• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

There, you can now stop acting like she's asking for your PS4 to shape a better future for Black Americans.

Darksol

Oct 28, 2017
Japan
I get what she's going for, but I suspect her message isn't going to be well understood by a lot of folks. Her heart's in the right place though.

Too many white fans of hip hop don't acknowledge themselves as guests in a black culture. I'm glad she's stuck to her guns.

Is Michael Jordan a guest in basketball? That was invented by a bunch of whiteys, but I certainly don't see him as a guest.

Last edited:

Kayla

Oct 28, 2017
Ive seen it brought up before but if i were to give random black people money would that be a good gesture of support or is it kind of insulting?

TheAndyMan

Banned
Feb 11, 2019
Utah
People, she's an anarcho-communist that wants to abolish ALL private property - something that any marxist worth their salt knows will have to be a multi-generational process that will require the fundamental restructuring of every aspect of human society. If her followers aren't willing to do the research about what she's advocating for.... well, that's explicitly WHY she why she'd prefer that they wouldn't follow her in the first place. I didn't have to scroll down that far on her feed to find another tweet that clearly explains that, no, she's not advocating for JUST white people to give up all their possessions.

Then I guess that clears it up. She wasn't being "provocative" or using hyperbole in OP's post, she was being literal(because she's an anti-capitalist)

Glasfrut

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Well her telling the people who follow her that they need to personally give up everything they own instead of saying "we need to reorganize society so that black people get reparations" or something similar is definitely a way to "weed" out people lol

On November 28th, Noname tweeted a picture of a woman in clown makeup. The caption read, "me consistently creating content that is primarily consumed by a white audience who would rather shit on me than challenge their liberalism because some how liking Lizzos music absolves them of racist tendencies."

Lol, it's Noname. She hits hard initially and softens her words with the following tweets. It's just kinda funny seeing people react in almost the same way as the last time she came up.

Most of us know people aren't going to give up their assets (and a lot don't have assets to do so). But the tweet is a great way of showing to what extent people would be willing to go to address systemic imbalances. Even as a thought exercise.

Maybe she does fully mean it as written. But it would be nice if people articulated their disagreement beyond calling it dumb or lazy. Noname is neither.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Ive seen it brought up before but if i were to give random black people money would that be a good gesture of support or is it kind of insulting?
Depends on the person and how much you're giving.

If you walk up to a random black person and hand them $5.00 I'm sure most would just be confused. If you explained that you were trying to do a good gesture some might find it endearing, some would find it patronizing, some people would probably just think you're being weird.

If you walk up to a random black person and hand them $10,000.00 they're gonna wonder what the you're trying to frame them for.

Quade

Mar 8, 2019
I love her music, love her messages and her passion and I love her yet this message feels poorly worded to the point of almost being counterproductive. I know it's not her fault that white people need this to be broken down, but at the risk of causing more divide eh I'm not sure.

Hrodulf

Oct 25, 2017
Too many white fans of hip hop don't acknowledge themselves as guests in a black culture. I'm glad she's stuck to her guns.
The amount of white people who consume copious amounts of black culture while also being fervent supporters of Trump and other far-right agendas has always been strange to me.

Godsfather

Jul 14, 2019
I get what she's going for, but I suspect her message isn't going to be well understood by a lot of folks. Her heart's in the right place though.

Is Michael Jordan a guest in basketball? That was invented by a bunch of whiteys, but I certainly don't see him as a guest.

I mean the music industry is not owned by black people. But rap music encapsulates an experience the white listeners not gonna get fully no matter what. In that context this seems like an asinine thing to ask. To counter your point I'd mention Eminem. He's definitely a guest, no matter how well established he is he will always be a guest.

Spinluck

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
The amount of white people who consume copious amounts of black culture while also being fervent supporters of Trump and other far-right agendas has always been strange to me.

It's not at all. I've grown up around these people and white kids that loved saying nigga around me even though I check them.

That's how it's always been. You and your culture are an object for my entertainment and a product of the country that my grandaddy fought hard for so you guys could even have a chance to excel in our capitalist society.

Just make sure you keep creating culture for us to consume but don't bring your fucking politics and social awareness into the mix. Keep catching your football and shooting your hoops and if you can't do that pick up a mic. Otherwise, stop asking for permission to exists because we will never see you as all the way human.

Deleted member 30395

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I feel like it would be more realistic to try taxing the super wealthy and all capital gains and implementing UBI before we try to convince stupid angry and often poor conservatives that they should give up their inheritances and houses...
I mean I'm not opposed to reparations but I feel like improving society and making things more equal would have more of a benefit than what she is proposing.

Totally this. I think more productive conversations could be had around this idea too

(Not that this will ever happen but...!)

Oct 27, 2017
lol I love noname and this is great. pay reparations, people.

ask a black friend if you can pay for something they got on a wish list

My black friends don't want me to pay for a Roomba.

Setting up a college fund for their kids would be more productive, but in the grand scheme of things I think they would be highly offended that I thought they wanted charity or that I owed them something, personally.

Maybe you could expand on what you mean by 'wish list'

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
A question from a black guy from Italy: Why are audiences in festival and gigs in the USA so white?

SlothmanAllen

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The government can deal with reparations. If she wants to take over personal property she can fuck right off!

Deleted member 60295

Banned
Sep 28, 2019
My black friends don't want me to pay for a Roomba.

Setting up a college fund for their kids would be more productive, but in the grand scheme of things I think they would be highly offended that I thought they wanted charity or that I owed them something, personally.

