• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Exentryk

Oct 25, 2017
Wth? Is there a full video of that ending? Edit - Found one. Cool stuff!

Last edited:

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
So...
Remember Yozora? The not!Noctis stand in?
He is the final secret boss.

Now comes the insane part, he has two endings depending if you beat him or not which leads into...trailer shot of FFVersusXIII except with Noctis model swapped for Yozora who comments that he doesn't know what is real anymore.

3my6q2.gif

I have no idea what Nomura is playing at but this is so fucking weird.

I fucking love it, Nomura the absolute madlad will never forgive Square nor Tabata for ruining his vision in the hot garbage that was FF XV

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
Is the full secret ending out there yet? This seems wild lol

also wasn't there some guy here, or on 4chan, who said this was all part of some master plan? and someone actually legit said this was happening and now it is? anyone remember what i'm talking about?

Vylder

Oct 25, 2017
I fucking love it, Nomura the absolute madlad will never forgive Square nor Tabata for ruining his vision in the hot garbage that was FF XV

And you base this on what exactly?

We have no clue how much stuff from XV is actually from Nomura. People need to stop assuming things based on nothing.

Exentryk

Oct 25, 2017
I like how Yozora said:
I accidentally wandered into this place and went through some trials. Then, I was told to "save Sora".

It's like Nomura talking about himself with his ordeal while making Versus, and then being asked to go make KH3 (save sora).

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The good thing out of this is that not only Tabata's hands can not touch FF again, but also Nomura's bullshit will be contained on KH.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
So...
Remember Yozora? The not!Noctis stand in?
He is the final secret boss.

Now comes the insane part, he has two endings depending if you beat him or not which leads into...trailer shot of FFVersusXIII except with Noctis model swapped for Yozora who comments that he doesn't know what is real anymore.

3my6q2.gif

I have no idea what Nomura is playing at but this is so fucking weird.

It means we are getting ff versus xiii...as ff versus kh

Yesssss

Vylder

Oct 25, 2017
The good thing out of this is that not only Tabata's hands can not touch FF again, but also Nomura's bullshit will be contained on KH.

Ah yeah because XV is 100% Tabata's fault, right?

We have no clue what happened during Versus XIII/XV development and yet, you guys keep being harsh towards Tabata. This is just unfair.

Deleted member 5596

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

We have no clue what happened during Versus XIII/XV development and yet, you guys keep being harsh towards Tabata. This is just unfair.

I only judge Tabata for his work and I think all of his games are mediocre or just barely good. I understand he took a very harsh situation, tried his best and possibly he did a 'good' job in terms of delivering a final product considering the mess he was handed. That said I mantain that none of his games are the quality I expect out of a FF main entry to me and that are people on SE that are better suited to direct another main game.

FFVII remake says otherwise...

Well, if he screws up VIIR we'll always have the original. But I doubt he will direct another main entry (thanks goodness)

Bomi-Chan

Nov 8, 2017
one question:

what about versus XV(which could be a stylized "Versus X Versus")
would be very cool, if there is really a chance of getting this somehow.

kh was definitely used to develop ff versus XIII, i mean back then, when this game was announced there were only 2-3kh games and everyone loved the stylized way of playing the game as well as jrpgs/randomized battles were considered a bad thing.

so i wonder, if the next ff will be something similar to 15.

seroun

Oct 25, 2018
Honestly, I'd love to see Versus XIII getting released. I think it'd be nice to know what that game would've been about.

Deleted member 6263

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Literally any other game/dev makes a wink or nod to another game they made and this would be seen as funny. Nomura does it and obviously he's still salty and has lost his mind. Some of the people in here...

I just think it's hilarious.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Literally any other game/dev makes a wink or nod to another game they made and this would be seen as funny. Nomura does it and obviously he's still salty and has lost his mind. Some of the people in here...

I for one think this is hilarious.
A lot of people like to think that Nomura has no creative freedom, got Versus XIII ripped away from him, and that he's not the boss of the biggest business division at Square-Enix, all while being allowed to do freelance work and to do some weird stuff that wouldn't be greenlit anywhere else.
It's weird.

Akainu

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Everywhere and nowhere

I mean have you not seen this mutherfucker eat those crackers?
A lot of people like to think that Nomura has no creative freedom, got Versus XIII ripped away from him, and that he's not the boss of the biggest business division at Square-Enix, all while being allowed to do freelance work and to do some weird stuff that wouldn't be greenlit anywhere else.
It's weird.
Kind of like how some people think he is some abject failure that keeps getting failing upwards?

