• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Brhoom

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait
User Warned: Trolling over a series of posts
Can people fuck off with the walking simulator remark? Its so lazy, any fucking Silent hill game or narrative focused game like Edith Finch can be called this because there is "walking". Its reductive and lazy.

Is traversing simulator good for you?

The game is a walking simulator and the sooner you accept it the better

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
Is traversing simulator good for you?

The game is a walking simulator and the sooner you accept it the better
Im not saying you dont mostly walk in Death Stranding or Silent hill Mr. Smart man. Im saying you using that term as a dismissive way to ignore games that are doing something that isn't action focused is dumb and you should feel bad for using it regardless of what you think of Death Stranding because you and I know that its not literally just pushing the analog in one direction and thats it. Its like calling PT a walking simulator because you choose to ignore everything else going on in the game and even Death Stranding has way more "gameplay" and systems going on at any given moment then something like PT.

Also "simulator" means its trying to be realistic and no one walks or traverses like Norman does in Death Stranding in real life because its a video game and not a flight simulator.

Brhoom

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait
You mostly walk in Silent Hill? Did you only play P.T?

DS isn't doing something other games aren't doing, it's simply a mediocre title that will age terribly.

Kolibri

Nov 6, 2017
tenor.gif

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Can people fuck off with the walking simulator remark? Its so lazy, any fucking Silent hill game or narrative focused game like Edith Finch can be called this because there is "walking". Its reductive and lazy.

the game literally has balance mechanics and footwear degradation. walking simulator is actually a very apt description, more than basically any other game, and not in a derogatory manner, just literally what it is.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I don't agree at all....PT showed the potential of what could be and it was all thrown away for.....whatever DS is.

Hopefully Kojima goes back to those PT roots.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
the game literally has balance mechanics and footwear degradation. walking simulator is actually a very apt description, more than basically any other game, and not in a derogatory manner, just literally what it is.
The person in question was clearly using Walking Simulator in the derogatory sense though?

ActWan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As much as I'm a huge fan of the Silent Hill series and loved Kojima's understanding of horror in P.T (and Silent Hill vibes in Paz's sidequest in MGSV), I always prefer new IPs. Death Stranding ended up bringing something much more exciting to the table, imo.
I do hope Kojima ends up working on a horror game (hopefully another new IP) with Junji Ito, considering his cameo on Death Stranding ;)

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Honestly I agree haha. I know there are a lot of silent hills fans on here. But I always prefer to see stuff like Death Stranding even if people don't take to it. Just because I like to see some thing different in the triple A game space

Oct 25, 2017
Real talk, I understand why Norman is saying this.

When he signed onto PT/SH he mostly only had Guillermo telling him to go for it.

Kojima pitched him DS.

He had more to see of DS, than Silent Hills.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
I'm loving the game and story so far but considering the topic I wanted to say that I really dig Norman Reedus performance. I've a long road ahead tho.

Deleted member 227

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I actually did get vehicles. Traversal simulator is definitely accurate. You just posted a video of literally traversal lmao
You literally build roads to use bikes and cars, and can use hover board. And nice backtracking on calling it a "walking simulator".
What kind of criticism is "traversal simulator" even. Do you give BOTW and SOTC shit for that too?

OsakaDon

Oct 29, 2017
Osaka, Japan
I'm sorry bust I just can't believe that Death Stranding is better than what Silent Hill would have become. If the full game would have become a larger expansion of the kinds of things we saw in the P.T. it would have been amazing.

This Death Stranding game is just a boring slog of over indulgences and annoying repetitiveness. A well made game, but not a fun/great one.

Hell I'd easily play P.T. over yet again rather than play Death Stranding.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I like that Death Stranding is about trying not to kill stuff. It's how I play games that give me the option of non lethal play throughs. I really don't like killing, even if it's already dead. The gameplay of avoiding confrontation is more interesting than lining up crosshairs to mow down a lot of bodies. I hear TLOU2 may have a way to avoid killing as well, and will amplify the guilt of killing. I doubt you can avoid killing at all, but at least you can go through without killing the dogs (something is better than nothing, I'm not saying dogs lives are more important).

RustyNails

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I want a Norman Reedus Metal Gear Solid. He'd make a pretty good Snake/Big Boss. If only...

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
On one hand, Silent Hills not happening is a huge bummer.

But on the other, Death Stranding turned out to be pretty fucking great, so I'm happy lol.

Brhoom

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait
Oct 25, 2017
Why was my post medicore? The game is being branded by everyone as a walking simulator.

Who is everyone?

I guess silent hill is a walking sim to. You walk around, engage in bad combat and do obtuse puzzles. I guess Resident Evil is also a walking sim because you are supposed to avoid enemies and go from one place to another. Guess breath of the wild is also one.

It's a flimsy argument for a game where the focus is meant to be traversal.

If you had issues with how the traversal works, that's at least a critique... but all you've posted in this thread is "unga bunga all you do is walk" when that can be said with many games

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
3 hours into death Stranding and I'm blown away. I'm glad it didn't work out too norman!