Maybe you could expand on what you mean by 'wish list'

That's not even what she's advocating for, regardless. Okay, I mean, I'm sure she'd be more than fine with white people doing doing that kind of charity in the short term, but there is so much more going on here than what a lot of people on resetera seem to think the tweet in the OP is saying. (Not to mention a lot of the people directly replying to her on twitter.)

God, this whole thread is a disaster. Seriously people, go actually read her twitter feed, and maybe read some of the marxist literature that she's been promoting while you're at it.

Deleted member 2620

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
idk much about her but
People, she's an anarcho-communist that wants to abolish ALL private property - something that any marxist worth their salt knows will have to be a multi-generational process that will require the fundamental restructuring of every aspect of human society. If her followers aren't willing to do the research about what she's advocating for.... well, that's explicitly WHY she why she'd prefer that they wouldn't follow her in the first place. I didn't have to scroll down that far on her feed to find another tweet that clearly explains that, no, she's not advocating for JUST white people to give up all their possessions.

she sounds cool

Oct 26, 2017

in response to:

Seems like... a lot much?

Saying Deray is pushing cop propaganda by encouraging a set of standards/a bill instead of... destroying the system seems like needless hyperbole that you do to make sure you can't get power so you never have to make decisions with actual consequences.

Deleted member 25600

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Do people need to learn the difference between personal property and private property again?

Nobody is going to come and take your toothbrush for black liberation. But if you're a landlord they might take your rental properties in minority neighbourhoods to help relax economic stresses in those neighbourhoods.

Deleted member 5086

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, the fact that people skip the "other resources" bit to fly into a "SHE CAN FUCK OFF" tirade is actually super telling to me.
Seriously. I'm not expecting everyone to agree, even with the full context. But it's the jumping straight to angry and aggressive dismissal without even attempting to understand what she's saying that gets to me, especially from white folks.

Oct 26, 2017
Do people need to learn the difference between personal property and private property again?

Nobody is going to come and take your toothbrush for black liberation. But if you're a landlord they might take your rental properties in minority neighbourhoods to help relax economic stresses in those neighbourhoods.

Pretty sure anarcho communism will never occur in any major (>5m people) 21st century and beyond nation and neither will ever happen?

Deffers

Banned
Mar 4, 2018
Seriously. I'm not expecting everyone to agree, even with the full context. But it's the jumping straight to angry and aggressive dismissal without even attempting to understand what she's saying that gets to me, especially from white folks.
I'm also a bit less than impressed by the people going "well I can't imagine MY black friends wouldn't be absolutely offended if I tried to give them a handout." Because it tends to imply that black people who might want to work towards reparations and financial assistance for hopeless situations would therefore be deficient by comparison to these people who have, without having their opinions even being asked of them, suddenly ended up as model minorities to be upheld.

Deleted member 2761

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

in response to:

Saying Deray is pushing cop propaganda by encouraging a set of standards/a bill instead of... destroying the system seems like needless hyperbole that you do to make sure you can't get power so you never have to make decisions with actual consequences.

All you need to do is search the hashtag.

Oct 26, 2017
Things can't improve, so don't even try.

Go it.

Anarchist philosophies other than anarcho capitalism and anarcho primativism (both of which are evil and anti-human philosophies) are totally incoherent and make no effort to grapple with reality.

As one example, there is no way for an anarchist system to deal with pollution or global warming in any way without primativism.

The state is going to exist moving forward, that's my take.

Mekanos

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 17, 2018
Anarchist philosophies other than anarcho capitalism and anarcho primativism (both of which are evil and anti-human philosophies) are totally incoherent and make no effort to grapple with reality.

There is no way for an anarchist system to deal with pollution or global warming in any way without primativism as one example.

The state is going to exist moving forward, that's my take.

When you've definitely read anarchist theory

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
As usual, Noname speaking wisdom. I agree with her. And as usual, defensive white peoples' attention goes directly to property when a black person is speaking about racial issues. Almost like they live in a culture largely shaped by equating the two.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

in response to:

She's not allowed to disagree with someone else's suggestions? It's her opinion, she thinks those suggestions are out of touch with the black community and the dangers they face. She seems to be saying a focus on retraining ignores the fundamental problems with police in this country and fundamental changes needed to tackle this problem. Why waste all this energy tut-tutting a black woman's opinion on police brutality?

Oct 26, 2017
When you've definitely read anarchist theory

Explain how anarcho communist nations will deal with global warming.

I will even allow EVERY nation in the world immediately becoming anarcho communism instead of one nation emerging as an anarchy and being crushed by all other states.

Will wait for your explanation so I can learn more.

Oct 26, 2017
She's not allowed to disagree with someone else's suggestions? It's her opinion, she thinks those suggestions are out of touch with the black community and the dangers they face. She seems to be saying a focus on retraining ignores the fundamental problems with police in this country and fundamental changes needed to tackle this problem. Why waste all this energy tut-tutting a black woman's opinion on police brutality?

I'm saying that needlessly attacking people in the most hyperbolic way possible on Twitter is literally the only way Twitter works which is what she agrees with by needlessly attacking people in the most over the top way possible.

Mekanos

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 17, 2018
Explain how anarcho communist nations will deal with global warming.

I will even allow EVERY nation in the world immediately becoming anarcho communism instead of one nation emerging as an anarchy and being crushed by all other states.

Will wait for your explanation so I can learn more.

Can't teach someone who doesn't want to learn.

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
I'm saying that needlessly attacking people in the most hyperbolic way possible on Twitter is literally the only way Twitter works which is what she agrees with by needlessly attacking people in the most over the top way possible.

why are you trying to police the way a black woman can talk about police brutality and white supremacy?