• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ThingsRscary

Banned
Mar 10, 2019
Hi guys,
So Nvidia launched their gaming streaming service and...I just noticed that every streaming service out there "Stadia, PS now ((Since forever despite that they have servers here already)) and now the Geforce.
Nono of these streaming services includes the middle east as a region to support the service in day 1.

As a business strategy I would highly recommend supporting this region ASAP. ((not because I want the service and to play video games on my weak laptop while I am in bed Or at work))

The market is still available in the region and none of them giving attention to it.
for the PS now I am actually surprised why sony still until now doesn't support the region with this service. ((they have servers and office here already))
Google The same thing the biggest company in the world still lack the vision to support the region.

So Nvidia what are you waiting for? you just launched your service and hope to win this battle!?.... will do something lol.

giphy.gif

KOfLegend

Jun 17, 2019
The fact that PS Now isn't available in the Middle East, especially the gulf, is insane to me. There's a HUGE PlayStation market here. It's why I'm scared of streaming to be honest. We never get the stuff.

Deleted member 63478

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 31, 2020
Unfortunately, the Middle East just like Africa, are always looked at as afterthoughts for a lot of companies. It gets tiring and I wish it would stop.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
None of the cloud gaming streaming services aka stadia, xCloud, PSNow and GeForceNow are available in Pakistan also.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
same thing with asian countries that's not japan here...

heck, in singapore, 1gbps fibre connection is bare minimum basic for most home internet......we are more than ready for streaming!

Last edited:

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Just one of them. Not everything is available everywhere. People need to stop feeling entitled to everything.

I'm sure companies are doing their research and want to make money, but there will be reasons (as silly as they may be) why something is only available in certain places and not others.

it will come or it won't.

MillionIII

Banned
Sep 11, 2018
Just one of them. Not everything is available everywhere. People need to stop feeling entitled to everything.

I'm sure companies are doing their research and want to make money, but there will be reasons (as silly as they may be) why something is only available in certain places and not others.

Get off your high horse, these people deserve stuff too.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
I'm honestly surprised (and also disappointed) Geforce Now doesn't launch in Singapore.

i tried Geforce now with my shield TV when the whole thing is free for shield tv users as a beta and it surprisingly works.....amidst some control latency (played warhammer 40k space marines and completed 2 levels)...

i can see it working flawless if there were actually geforce now server instance in singapore or at least malaysia or hong kong. That stream instance i was trying out then was playing from a datacenter in the states.

ZiZ

Oct 27, 2017
game streaming is still somewhat experimental, it hasn't proven itself yet. I'm sure, given time, and if it becomes a big selling point. they'll start expanding geographically.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019

Where I come from, showing empathy for billion dollar companies over random people is pretty bad...

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Standing up these services in new regions is expensive. Each company is likely targeting the largest groups of their install base to drive the largest possible use.

I'm sure most of these services will rollout to more countries over the next 3-5 years, but it's going to be slow going.as everything is still evolving.

Z6E1Z9O

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
I have read in the geforce now website that they are searching for servers providers in the regions that the are not available in so i think that it is coming, but i dont think it will come soon.

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
Count me among those surprised that PS Now isn't a thing in ME&A given that Sony are one of the few to have actually bothered to have a presence, historically, in the region. (Not that I would have wanted or even been able to use it when I lived there with shitty, overpriced internet.)

Pellaidh

Oct 26, 2017
Weirdly, none of these services are even available EU-wide, despite the fact that at least some of them have European servers that should work fine.

Especially in Nvidia's case, since I can still use my beta account despite my region being officially unsupported, and it works fine.

But then again, gamepass isn't even officially a thing where I live, and that doesn't even need servers.

Classy Tomato

Jun 2, 2019
i tried Geforce now with my shield TV when the whole thing is free for shield tv users as a beta and it surprisingly works.....amidst some control latency (played warhammer 40k space marines and completed 2 levels)...

i can see it working flawless if there were actually geforce now server instance in singapore or at least malaysia or hong kong. That stream instance i was trying out then was playing from a datacenter in the states.
I've just tried playing Fortnite through Geforce Now and the latency is surprisingly not that bad. Of course it'd pose as a problem if I'm playing competitive games, but for single player games it's pretty playable, even though I'm connected to the European servers. I can see the service would become big in SEA when they add servers in Singapore.

Sabretooth

Oct 27, 2017
India
This is the exact reason why I thought it was wild that one of the regions Microsoft will be focusing on for game streaming is India. It makes a lot of sense, I just never thought they'd actually do it.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
Regions available on day one, from the GeForce Now OT:

Middle East: Israel, Turkey

North Africa: Morocco, Tunisia

Not full coverage by any stretch, but these threads are rough without specific countries listed in the OP.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
PS Now is in the process of moving over to Azure so we don't know how that's going yet. There're rumors that it's coming to India this year and we know Sony has setup cloud-related offices in Australia so I imagine we're going to be seeing more and more territories get the service in the not too distant future.

IIRC Sony had mentioned that the current PS Now coverage for countries covers about 75% (or something like that) of their total playerbase, so that alone explains why they chose the countries they did to get started. The rest will come :)

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure there are difficulties putting datacenters in some of those countries. Game Streaming needs those centers close by. And I believe Microsoft said they are starting with countries where xbox developers are.

OP
OP
ThingsRscary

ThingsRscary

Banned
Mar 10, 2019
I'm sure there are difficulties putting datacenters in some of those countries. Game Streaming needs those centers close by. And I believe Microsoft said they are starting with countries where xbox developers are.
Microsoft has two offices and one building in the UAE.
Sony as well a building located in Dubai.

The internet speed here for the minimum subscription is 250mb for the download, the upload can be 25~50mb.

MrMegaPhoenix

Oct 27, 2017
I think it's easier to list countries that are supported, since huge areas and the majority of countries just aren't supported.

Can't se this improving to equal worldwide standards for many years, it's just not how streaming seems to "work" for these countries

MrMegaPhoenix

Oct 27, 2017
then the future of gaming isn't cloud gaming.
Yeah I don't think it is, at least not yet.

I think if we had satellites beaming super fast internet all across the world, then streaming would make the most sense as "the new normal. Without that, it feels more like a "premium choice" type of thing, where you need to be in the right region with the right Internet and so on.

The future is more likely F2P mobile games, since they have coverage near worldwide and don't need tech we don't have.

(I do wish we all had super fast internet over the world though, it would change a lot)

MrMegaPhoenix

Oct 27, 2017
Satellites (especially those with highbandwith or wide area) have very high latency, not suitable for gaming.
We would need new tech then to ensure a more worldwide coverage then? That's why streaming seems the way it does to me, it's too situational. I figure that is why some companies aren't expanding their regions supported either, just too much infrastructure needed. digital, physical and mobile gaming is just "too easy" in the majority of the world compared to streaming.

At least they are trying though, maybe future tech solves these issues

EsqBob

Nov 7, 2017
I think no streaming service launched in Brazil too, and we have fiber optics internet in many places here

Shadow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Satellites (especially those with highbandwith or wide area) have very high latency, not suitable for gaming.
Starlink Project, Spacex (Elon musk) is working on is very good for gaming actually. If that pans out, then most of the world should be able to get high speed low latency internet via low orbit satellites.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
Starlink Project, Spacex (Elon musk) is working on is very good for gaming actually. If that pans out, then most of the world should be able to get high speed low latency internet via low orbit satellites.

Yeah that's got potential, but also requires thousands of satellites which could prove to be problem both environmentally and cost wise.