• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
in-imin.gif

Risev

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh. The most disappointing news of an already disappointing fucking year. Every single thing about Death Stranding was tailor-made to make sure I loathed every second of the experience.

It would be impressive if not for the fact that nobody is ever going to make a valid follow-up to MGSV's stealth and combat mechanics, meaning I've lost something and gotten nothing in return.
I'm happy about a DS sequel but yeah I've just installed MGSV again for the first time in years and was again shocked at how much better it plays than just about any action game we've gotten in the last few years. MGSV is still the best third person action game we've gotten in the last 10 or so years.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed my time with it (DS) but think it would be better as a one-and-done kinda game.

But I know that if they do make another one and give me a road/zipline to build I'll give them another 100hrs or so 🤷‍♀️

Logan Hardy

Dec 26, 2018
Well.... shit , I was hoping for a action game tbh. Have no interest in death stranding from a gameplay perspective.

danhz

Apr 20, 2018
Death stranding was awesome, and if I would have played it first time on ps5 with the dualsense, my opinion about it would be even better. Glad they making a second one

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I'm happy about a DS sequel but yeah I've just installed MGSV again for the first time in years and was again shocked at how much better it plays than just about any action game we've gotten in the last few years. MGSV is still the best third person action game we've gotten in the last 10 or so years.

Yup. And we'll never see anything even remotely close to it ever again. This industry sucks.

spam flakes

Oct 27, 2017
Nice!!!

I should get back to finishing the Director's Cut. I finished it back on PS4, but then I got sidetracked with Elden Ring for the DC lol

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
I hope not. I want new games from Kojima. As much as I liked DS1 I don't want another one.

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
Sigh…time for a confession. I bought Death Stranding shortly after release and absolutely hated it with passion the first 10-20 times I played it spanning 12 or so hours. I had just finished ER and I wanted something completely different so I reinstalled DS. About 2 hrs into that play session, it clicked. I don't know what clicked, but everything started to make sense to me. The story, the gameplay, all of it. I freaking bought the Director's Cut and finished it.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I absolutely loved Death Stranding. If there is indeed a sequel I'm all aboard.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I so loved the first game. Gameplay was so good. Made fetch questing and walking actually feel fun. That's commendable.
Wether the story is shit or not idc, I loved the gameplay and would love even more of that stuff!

I hope Kojima does make the story better this time and has an editor tho. I liked the Mads stuff but everything else was good or meh or cringe.

quail_lad

Aug 3, 2021
I bought the director's cut with a gift card a while ago but I still haven't gotten around to it. I'll have to commit to it finally.

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
Thinking about where the first game ended I wonder where a sequel can even go from that? I haven't played the director's cut version yet so I dunno if any of the new content leaves room for the story to continue in a different way

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
Based on how he seems to conflate Silent Hill and Death Stranding here, I wouldn't be that surprised if it turns out to not be DS, but rather a different new game with Kojima. Who knows, though.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Knowing Kojima it'll probably be a completely different game. Might not even have anything to do with Death Stranding. But I like that he got Norman back a future project. We'll see.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017

QFT. The "treat every mission like a TV episode" idea was genius.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Sigh…time for a confession. I absolutely hated Death Stranding with passion the first 10-20 times I played it spanning 12 or so hours. I had just finished ER and I wanted something completely different so I reinstalled DS. About 2 hrs into that play session, it clicked. I don't know what clicked, but everything started to make sense to me. The story, the gameplay, all of it. I freaking bought the Director's Cut and finished it.
You aren't alone. I've read so many stories about people bouncing off, even loathing the game on first attempt… and then circling back a couple years later and falling in love with it.

It's an acquired taste, and I'm still not too fussed about the plot, but the gameplay loop was incredibly gratifying for me. Looking forward to running through it again at 60fps :)

THErest

Oct 25, 2017
Odds that sam is not the protagonist this time, but is instead a story-important NPC?

I reïterate my desire for Death Stranding 2 to take place in Africa, and for it to have a Black woman as the protagonist. I'd love for Philomena Kwao to be the body and face of the MC.

Which country's distinctly not-African terrain would you prefer be used in this hypothetical game?

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
I enjoyed my time with it (DS) but think it would be better as a one-and-done kinda game.

But I know that if they do make another one and give me a road/zipline to build I'll give them another 100hrs or so 🤷‍♀️
I'm with you on that. It was a great unique game, but it's not something I need more of. Would much rather have a new Kojima game that's more traditional like MGS, ZOE or even reworking of a Snatcher/Policenauts type game.

Status
Not open for further replies.