• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
I realized that taking a banana off of the bunch is a really specific sound. I associate it with post-workout serotonin goodness.

KORQfbd.jpg

What sounds do you appreciate, or think you should appreciate more?

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think about it anymore, but there's a train near me and I love hearing it. I find the sound comforting in an odd way.

Oct 27, 2017
Cicada buzzing during the summer. It's not often I notice but it's definitely one I think about when it's not there.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
The thump of taking a pen out of its cap, mixed with the feeling of a little bit of friction.

Like pulling your finger out if a screw hole that's the right size. Very satisfying.

The pop of a freshly opened pickle jar or something similar. Love that noise.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cork plonking from bottle with a light accompanying squeak of friendly friction.

The sound of waxed paper being torn from a block of fine vintage cheddar.

The gentle snap of an After Eight wafer to herald the scent of mint and chocolate.

The lamentation of their women.

The ever more desperate and muted pleading of hitchhikers as they realize their skin is getting looser.

The small indignant ruff of a golden retriever puppy demanding to be taken seriously.

The sound of unfamiliar birds on a tropical morning abroad.

The gurgles and squeals of a baby cooing from its crib.

The muted crack of a splintered tibia as a young athlete's career is ended.

The chime of Balinese bells in a beautiful village.

The lapping of waves and the gently rushing tumble of smooth pebbles on a distant shore.

The distant contest of a chainsaw's buzz and the howled anguish of its intended subject.

The warming resonant purr of a mellow cat nestled against your shoulder.

The explosive shouted rage of violence and the rattle of shaking wood from a crowd fighting outside your flimsy double wide door.

The contented sigh of a sleeping partner as a sliver of dawn creeps across the cost bed.

A distinctly and joyously analog melody from a vintage arcade game that vividly recalls halcyon days of youth.

The sudden and startling silence of jet turbines failing at 40,000 feet followed by the furious rush of air and buffeting plummet.

The crackle and snap of firewood in a Christmas hearth.

The mewling awe of the tethered Dirtybirds as they witness the Majesty of Your Becoming and the pathetic wracked sobbing of their final understanding of your Glory.

The pleasant concussive whomp of New Years Fireworks and reassuring cries of joy and celebration Echoing from downstairs as you drift into childhood dreams.

The soporific lullaby of Gilbert Gottfried belting grind core lyrics from a riot police loudspeaker.

Last edited:

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The sound of raindrops on the windows or the window shutters creaking in the wind. I then always feel safe and cozy.

Oct 28, 2017
The washing machine, dryer, or dishwasher running are very comforting to me. I also like the sound of the shower running.

iWannaHat

Jul 1, 2019
Cork plonking from bottle with a light accompanying squeak.

The sound of waxed paper being torn from a block of fine vintage cheddar.

The gentle snap of an After Eight wafer to herald the scent of mint and chocolate.

The lamentation of their women.

The ever more desperate and muted pleading of hitchhikers as they realize their skin is getting looser.

The small indignant ruff of a golden retriever puppy demanding to be taken seriously.

The sound of unfamiliar birds on a tropical morning abroad.
Can't say I disagree with any of those, haven't tried an After Eight wafer though.

Lionel Mandrake

Prophetic Lionel Mandrake
Oct 26, 2017
Popping open a can of beer or soda is pretty nice. The pop, the ripping aluminum, the fizz.

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
My neighbors' kitchen is the other side of my bedroom wall so I hear a pleasing ambience from what is presumably their fridge