• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
The ending is not a fuck you to anyone. It's a tantrum.

XV is already released, and in Square's eyes it was a massive success, and the fastest selling Final Fantasy to date. Square has no reason to make a do-over for this game.

Nomura doing this affects no one. But it makes seem vengeful and childish.

If it was only the looks and part of the concept it would be fine. But the whole "Verum Rex" and the reuse of Somnus as musical motiff is taking things too far.
I don't think it's a tantrum or vengeance scheme because I doubt SE would agree if it was nor do I think it'll be them making a VsXV because I don't think SE is going to do another big project on that world anymore. Like maybe they're just all having a laugh and ribbing everyone with this lol

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
z2dttu8fc8t21.png
maxresdefault.jpg

OP
OP
Dust

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
4332518214a47372d6e526a320486a610e5ea160859ee9ec1c55fe4ae9a926a839f03022.jpg

05704969913e681ed17d63bba0e15f831f53c8ca79571b4c4d9d37e93f6cd293dfc4ec24.jpg

Mindfuckery will be off the charts if it is god damn OG Noctis robbed of his everything. Like an Epic Mickey abandoned project.

Jimmypython

Oct 27, 2017
The ending is not a fuck you to anyone. It's a tantrum.

XV is already released, and in Square's eyes it was a massive success, and the fastest selling Final Fantasy to date. Square has no reason to make a do-over for this game.

Nomura doing this affects no one. But it makes seem vengeful and childish.

If it was only the looks and part of the concept it would be fine. But the whole "Verum Rex" and the reuse of Somnus as musical motiff is taking things too far.

OR the management could very well know and have approved it- because they know there is a fan base and market for it. FF15 is already a success. I would certainly be happy if someone comes to me and says they can make another round of MAJOR money by simply making that game they already planed for an already proven market with the same source materials....SEEX is not stupid when it comes to money.

Remember, Nomura most likely had to go to visual works (not the Osaka dev team) to remake the CGI.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
If nomura has the power to pull the VersusXV clusterfuck, HIS clusterfuck, out from the grave, why on Earth didn't it get made in the first place. Complete his vision? They better surround him with some No men and make him ship a game this time

Village

Oct 25, 2017
But that's what I mean. It doesn't make sense that Square Enix would just let a "tantrum" into the game. God knows I'm not saying there's gonna be a remake like that silly rumor. I'm just saying that the idea that Nomura did this just for pettiness doesn't make sense because he's still working for Square and anything he did would have had to have been known and approved by the company.
I want to say that I dont think this is a tantrum. There's not enough info to make anything of this besides it's something he wanted to do.

On your greater point. People at corporations approve dumb petty shit all the time. I have read comics that killed entire groups of characters because the author felt a way about them. There are exec's that will cancel successful projects because it's from the previous one and they had nothing to do with it. Disney fired a director falling prey to nazi propaganda and took a long ass time to rehire him just to save face. Businesses are run by people and people can be dumb.

I don't think this is that, but yeah

Oct 27, 2017
North Carolina
I find it very odd and sad that there are people truly believing that this is a definite "nod" to Versus XIII being rebooted...

(Haven't fully paid any attention here, but starting to see my YT/Twitter feed get filled up with this)

Deleted member 2229

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
The fact that people are getting mad at nomura and namecalling over this is pretty perplexing to me and says a lot more about the people here than Nomura.

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
I want to say that I dont think this is a tantrum. There's not enough info to make anything of this besides it's something he wanted to do.

On your greater point. People at corporations approve dumb petty shit all the time. I have read comics that killed entire groups of characters because the author felt a way about them. There are exec's that will cancel successful projects because it's from the previous one and they had nothing to do with it. Disney fired a director falling prey to nazi propaganda and took a long ass time to rehire him just to save face. Businesses are run by people and people can be dumb.

I don't think this is that, but yeah
Yeah, companies can do stupid stuff, but this is the secret ending to a AAA video game DLC that cost tens of millions of dollars to make. I just can't see Square letting something like that slide unless they were completely on board with it.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
that 4chan rumor falls apart the second it mentions the Luminous engine, why on earth would they go back to that after UE4 made their lives easier for multiple internal projects. Is the FFXV team even still using it after Tabata left?

Also for what it's worth I interpreted the Yozora "this isn't what I look like" thing to be hinting at him perceiving himself with a different body, while Sora saw his true form. I dunno why I thought that, but it'd add up.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Short Answer: Basically Kingdom Hearts version of Noctis.
Long Answer: Toy World video game protagonist who is actually a real in universe character who Sora meets in Shibuya and in the Kingdom Hearts version of Limbo who has taken an oath to save Sora but is also aware of Sora as an entity that needs to be taken care of. Current appearance is affected either by Sora's memories of Yozora from Verum Rex(the video game in toy world) or perhaps is sort of like Ansem the Seeker of Darkness' affect on Riku's heart which changed his appearance, likely by a person of light as he can steal and utilize his own version of the Ultima Keyblade.