Nov 2, 2017
Nomura had how many years to make Versus again? Fuck him. He spent all that time making more KH spinoffs and whatever other random bullshit, and he was rightfully moved off the project for spinning his damn wheels.

I was an ardent KH story defender, but, DDD, Chi and 3 have just made me completely lose interest. I have no idea how he can keep complicating the story, then just throw more shit on top of it.

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, it's not that simple.

He's making a nod to a cancelled game that was repurposed into another FF title. In a series where he could have used that same character if he so desired, but instead went with the same name meaning but in japanese (Night Sky), in a fictional game called Verum Rex (True King), with a Nameless Star saying they stole everything from her, even her name (Stella becoming Luna), in the game where Sora also inherited Noctis' unique ability, in a way. With the original secret ending tease having a modified version of Somnus, the main theme from his cancelled game and also FF XV.

This is waaaay more than just a nod. He's either hinting that he's trying to retrofit his original vision into KH or he's just expressing his salt.

Akainu

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Everywhere and nowhere
Nomura had how many years to make Versus again? Fuck him. He spent all that time making more KH spinoffs and whatever other random bullshit, and he was rightfully moved off the project for spinning his damn wheels.
Versus was supposed to be made during a time when square enix was literally on fire. Other projects like type zero also took forever to come out. We are lucky kingdom hearts games were even able to come out.

Deleted member 5596

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yozora seems to be more than a simple wink or nod since the ending makes it look that Not-Noct and modern Tokio is going to be a of important part of KH. Basically Nomura is self inserting VersusXIII into KH.

You're right thought that is hilarious.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017

I mean, a ton of the issues with that game are the exact same issues with his other games, so at some point you assume he's the issue?

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I really hope people don't think Disney will allow Nomura to turn Kingdom Hearts into a vanity project that's just a recreation of Versus XIII

They aren't gonna let the franchise that ostensibly stars Mickey Mouse turn into something focusing on an edgy anime boy who is essentially a member of the yakuza who sees dead people

My personal guess is that they'll maintain some allusions to the original concept of Versus XIII (the aesthetic of the city, the main character being a sleepy loner) but it'll still have Kingdom Hearts elements and continute to be extremely cheesy.

The best you can hope for is that Yozora heads to more "mature" worlds based on Marvel and Star Wars rather than colorful Disney locales.

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope people don't think Disney will allow Nomura to turn Kingdom Hearts into a vanity project that's just a recreation of Versus XIII

They aren't gonna let the franchise that ostensibly stars Mickey Mouse to turn into something focusing on an edgy anime boy who is essentially a member of the yakuza who sees dead people

My personal guess is that they'll maintain some allusions to the original concept of Versus XIII (the aesthetic of the city, the main character being a sleepy loner) but it'll still have Kingdom Hearts elements and continute to be extremely cheesy.

The best you can hope for is that Yozora heads to more "mature" worlds based on Marvel and Star Wars rather than colorful Disney locales.
The only way I could see this working is if Nomura and S-E are extremely commited to this "Versus Reboot" idea and just make it its own game, a new IP, with ties to KH and even its own world in KH 4, but no direct connections when it comes to the NotVersus game itself.

The issue with that is that with Yozora being introduced in KH, he officially belongs to Disney. But I guess Disney doesn't necessarily own the word Yozora, and with the dialogue of that not being his true appearance, Nomura can just make a new design and call him Yozora too.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Do they care that much about KH at this point? Disney characters have lost all relevance they once had. Anime OCs have overtaken the series, and from what I can tell, no one is telling Nomura to dial it down at all.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Fuck it.

All-in.

Just do it. Make Verum Rex as edgy and badass and filled with magical waif and bromances, and dial up those anime attacks to an 11.
At first I rolled my eyes, but since Nomura seems so damn passionate about it, I actually kinda really wanna see it. 🤣 👍

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017

In a series not shy to literally rip Final Fantasy characters, it is still absolutely hilarious that instead of... just using Noctis, he decides to use a dollar store version of Noctis with absolutely no shame. The answer is probably "well Noctis doesn't represent his true vision of HIS Not-Noctis!" or "Not-Noctis is an entirely new character despite sharing most of his appearance, a 1:1 of an older cutscene, and almost all of his powers!" but that still isn't a good look.

