• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
doesnt look like they talk about Halo Wars 2 which is a shame gonna watch tho they make such amazing games.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
It was amazing to be involved in this doc... I was shocked to see I even got a special thanks in the credits which was nice of Danny to add. I'll post some of the behind the scenes photos of them filming this later today. It was a blast to see how they made these after watching all of their docs since Danny announced NoClip when he was still on Kinda Funny.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
You can really tell it's hard for Tim to dig up memories of the buyout period. He clearly wasn't coping with balancing his personal and business life, and regrets how it all fell apart.

Soviet

Oct 28, 2017
Didn't know Chris Bratt is working for/with noclip. Didn't he have his own thing?

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Didn't know Chris Bratt is working for/with noclip. Didn't he have his own thing?
He was just a one off guest host for this doc like Alanah was for the Dream Daddy doc on NoClip too.

I would love to see that!
Shall do. I'll post some up on the official CA Twitter (@CAGames) and then put some others up on my personal twitter with the story of how I found Jeremy (the NoClip camera guy) wondering the streets, lost, trying to find the CA Studio as I was literally walking to it.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Pretty cool and eye-opening documentary. Funny to hear that there's not a lot of difference between developing a fantasy Total War and a historical one, besides switching out history books for lore books and tabletop rulebooks.

Oct 27, 2017
So funny seeing Horsham in a documentary like this. Before lockdown I used to walk past their offices every day going into work.

Deleted member 29682

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
You can really tell it's hard for Tim to dig up memories of the buyout period. He clearly wasn't coping with balancing his personal and business life, and regrets how it all fell apart.

Sounds like it was a really rough time for him, and that he wishes he didn't take such a big step back from which he couldn't really return.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
I just posted some behind the scenes photos of this to the Creative Assembly twitter account for people to see:

I also took to my own personal twitter to post some other (some of the same) photos too and tell a little story about when NoClip came to film last year:

Hope some folks like these and glad people are liking the doc, it was great to be involved in it for sure! FrankHowley just so you know :)

So funny seeing Horsham in a documentary like this. Before lockdown I used to walk past their offices every day going into work.
We could have walked past each other and never known. I keep asking around CA about other Era users and no one has even heard of this fabled' ResetEra' so maybe one day I'll find someone I work with who knows of this site. At least I know there's someone else in Horsham who knows about this place.

Oct 27, 2017
I just posted some behind the scenes photos of this to the Creative Assembly twitter account for people to see:

I also took to my own personal twitter to post some other (some of the same) photos too and tell a little story about when NoClip came to film last year:

Hope some folks like these and glad people are liking the doc, it was great to be involved in it for sure! FrankHowley just so you know :)

We could have walked past each other and never known. I keep asking around CA about other Era users and no one has even heard of this fabled' ResetEra' so maybe one day I'll find someone I work with who knows of this site. At least I know there's someone else in Horsham who knows about this place.

Ha!

I've been working at a law firm in central Horsham for like 8 years now. Always see droves of you guys around often with your CA hoodies and/or satchels. I keep my ears alert on the train in just in case someone lets slip some interesting CA gossip but people are surprisingly tight lipped :lol

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Ha!

I've been working at a law firm in central Horsham for like 8 years now. Always see droves of you guys around often with your CA hoodies and/or satchels. I keep my ears alert on the train in just in case someone lets slip some interesting CA gossip but people are surprisingly tight lipped :lol
They give us so much that in return we keep our mouths shut about what we're working on. The worst is when we're all at the pub and trying to skirt around in development titles 'codenames' and such. I've only been at CA and living in Horsham for 13-14 months now but I don't see myself going anywhere for a good long while.

Oct 27, 2017
They give us so much that in return we keep our mouths shut about what we're working on. The worst is when we're all at the pub and trying to skirt around in development titles 'codenames' and such. I've only been at CA and living in Horsham for 13-14 months now but I don't see myself going anywhere for a good long while.

Aye it's genuinely a really pleasant place.

I do remember I was having work drinks in the Wabi beer garden (think it's called Brewhouse and Kitchen now) a while ago and I remember there was a whole group of CA people having a big discussion about the Sean Murray stuff back when NMS came out.

Sorry I'll let the thread get back on topic now!

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
The last time Danny was on Kinda Funny, someone in the comments was claiming he had been caught using the N-Word and they were asking why Greg dropped Colin for what he's said in the past but not Danny.

Can anyone tell me the truth on this? I really like Danny and am hoping that was just the comments of a troll.

Artdayne

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Ooh, I definitely want to watch this as Rome: Total War really turned me on to them, might be one of my favorite gaming experiences ever and I've liked a lot of their entries since then.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Awesome photos, thanks for sharing!
No problem. They actually came over to film the doc last August and we had planned with them to reveal it along with some cool events and announcements but things got shifted a lot due to COVID-19 so I've been holding onto these photos for a bit longer than I had planned - glad to get them out there.

I will say though, in my first month or two of working at CA I was added to an email chain with Danny O'Dwyer after being a NoClip fan and a fan of his for a really long time was kind of a surreal experience.

_Aaron_

Oct 29, 2017
Really interesting doc. Love hearing about the history of game devs.

Man, Mr. Ansell clearly had some rough times.

Ye, this was pretty sad hearing him describe how the stress of his personal and work life led him isolate himself and then leave.

He's clearly proud of what he built up but you can tell he has some regrets about his departure.

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
saved to watch later. I hope it talks about why Rome 2 launched like it did. I never understood how CA changed from the great quality of most of their titles to the wierd stuff that rome 2 was at launch.
CA wasn't perfect with some titles such as empire. But Rome 2 was literally unplayable at launch.
And that isn't all while ROme2 was utter crap at launch CA stuck with it for like years to make it fun again instead of moving on. Why?

Alongside this while Rome 2 was a broken mess than you had both attila and warhammer that were some of the best total war to date. What changed between Rome 2 and both of those titles?

Alonside the above i wonder if warhammer was their 1st choice for a fantasy total war. Also have they considered star wars?

Deleted member 29682

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
saved to watch later. I hope it talks about why Rome 2 launched like it did. I never understood how CA changed from the great quality of most of their titles to the wierd stuff that rome 2 was at launch.
CA wasn't perfect with some titles such as empire. But Rome 2 was literally unplayable at launch.
And that isn't all while ROme2 was utter crap at launch CA stuck with it for like years to make it fun again instead of moving on. Why?

Alongside this while Rome 2 was a broken mess than you had both attila and warhammer that were some of the best total war to date. What changed between Rome 2 and both of those titles?

Alonside the above i wonder if warhammer was their 1st choice for a fantasy total war. Also have they considered star wars?

Rome 2's launch state gets its own mini-segment, don't you worry.