• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Yeah Jackson Crawford is legit. His translation of Poetic Edda is one of the best currently available.

The Wanderer's Havamal and The Saga of the Volsungs are some excellent reading too. Check these out, especially the Poetic Edda if any of you have a remote interested in the Norse myths and want to know more.

Headman Rum

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I watched this last night and have now binged a few Jackson Crawford video's. That guy seems to be a super cool cowboy!

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
User Warned: Inappropriate joke; thread derailment.
cant wait for murdereres- react to murder scenes in games

Firmus_Anguis

Oct 30, 2017
I love how he didn't realize he was watching a game and thought he was watching a movie when he first saw God of War.

I guess we don't really notice the progression as much as those who haven't been paying attention in a while...

We've come amazingly far and this video was great! :)

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2021
I love how he didn't realize he was watching a game and thought he was watching a movie when be first saw God of War.

I guess we don't really notice the progression as much as those who haven't been paying attention in a while...

We've come amazingly far and this video was great! :)
The last games my girlfriend played were the Pokemon games on the Game Boy. She was mindblown when I showed her Uncharted 4. 😂

terawatt

Oct 27, 2017
That was really good. It's interesting how much influence pop culture has had on how people view mythologies.

Lexad

Nov 4, 2017
I play in a norse mythology based D&D game and my DM loves this guy and posts his videos. He seems legitimate

ciddative

Apr 5, 2018
I loved this video, I wish it was 3 times as long. Not really because I want to know more about Norse mythology but more that I would love to know the minutiae of the thought processes and iterations that went on during the game's creation, how they weaved their own intentions and requirements with what existed. Thanks!

Brainfreeze

Oct 26, 2017
New Jersey
This video could have easily been 10x longer and I'd watch every second. God of War goes so far to reinterpret so many myths through Mimir's stories and Tyr's tapestries, I'd love to hear this guy's interpretations of all of them.

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah Jackson Crawford is legit. His translation of Poetic Edda is one of the best currently available.

The Wanderer's Havamal and The Saga of the Volsungs are some excellent reading too. Check these out, especially the Poetic Edda if any of you have a remote interested in the Norse myths and want to know more.

I've tried to read two different translations of the Poetic Edda and fell off of it. Is Crawford's a bit more readable? (I have no idea who did the translations I have tried to read previously).

manuvlad

Mar 26, 2019
I saw almost every video from his channel after finishing god of war 2018. It is really good. Before god of war, I read Neil Gayman's North Mythology (very good too). And way before that, I read American Gods, from the same author. All good reads about north mythology and mythology in general.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It's interesting to learn that the whole impulse to cover vikings or norse gods in tattoos doesn't seem to be based on much evidence. It has become such a hallmark of their appearance in pop culture

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
I've tried to read two different translations of the Poetic Edda and fell off of it. Is Crawford's a bit more readable? (I have no idea who did the translations I have tried to read previously).

I'd say yeah, Crawford's take is easier to follow, easy to discern the meaning of the stories or advise, and not bogged down by antiquated styling. Some of the other translations use the Olde English "Thee" and "Thou" and there is none of that in his version.

Of course the Ursula Dronke volumes are probably the most definitive but they are absurdly expensive were of limited print. It's unfortunate she passed away before she could release the 4th Volume.

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
idk why anyone keeps replying to the murder post when I'm now more interested in this since it exists. link pls

youtu.be

Ex-Mob Boss Reviews Mafia Movie Scenes

Former mafia boss, Michael Franzese (http://michaelfranzese.com/), showcases his experience and expertise while reviewing scenes from pop culture depicting l...

youtu.be

Ex-Mob Boss Rates 12 Mafia Movie Scenes | How Real Is It? | Insider

Michael Franzese, a former New York mobster and ex-caporegime of the Colombo crime family, rates classic mafia movie scenes on how accurate they are. The US ...

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
The end of the video kind of gave me the impression this was some sort of series in the channel? But I couldn't find any other video like it or a playlist for more of them.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
They got him back to specifically react to Thor

Points out again that there's never really a comprehensive description of what the gods look like (except Odin). So this is neither more or less accurate, just a new interpretation