• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
BUFFALO, N.Y. (WKBW) — Last Friday's protest coincided with the anniversary of the first March on Washington. People were calling for equality for all, especially Black people.

During the protest on Hertel Avenue in North Buffalo, protesters say they were victims of an alleged hate crime. A man pulled a knife out and started yelling racial slurs.

"He addressed that he had a knife and he eventually showed it to us," recalled Darien Chandler, an activist with the Buffalo Liberation Collective. He was there last Friday when Michael Cremen of Franklinville pulled out a knife.

"It just shows the white privilege that this man was able to have a knife in his hands in broad daylight and we're exercising our American right and for police not to do anything. A man just got shot seven times, in Wisconsin, for having a knife in his car," added Chandler.

Tuesday night, a rally and march was held to show that Buffalo doesn't stand for any type of racism. Speeches were held on the lawn of North Park Community School.

The march went right by the spot where Friday's altercation happened. Just down the road at M T Pockets Bar, a group of counter protesters, who appeared to be defending the man who was arrested, were waiting for the march.

There was a confrontation between the two groups. Patrons of the bar did shout racists slurs. The Black Lives Matter protesters shouted back. Police were able to separate the groups.

"You see them put their bodies in front of us and them, as though they are protecting them from us," said Chrono Cross about the Buffalo Police. She was one of Tuesday's protesters. She brought her daughter to the protest.

More at:
www.wkbw.com

Protesters clash in North Buffalo

There was a confrontation between the two groups. Patrons of the bar did shout racists slurs. The Black Lives Matter protesters shouted back. Police were able to separate the groups.

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
Heh? Police is supposed to break fights apart and put themselves between the groups. Or am I missing the subtlety?

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
...Chrono Cross?! I know I'm not supposed to think about it in this situation, but it got me. That's a real person's name?

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Imagine reading all that shit and your first idea is to post this because of the neat vídeo game reference.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine reading all that shit and your first idea is to post this because of the neat vídeo game reference.
Black Lives Matter until a video game reference strolls along.

Anyway, this is part and parcel of the cops' playback. At this point, they're essentially protecting their own.

KG

Banned
Oct 12, 2018
Shouting racist slurs. What bar is this? I need to leave a review for it.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Western NY and Buffalo in general is this demographic mash up between ruralish/suburban white trump supporters and the largely black urban population. So this doesn't surprise me too much, sadly.

Reminds me of home in The Lehigh Valley, except you also introduce a bunch of Latinx transplants from NYC which makes for interesting times when all these disparite ppl coexist in close spaces.