• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jeez, 20th anniversary? I still remember the day I picked up the first game, played it and loved it, and the rest is history.

Oct 24, 2019
Jeez, 20th anniversary? I still remember the day I picked up the first game, played it and loved it, and the rest is history.

Yeah there was something magical about that first game. One of my favorite games from childhood! I remember the night I was at a family friend's house and they introduced me to both Kingdom Hearts and Wind Waker.... blew my fucking mind

May 26, 2018
KH Square-Enix vs. Disney fighting game.

Yuna vs. Elsa. FIGHT!

CleanHonorableButterfly-size_restricted.gif

Oct 25, 2017
There should be two games in development right now based on Nomura's statements back when Remind came out. 2022 is probably going to be too soon for Osaka to get a new game out, but the other mystery team could have their game ready by then.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Hopefully the story doesnt suck by the end this time. It only got more dumb each iteration they made. Loved KH1, CoM and KH2 though. To me those 3 were very good and easy to see where the vision was until it got WAY out of hand.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
I wish they would totally reboot it. I gave up after kh 2 when i found out how many movies I have to watch and how many games I have yet to play to get to KH 3. I enjoyed gameplay and disney worlds but... i guess you understand.

Does this mean that Nomura is just going to keep working on 2 games simultaneously as was the case with kh 3 and ff vii R?

OP
OP
DNAbro

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I wish they would totally reboot it. I gave up after kh 2 when i found out how many movies I have to watch and how many games I have yet to play to get to KH 3. I enjoyed gameplay and disney worlds but... i guess you understand.

Does this mean that Nomura is just going to keep working on 2 games simultaneously as was the case with kh 3 and ff vii R?

Possibly more than 2 if he does have a connection with the rumored TWEWY2

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Surely we get a 2021 game.
They have 4 different teams, one of which is an unknown project, so most likely.

WFH may have delayed some things, but I think the initial plan was MoM for mid 2020, Another side entry (probably UX on console or Vereum Rex) for late 2021, and Kingdom Hearts 4 for 2022 to signify the 20th anniversary. KH4 may be pushed into 2023 in a post-covid world, but it'll likely be released around that timeframe.

Oct 28, 2017
Wow so that means we could see a possible teaser at the game awards in December or sometime next year if it's that's close. Consider me hyped.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
They have 4 different teams, one of which is an unknown project, so most likely.

WFH may have delayed some things, but I think the initial plan was MoM for mid 2020, Another side entry (probably UX on console or Vereum Rex) for late 2021, and Kingdom Hearts 4 for 2022 to signify the 20th anniversary. KH4 may be pushed into 2023 in a post-covid world, but it'll likely be released around that timeframe.
The new KH better not come out before FFVII Part II and FFXVI.

FunMouse

Apr 30, 2018
Gimme all the crazy KH story Nomura! I want more! I'll take another Aqua, Ventus and Terra game too please.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
It'll be interesting to see what they do for Disney worlds next go around. There's not a ton of obvious Animated Canon MIAs (Jungle Book, Moana, Ralph still seem somewhat obvious and worth getting in before going into deeper cuts) but there's plenty of Pixar and possibly Live Action choices.

Oct 27, 2017
Based on the secret ending of KH3, I fully expect Nomura to attempt to recreate FFVersusXIII in the KH universe with not-FF characters.

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
Pretty sure Nomura has stated that Sora will always be the protag of numbered KH titles. I wonder if we'll get a full Yozora game, though!

lusca_bueno

Nov 23, 2017
Come on Kingdom Hearts VR. I mean... Verum Rex.

I always imagined how cool it would be to make a game that explores a back and forth between animated and live action version of the worlds, with Verum Rex that even feels right, with the more realistic tone, imagine going between classic and remade Wonderland, specially for the 20th anniversary, it would be a great way to bring back classic worlds that also share the stage with new takes on them.

In KH3D we already had some kind of interaction between classic VS live action in The Grid, they made a point of Rinzler actually understanding when Sora calls out to him as Tron, which was never really a plot point in the movie if I recall correctly? Maybe there could be something developing on that front already, it could be the case that the live action worlds share the same space with classic ones in the sleeping realm.

Wonderland, Agrabah, Pride Lands, Space Paranoids, Beast Castle, Land of the Dragons, there are tons of worlds that could fit in that logic and create some interesting interactions due to the differences between their counterparts, and the progress in them could be tied to solving both sides of the story. Final Disney world could be Enchanted Dominion, with both Maleficents maybe clashing even.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The game reveal will be on the birthday in 2022 and the actual release will be 2032, perfect for its 30th birthday. ;)

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Bruh, just play 3 and forget about catching up.

Don't play the series for the story and you will enjoy it a lot more.

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully they let the series rest for 2021, and not reveal any new titles unless they are close-ish to release.

Deleted member 78597

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 20, 2020
After ReMind came out, Nomura mentioned 2 other teams involved in new KH projects other than Dark Road. Theatrhythm Final Fantasy's developer Indieszero is making MoM. So that means that this other project could very well be the 2022 release. I wonder what team could be making this one.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
Bruh, just play 3 and forget about catching up.

Don't play the series for the story and you will enjoy it a lot more.

It wont be total mess surely. I dont know, i feel uncomfortably when i dont understand the story/characters and so on. Should i really bother with 3? I heard that it fucked up the story even more..

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
It wont be total mess surely. I dont know, i feel uncomfortably when i dont understand the story/characters and so on. Should i really bother with 3? I heard that it fucked up the story even more..

Yes, but the gameplay got way better then release, actualy a fun game to play, but yeah forget story....

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

You played 2, you should know that that story was already totally fucked lol.

3 is good stuff, especially after they made updates to the combat post launch. Great adventure game with very high production values.

logash

Oct 27, 2017
New story and the last battle in the DLC got me hype for this. Hoping Nomura doesn't go too crazy with his one. I think that the biggest problem with previous entries is that the story went too long and got too big. You should be able to tell a good over arching story with 3 complete entries.

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017

Nomura been working on multiple projects for awhile now, they seem to have found a way to handle multiple projects by having a co-director on each game he works on

SkoomaBlade

Chicken Chaser
Oct 30, 2017
Nomura and SE seem to have learned nothing in project/time management from the last 15 years.