They aren't gonna let the franchise that ostensibly stars Mickey Mouse turn into something focusing on an edgy anime boy who is essentially a member of the yakuza who sees dead people

For maximum hilarity, I hope this turns out to be an Archie Comics situation with the Sonic the Hedgehog license, where no one is really paying that much attention to what Nomura is doing as long as he's rubberstamping the necessities (throw in Mickey, some Disney characters, done). And then some exec somewhere randomly catches a non-Disney scene and is just like ".... what in the fuck" and then gets Disney's full attention.

Not likely at all given how Disney operates, but would still be hilarious

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
Are we forgetting that in the original Versus XIII concept Stella was a ghost that literally got fridged by Noctis himself?

We don't even have to look to what Stella might have been. We could just look at the women in KH3 and how they were shoved to the side.

Nobody in KH3 was as badass as Aranea

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Do they care that much about KH at this point? Disney characters have lost all relevance they once had. Anime OCs have overtaken the series, and from what I can tell, no one is telling Nomura to dial it down at all.

KH3 is like 80% Disney with all the anime stuff at the start and end. The game is actually badly paced in that regard.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
The only way I could see this working is if Nomura and S-E are extremely commited to this "Versus Reboot" idea and just make it its own game, a new IP, with ties to KH and even its own world in KH 4, but no direct connections when it comes to the NotVersus game itself.

The issue with that is that with Yozora being introduced in KH, he officially belongs to Disney. But I guess Disney doesn't necessarily own the word Yozora, and with the dialogue of that not being his true appearance, Nomura can just make a new design and call him Yozora too.

Wait how do we know that Disney owns the rights to that specific character?

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017

Yeah this is basically the only way - essentially turning Yozora into a recursive Final Fantasy rep

I'd be all for it even as someone who likes FFXV quite a bit, Versus XIII was so fundamentally different anyway after all was said and done.

Dunno if Nomura has the power to work on three major projects at once, though.

I dunno how much Disney contributes in terms of funding and advertising, which would be the main issue, and they own the merchandise rights to the original characters (KH has funko pops, Final Fantasy does not). But given that Disney is such a giant mega corp and probably isn't as invested in the series as it was back in the early 2000s, they could ignore a lot, so long as whatever Nomura cooks up doesn't completely go against their image.

My perspective on it depends on how much Mickey Mouse and co. they'd put in whatever comes next. And if they even keep the Kingdom Hearts name attached.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
I'm still not a fan of the route KH took. Most of my issues with the franchise would have been solved if we just kept shit simple (enough) and started moving onto new characters and new stories because at this point the "lore" is so ridiculously obscenely messy that it's just shit being either made up on the fly or passed off as "big brained" when the surrounding events don't make sense to get the plot to the points he wants them to be. I mean the main villain has a phone game coming out that we have to play or watch in order to get the back story for the archnemesis of the game. It's just...so dumb.

I want to go more into how I think "Nomura Unleashed" is bad and his stories are bad and KH has turned worse and that he needs someone to reign him in, but I claim to be an advocate for creative freedom and artists making the shit they want to make, so I have to just deal with it even though I think the stories are made worse with his direction. I guess I'll get off the soapbox and just spectate on the ridiculousness that ensues.

Deleted member 23212

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Nomura's game was cancelled and they used the characters and world to make XV, but Nomura is still determined to make it happen, so he's just retconning it into Kingdom Hearts with a new character that looks like Noctis and has basically the same name but in japanese.

It's both exciting and cringeworthy.
What was even different between Versus XIII and XV?

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
the absolute mad man lol. Not that interested in KH4 but I would be interested in playing a spin off involving not Noctis. Sides I feel like this is Nomuras way of giving people a Kingdom Hearts game with less confusing plot elements. As making a entry with a new character. Is the perfect way to put some of the more confusing elements of the story on the back burner. While you have the new character explore the world.

Flame Lord

Oct 26, 2017
I thought I remember Nomura and the whole team working on Versus XIII being pushed and shoved around to different projects for years, like patching up FFXIV, and the final straw being them just having him finish KHIII. Everything I've heard makes it sound like Nomura has a ton of shit on his hands, supposedly he didn't even know he was directing the FFVII remake. the level of shit he gets from FF fans when the only thing he ever directed (co-directed, and did not write) was Advent Children seems unfair.