• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017

NEW FEATURE - EXPERT MODE
This is an idea that user Safe-Keeper suggested in the discussion forum. This mode eliminates the "hint" highlighting feature from the game, several instances of dialogue hinting and signposting, and certain visual cues that assist in puzzle solving. This is meant to create a more challenging playthrough for experienced adventure game players.

NEW FEATURE - AUTOCOMBAT
This feature automates all combat encounters in the game, with the exception of the Crouton encounter. We decided to leave this one in because it's optional and
there's an alternative solution later in the game
. We'd love your feedback if you feel differently about this decision.

50% OFF SALE + STREAM
NORCO will be 50% off starting August 7th to the 13th. We'll (@roboticgeo / @_rvryt / @godtheanimal) be sitting down with our friend Leigh (@roaringblood) for a casual playthrough and discussion of NORCO's themes. Leigh grew up across the river from Norco and has recently done an "annotated stream" of the game that provides a lot of local insight into the region. This playthrough will be pre-recorded and will be looping here on the Steam page during the sale.

FUTURE UPDATES
We'll continue to work on quality of life features over the course of the Summer/Fall based on feedback we've received here and in the forum. Something that a couple of players have requested is the ability to scroll back in dialogue. Because of the way we implemented the dialogue system, this will unfortunately require a larger refactor than it would otherwise, but it's something we really hope to implement. We'll keep you posted on this and any other features/content/ideas we're cooking up over the next several months.

store.steampowered.com

NORCO - NORCO PC Feature Update (Mac soon!); 50% Off Sale - Steam News

Today's Update adds "Expert Mode" & "Autocombat" to NORCO; plus a Major 50% off sale

View: https://twitter.com/roaringblood/status/1557796936492752896

On the possibility of console versions in the future: https://twitter.com/roboticgeo/status/1544777984241967107

Norco-game.jpg

Platform(s): PC (Steam, GOG, Epic), Game Pass
Demo: Yes (Act One free)
Release Date: March 24th, 2022
Genre: Point-and-click adventure, sci-fi southern gothic
Price: £9.68, $12.74, 12,74€
Player(s): 1
Format: Digital
Developer: Geography Of Robots
Publisher: Raw Fury
Size: 4GB

Unlocks in Mar 24, 2022 at 9:00 AM
titlescreen_dusk.gif

Synopsis
Norco is a sci-fi Southern Gothic Adventure that immerses the player in the sinking suburbs and verdant industrial swamps of Louisiana's petrochemical hinterlands.

Your brother Blake has gone missing in the aftermath of your mother's death.

In the hopes of finding him, you must follow a fugitive security cyborg through the refineries, strip malls, and drainage ditches of suburban New Orleans.
todds_new.gif

Features
  • Explore a world of detail-rich and atmospheric pixel art born from the petrochemical landscapes of South Louisiana.​
  • Navigate your way through a world of uncertainty and moral ambiguity as you venture deeper into the swamp to unravel the threads left by your brother.​
  • Fight, sneak, or fast-talk your way past any hometown bullies, security contractors, or death cults that stand in your way.​
  • Bust into a refinery with your robot friends.​
  • Immerse yourself in the eclectic, atmospheric soundscapes of Gewgawly I.​
  • Explore vast scenic landscapes of pulsing nightlife and eerie solitude.​
  • Recruit a wild-eyed river dog.​
motorcycle_640x360.gif

Media

ss_42a48f0f3632a6a35e72e74eef2051e55dae38fb.1920x1080.jpg

ss_3834acea1d5472c7d3e35542e4cdbd520c5e1e7c.1920x1080.jpg

ss_6d4fa8c7c7880215c452c624eb74bad8f8a46053.1920x1080.jpg

ss_86d33aa1c8bbffd49ea477ec2803e5da89cdb6b9.1920x1080.jpg

ss_09248cd23c733c1e6a5b30c512c3f29da018b6c1.1920x1080.jpg

ss_7f79062c7c414f29f36edc9c440245f339c901a4.1920x1080.jpg

ss_ffbf44cd5f9311994095b576cf2914b7ca7176fb.1920x1080.jpg

Messofanego

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Expert mode for the people who actually love pixel hunting 😝

It's a great game, hope more people try it out. I still haven't finished it, but it's one of those games like KR0 that you want to savour every moment.

