currently talking to some people about video game centric conventions to screen at. I also just lucked out with some additional music licensing for the public release version, which is exciting for us behind the scenes.
Thanks for the update, looking forward to it!

OP
OP
KalBalboa

KalBalboa

Oct 30, 2017
Massachusetts
A heads-up:

Not For Resale will be screening Friday at 8 at PAX East!

(Blu-Rays & a digital edition of the movie are going to be announced soon, too)

Drensch

Oct 27, 2017
I just got my Blu and watched it. It's really a fantastic watch and great take on the game store market. I can't recommend enough.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I was so confused when I got a shipping email yesterday because I didn't recognize your name. It wasn't until I searched my emails for the name did I realize it was my BR copy of this. Really looking forward to it when it finally gets here.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I was going to preorder this on amazon but apparently that isn't an option yet. That said, it looks great and I'll happily nab a Blu-ray copy Day One when it becomes available.

OP
OP
KalBalboa

KalBalboa

Oct 30, 2017
Massachusetts
This is awesome, KalBalboa - you should request a thread title update with the release date

Good call!

I was going to preorder this on amazon but apparently that isn't an option yet. That said, it looks great and I'll happily nab a Blu-ray copy Day One when it becomes available.

We're getting the Amazon listing ironed out now, but we already have a shop up for Blu-Ray pre-orders, too. Vimeo should be up and running this week, too.

Riptwo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so excited to watch this when the Blu-ray arrives! It looks fantastic, and congrats on the release!

OP
OP
KalBalboa

KalBalboa

Oct 30, 2017
Massachusetts
Thank you for the reply. Can I ask, is it better for you to get the sales directly or through Amazon?

Because I want to support your considerable efforts.

Wow, that's super kind of you! Thanks for asking!

Going through the site is the best option for us, as Amazon takes a pretty big cut. The streaming version on Amazon has a margin of nearly 50%, which is insane.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Whoa, wait, what? I completely missed this. Is it too late to buy a blu-ray? This looks fantastic!