• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Don't really ever say it in Swedish, and also I don't know how to do phonetics or any mouthword terminology.
I can type "e tre", but y'all will pronounce that according to the rules of your own weird languages and accents, so you still won't know how it's actually pronounced.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
These responses are confusing me. When people are saying the letter "E" do they mean the English E, or E in their own language?

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
Danish: "E Tre"

Which is probably pronounced with English phonetics as E as the first E in esophagus and the "Tre" as the Tre in Trebuchet.

Not completely accurate, but the vowel sounds don't quite match anything in English.

Yun

Oct 27, 2017
In swissland they'd say Ä-drüüü.
I'm not a native Swiss person

Fabtacular

Jul 11, 2019
If Jojo's Bizarre Adventure has taught me anything, they pronounce it basically the same way we do but with guttural gusto.

ventuno

Nov 11, 2019
I tend to say "E3" the English way even when speaking in French since anyone I'd discuss games in French would also be used to reading "E3" the English way because we tend to follow English games media more...

Kizuna

Oct 27, 2017
Russian: Ye-tri. (Е-три)
Ye like in yellow.
Tri is pronounced "tree".

Last edited:

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
What the fuck lmao
I've never heard it like that before, it doesn't make any sense
what if they kept the old logo
220px-e3_1995_logolbkbg.png

GonzoCR

Oct 28, 2017
I switch between the English and Spanish pronunciations without rhyme or reason. But in general, I tend to pronounce a lot of gaming related stuff using the English pronunciation simply because I came to know about most of it through English so that's what I'm used to.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
"Eee Three"

I don't say / think "Eh Tres" which would be the Portuguese way to say it.

JershJopstin

Oct 25, 2017

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
Eutroi (my french fellows will understand!), before the internet era of game magazines.