CGriffiths86

Oct 28, 2017
I ended up buying it after playing the (rather lengthy) demo. I didn't love the "combat" if you want to call it that but I see the newest patch made that a non issue anymore. I'm intrigued thus far.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I've been meaning to get it since launch but with the discount I finally got it. Excited to dig in.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Looks amazing - anybody tried it on Steam Deck? Its "playable" status but wondering if the point and click experience is reasonable

Deleted member 106050

Nov 26, 2021
The game is on Game Pass on PC, if anyone is interested in trying it out and has an active sub.

Though I guess I'll buy it on Steam. I keep buying on Steam games I could play on Game Pass... :/

Jan 19, 2022
Is NORCO funny at all? Humor is really what separates these kind of games from being must plays for me to being kind of unbearable.

I adored Disco Elysium and found Kentucky Route Zero to be insufferable.

Mar 19, 2021
Is NORCO funny at all? Humor is really what separates these kind of games from being must plays for me to being kind of unbearable.

I adored Disco Elysium and found Kentucky Route Zero to be insufferable.

It has its moments I'd say, Disco Elysium was definitely a lot funnier but there's still some humour here.

Norco is a really great game and one of the best of the year so far for sure

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
Loved this show on Netflix, can't wait to check out the game

This is the game you're looking for

store.steampowered.com

Narcos: Rise of the Cartels on Steam

Narcos: Rise of the Cartels is a brutal turn-based action strategy game based on the hit Netflix TV series. Explore the entire first season from two sides each with their own unique story. Join the narcos and expand the drug cartel empire, or take up arms with the DEA and bring it crumbling down...

dreamstation

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I've been playing through this for the past week and yea I can say that I've laughed out loud a number of times. Especially when I made the private investigator put on his clown make up and people kept asking wtf was with his face lol. Definitely one of the best games I've played this year along with Citizen Sleeper. Definitely check it out if you enjoyed Disco Elysium.

mèx

Dec 30, 2017
Italy
Looks amazing - anybody tried it on Steam Deck? Its "playable" status but wondering if the point and click experience is reasonable

It worked pretty well for me, aside for some minor frame drops when hovering over the icons in a few scenes. It's completely playable either with the trackpad or stick acting as a mouse.

Game is great btw, one of the best I have played this year.

Kurtikeya

One Winged Slayer
Dec 2, 2017
Game of the year. It's in the running for one of the best-written games of all time to be honest.

Jan 19, 2022
I've been playing through this for the past week and yea I can say that I've laughed out loud a number of times. Especially when I made the private investigator put on his clown make up and people kept asking wtf was with his face lol. Definitely one of the best games I've played this year along with Citizen Sleeper. Definitely check it out if you enjoyed Disco Elysium.
All right, I'm sold. Just bought it!

D O T

Jan 1, 2021
And it has been updated with controller support too last month, the comparison to disco elysium got me intrigued, I'm gonna pull the trigger on this, nice OT Messofanego btw.

Arsic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Disco comparisons got me to buy it. Don't let me down Era.

I tried citizen sleeper and it just didn't cut it. While the themes , art, and ost seemed great the lack of any real world immersion made it disjointed. One of the charms of Disco is walking around and stumbling into things to do and engage with. When it's just click on this click on that then the immersion flies out the window.

Hoping this has more engagement moment to moment .

ZabelRock

Oct 27, 2017
Is this game difficult? I want to enjoy the story without getting stuck on puzzles/ pixelhunts.

alphacat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
One of the best games I have played and an absolute steal at that price.