Deleted member 2229

Oct 25, 2017
that 4chan rumor falls apart the second it mentions the Luminous engine, why on earth would they go back to that after UE4 made their lives easier for multiple internal projects. Is the FFXV team even still using it after Tabata left?

Also for what it's worth I interpreted the Yozora "this isn't what I look like" thing to be hinting at him perceiving himself with a different body, while Sora saw his true form. I dunno why I thought that, but it'd add up.
Isnt Tabata's old team still using Luminous for whatever theyre working on? Dont think they totally abandoned it (yet).
Nomura is SE's Kojima. Can't bring him up without a flock of people coming in with their ridiculous hatred.
Apt comparison

Oct 25, 2017

They created a new studio focused entirely on making games for the Luminous Engine. So yes.

Can't wait to see the potential of that engine on next gen consoles. FFXV is one of the best looking games of the generation.

unholyFarmer

Jan 22, 2019
He's the male Asagi. They promised him a game, but had to endure years of dev hell. The game never came out, and was replaced by another one starring an usurper. He is now back and is going to make FFv13 happen. It might be KH versus, XV reboot, Makai Kingdom, but we are now sure that he will finally become the main character and it will be awesome.

AzureFlame

Oct 30, 2017
Kuwait
They created a new studio focused entirely on making games for the Luminous Engine. So yes.

Can't wait to see the potential of that engine on next gen consoles. FFXV is one of the best looking games of the generation.

XV models and some places look absolutely amazing but i find the Rocky areas and mountains look very ugly, they need to improve on that engine alot more, needs more colors too.

jackal27

Oct 25, 2017
Joplin, MO
Nomura isn't playing at anything. There is no greater narrative. There is no substance to any of this. He just likes flashy visuals and slick characters. If you haven't gathered this by now I don't know what to tell you.

I'm not sure why he has ever been at the front of these huge franchises, rather than working under a director that can put his strengths where they work best.

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
Prince of Insomnus, he and his friends (Gackt, Nomuru and Starella) have to get the crystal back from Tabatha and his corporate lackeys from Octagon-Enox, which was behind the assault of Insomnus in which Yozora's father (Noctos) died. He swore vengeance since that day.
The fact that I can't quite tell if this is real or not is telling.

Deleted member 48434

Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
Long Answer: Toy World video game protagonist who is actually a real in universe character who Sora meets in Shibuya and in the Kingdom Hearts version of Limbo who has taken an oath to save Sora but is also aware of Sora as an entity that needs to be taken care of. Current appearance is affected either by Sora's memories of Yozora from Verum Rex(the video game in toy world) or perhaps is sort of like Ansem the Seeker of Darkness' affect on Riku's heart which changed his appearance, likely by a person of light as he can steal and utilize his own version of the Ultima Keyblade.
giphy.gif

I want off of Nomura's wild ride.

Oct 25, 2017

visible.jpg

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some of y'all way too attached to imaginary characters and the people who created them.

DmckPower

Feb 1, 2018
FFXV is the most tragic disaster of the gen.

It killed my blind faith in SE products and is the reason why I didn't buy KH3 and probably won't buy FF7 Remake blindly on launch.

Irreparably soured me on the company and its legacy.

Oct 25, 2017
Wakayama
He's the male Asagi. They promised him a game, but had to endure years of dev hell. The game never came out, and was replaced by another one starring an usurper. He is now back and is going to make FFv13 happen. It might be KH versus, XV reboot, Makai Kingdom, but we are now sure that he will finally become the main character and it will be awesome.

Man, the ol' Asagi gag from Disgaea takes me back. XD

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
Time flies indeed.. to a point that it's scary.

As for the engine, i hope it works well for the next gen consoles, i wonder if they'll use it for FFXVI.
It can pump out gorgeous graphics, but I would only want them using it if they can ensure it doesn't muck up development. IIRC, one of the reasons VII Remake moved to Unreal was because it was easier to develop for.

FFXV is the most tragic disaster of the gen.

It killed my blind faith in SE products and is the reason why I didn't buy KH3 and probably won't buy FF7 Remake blindly on launch.

Irreparably soured me on the company and its legacy.
Eh. I didn't like XV either, but I thought XIII was far worse (does anyone know if the sequels are worth playing?) and I still am hopeful the franchise can get back on the right track.