• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
Death-Stranding-Shoot-April-2018-2.jpg

I very much enjoyed the first game, a welcomed breath of fresh air in the AAA space. They've introduced a unique gameplay setup [with a few of traditional action combat options], and a crazy detailed world. Never in any other game the mere action of traversing was so challenging and fun. Discovering new areas and trying to find a way to traverse through them was so engaging, especially after new gear was introduced.

I'm all for the sequel ! They could evolve the gameplay in new ways and again give some crazy story with good actor performances. Also, if they are making it as an nextgen-only release, that would push tech of Decima engine even further, can't wait for that!

Last edited:

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like reedus has said something like this in the past. Or maybe I have fallen through a time warp.

echasketchers

Jul 15, 2021
United States
can't wait to play another game in that universe/gameplay style. it's also hilarious when actors accidentally confirm projects that have yet to be announced, my favorite genre of leak.

Jquail

Mar 2, 2021
You are indeed right. We shall see..... I find it really hard to do a sequel to the ending though but if anyone can do it, it's Kojima.

Same honestly. No idea where he could go so I have basically no expectations. But even though I adore the game… I don't know if I really care about the story? Or the characters? So starting from scratch is probably the right way to go. But regardless: I'm in for whatever nonsense Kojima pulls out of his ass.

wideface

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hidamari Apartments
amp.knowyourmeme.com

I Worked On This Story for a Year...

“I worked on this story for a year” is a twitter meme where twitter users quote the phrase “I…worked on this story for a year…and…he just…he tweeted it out.” from Jared Yates Sexton’s[1] twitter comment about Donald Trump Jr.’s Email tweet. Twitter users parody Sexton’s tweet by using the phrase...

Xshade90

Nov 2, 2017
The logical follow up would be a continuation of Lou's story way after the events of Death Stranding, but including something more sci-fi to the mix. Speculations were hard back in the day before the release of the game with connections to the Luden figure, and something tells me the next game could be (or some parts of it) happening on the moon or in space.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
Death Stranding is an odd one. I can't say it wasn't a slog at times and I can't say it didn't test my patience.

However, I can't say it didn't feel unique, interesting and, at times, utterly captivating. The voice acting, unique gameplay loop and off-the-wall storytelling were the highlights for me.

I'm a big fan of Kojima and while I ultimately finished Death Stranding and would call myself a fan of the game, I'm not sure I'd want to play another one.

That said, the world and mechanics are begging to be expanded upon and could be something incredible. Tough.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
i'm in because i like the whole world building aspect of death stranding but i really wish it would play more like mgs5 or at least have more action

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Sequel is going to be called Hug Giving and its just a game where Sam Comforter Bridges wanders across America giving hugs to angry disaffected people. Also pissing on things.

Oct 27, 2017
Sequel is going to be called Hug Giving and its just a game where Sam Comforter Bridges wanders across America giving hugs to angry disaffected people. Also pissing on things.
I'll play it.

I know a lot seemed down on DS, but having a talented dev team with a AAA budget make something so fucking weird that would normally be a small indie dev idea is always worth celebrating just to get something different in the AAA space.

Clearly a secret hint that Death Stranding 2 will be a Battle Royale game

Kojima never seeing Battle Royale earlier is legitimately surprising

Switters

Oct 28, 2017
After the extinction event was narrowly avoided, the people of America began emerging into a safer world but they hungered for more. Join the Son and clone of Sam Porter Bridges, John Deere Combine Harvester, in replanting the fertile fields of bounty across the nation.

Zultima

Mar 4, 2020
This is very exciting for me. Loved the original and got my platinum trophy even. But do think the sequel should go a lot more action heavy. Kojima is smart, I think that's what he'll do.

misterb2001

Oct 28, 2017
I bought the first one on release but gave up on it after a couple of hours. Finally got back to it and completed it last autumn. Took a good few hours to get into, but once it did then it was a phenomenal experience. One that I still think about regularly.

Its the only kojima game ive played. Can't wait for a second one

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
I'd be down for it, loved the original. Hopefully its in a different biome or world altogether, and I selfishly want a lot more straight horror moments. As for the former I can see a colonization theme off world being put into play. Setting up an artificial atmosphere, more complex construction ie buildings and whole bases. Seems like a logical next step in the formula with the Chiral Network.

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
Ugh. I found the first game nonsensical and pretentious so this is terrible news. I had to force myself to play the first 10h of the game. I was unrewarded.

I would take the worst Kojima MGS over Death Stranding any day. I wish I hadn't bought it and made a sequel more likely, Real bummer.

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like Norman doesn't really know or understand much about kojima's games so when he said they're "doing another one" he might as well mean "Kojima called me for another project and I went aight"

Yeah like I don't think he knows that silent hill and death stranding are 2 different things, guy just shows up for mocap, reads some lines and fucks off, doesn't seem like he gives much of a shit lol

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah like I don't think he knows that silent hill and death stranding are 2 different things, guy just shows up for mocap, reads some lines and fucks off, doesn't seem like he gives much of a shit lol
He's talked about Silent Hills getting cancelled and even shared a cup of Konami tears with Kojima once, so he probably knows some shit went down with Kojima and Silent Hills.

bushmonkey

Oct 29, 2017
I loved the first one but you could see where the budget constraints were very easily. A sequel with a bigger budget and with the framework of the first game already in place will be amazing.

Haikira

Dec 22, 2017
Northern Ireland
I'll play it.

I know a lot seemed down on DS, but having a talented dev team with a AAA budget make something so fucking weird that would normally be a small indie dev idea is always worth celebrating just to get something different in the AAA space.

Kojima never seeing Battle Royale earlier is legitimately surprising

I know, right? I legit can't believe it.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
SIE allowed 505 Games to take reign of the PC vers. and since they have now a PC initiative, assume every game will follow their normal path.
IMO Death Stranding released after only 9 or so months cause Kojima asked for it. Its obvious that Sony and Kojima have a deeper relationship and Sony leniently agreed to a 9m period instead of a 1 year exclusivity deal.

So i wouldn't really put it among Sony's other PC versions as Kojima being in there makes it different.

Bait02

Jan 5, 2019
Meh...I loved DS, but I don't think it really needed a sequel.

That said, knowing Kojima's past experience... I guess he must have something interesting to add if he wants to go on with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.