Resetta Stone

Oct 26, 2017
Nothing, Arizona
I enjoyed my time with this one. The characters, the settings, the art style are all really engrossing. My biggest gripe is how abrupt it ended. I'd really wished it delved more into the overall lore of the town.

Kurtikeya

One Winged Slayer
Dec 2, 2017
All time you say? Hmmmm, you've pushed me to check it out.

I really don't say that lightly. I'm pretty careful when I say something hyperbolic like that, and I can't say the same for stuff like Silent Hill 2 or Nier Automata, games that I recognize as competently written, just not all-timers. Norco I just honestly find to be a special game with special writing. Here's Cameron Kunzelman stating my sentiments for me:

www.vice.com

The Greatness of ‘Norco’ Is Found in the Tenacious Weirdos Who Live There

An embarrassment of narrative riches and a triumph of thoughtful worldbuilding.

Last edited:

Ganepark32

Nov 21, 2021
Keep hoping that this would be added to XCloud with it already being part of PC Gamepass but alas it hasn't happened yet. At least there's some hope of a console release but it's a game I've been meaning to play for awhile now. Got a new laptop the other month so guess I'll maybe finally take it for a spin. Loved Disco Elysium and KR0 so hoping thistle click.

OP
OP
Schopenhauerian
Oct 27, 2017

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNX280h12Mg

View: https://www.tiktok.com/@geographyofrobots/video/7100974595296988458

And it has been updated with controller support too last month, the comparison to disco elysium got me intrigued, I'm gonna pull the trigger on this, nice OT Messofanego btw.
Controller support was from a previous update but I didn't know about it and can help people relax and play this on TV or if they have wrist issues like RSI...

Nice, I finished the game just a couple days before that update. Thanks for the heads up!

Is this game difficult? I want to enjoy the story without getting stuck on puzzles/ pixelhunts.

Also, aside from the new autocombat option, there are some walkthroughs out there that should help: written / video

Last edited:

ZabelRock

Oct 27, 2017
As someone that loves adventures but really sucks at them and will need some internet help to get unstuck sooner or later, this is the first game in the genre i finished with zero help.

Good to hear that! Will definitely check this game out. Also read that its only 8 hours long which is also a big plus for me.

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
I really don't say that lightly. I'm pretty careful when I say something hyperbolic like that, and I can't say the same for stuff like Silent Hill 2 or Nier Automata, games that I recognize as competently written, just not all-timers. Norco I just honestly find to be a special game with special writing. Here's Cameron Kunzelman stating my sentiments for me:

www.vice.com

The Greatness of ‘Norco’ Is Found in the Tenacious Weirdos Who Live There

An embarrassment of narrative riches and a triumph of thoughtful worldbuilding.
For that price, I bought it already and loaded it on my Deck; I'm going to start today. Thanks a lot and I'm sure I won't be disappointed. The demo was great.

cmcm750203

Banned
Dec 5, 2021
So is there any strategy to the "thoughts" or whatever they are called? It looks like maybe they are based on dialogue choices, but is there more to it?

HorseFD

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne
I didn't realise this was on PC Game Pass. Just played through the first act after meaning to only check out 10 minutes or so. Loving it so far!

Anatole

Mar 25, 2020
Bought this in the sale after eyeing it since release and finished it tonight. It was good, although I think comparing it to Disco Elysium was overselling it. I enjoyed the beautiful art quite a bit, but the story and puzzles mostly didn't land for me unfortunately.

My favorite moments were when I went off the beaten path and found little secrets or got rewarded for remembering character details. I spent the whole game assiduously trying to deliver the dad's recording to his son and reunite the son with his stuffed monkey and was very happy that I got to do so. I reloaded at that point in the ending to do both.

I did think that the mind map mechanic was a very good innovation for the point and click genre; it helped keep me always abreast of what was happening and how the characters were related even when I lost the thread of the dialogue.

Aug 15, 2022
This game has such a strong sense of place. I've never been to Louisiana, but somehow this game convinces me that this what it would be like in the future.