• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The final installment in Noclip's series on Hades just came out!

I've loved all of Noclip's content on Supergiant, and the journey through the development of their games up to Hades has honestly been an amazing, emotional ride.

I think a lot of us have been waiting for this episode, and tbh I recommend the series on Hades to anyone who hasn't watched it yet (and all of noclip's content, tbh).

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Yeah, good series of documentaries. Really glad they got the success they did. Hades is, thus far, the only roguelike/roguelite/whatever the term is now that I've managed to ever stick with.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited to watch this. I don't actually like Hades all that much, but I'm very happy for the game's success, and getting stories of success behind the scenes is extremely refreshing.

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
This doc series definitely hits different after having playing through the finished game and seeing how much people loved it. I'm so happy for the success SGG found with Hades.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i'm in awe of hades, what a game
can't wait to see what they do next. also recently got bastion on a sale, gonna replay it soon, it's been a long time since i first played it.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Watching now, so happy for them.

GOTY 2020 and it ain't even close

Instant Vintage

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Probably my favorite game developer. Can't wait to see what they do next.

Definitely in my top 3, and honestly, the only developers I'll buy a game from sight unseen.

I've said it before: SuperGiant could drop a game about you being a horse on a merry-go-round, and I'll buy it.

Can't wait to watch this.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
im glad they show the steam dev stream at least a little

that feature always seemed weird to me but it always has so many viewers and lots of devs do it so it must work at least a bit

other small parts i thought were funny: unable to find hades on the egs by typing in 'hades' and the developers just scrolling through reviews as fast as possible to look at the number (and asking if another publication gives scores or not)

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Greg Kasavin needs to really be considered among the icons of the industry. He's been both an EIC of a major gaming site and worked for a major AAA publisher, so the amount of industry bullshit he's seen over the last two decades has to be through the roof, and him turning that into one of the best, most fun, most unique action-adventure games I have ever played is beyond words.

MaxAugust

Jan 28, 2018
Love these guys. They have done such good work for the past decade. I am so happy they have been so successful. They are such a model indie studio between their good management and excellent games.

iHeartGameDev

Feb 22, 2019
Danny covering the SuperGiant team and all of their games has literally been a dream come true. Cheers to NoClip and SuperGiant for sharing these stories. It's such an inspiration for me.

ADS

Oct 27, 2017
Hades was easily my 2020 GOTY. I'm so happy for Supergiant games, they deserve every bit of this success.

I know they've not done it before, but I'm really hoping for more Hades content (even paid DLC would be fine).

Kureizu

Oct 27, 2017
Alicante, Spain.
Really well done series, congrats to Supergiant and Noclip.

I was just thinking yesterday how exciting a Hades expansion announcement would be, even though they said 1.0 was it for the game. Like out of any kind of posible game announcement, that one would make me the happiest.

May 25, 2019
London
Watching it right now and love it. We need more behind-the-scenes stuff, it's so easy to take games for granted and forget they are made by humans sometimes.

Vommy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Just watched it. The whole documentary was such a great inside look how video games work. Couldn't have happened to a better studio. Can't wait for their next title.

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Really well done series, congrats to Supergiant and Noclip.

I was just thinking yesterday how exciting a Hades expansion announcement would be, even though they said 1.0 was it for the game. Like out of any kind of posible game announcement, that one would make me the happiest.

Yeah an expansion or sequel of some type would seriously send me over the moon. Hades is probably my top game of 2020.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Finished it and was smiling through the whole thing. As said before there really isn't a dev deserving it more more than SG. Can't wait to see what's next for them post lockdown.

desu

Oct 27, 2017
Just skipped through it, looks super awesome. Hope I get the time to fully watch it later this week.

PolygonFlux

Jan 1, 2018
I've completed Bastion and Transistor, but haven't had a chance to play Pyre and Hades properly yet. I've got Pyre on the back burner, and I'm waiting for Hades to hit the PlayStation Store.

This studio is unstoppable. They really do create some absolute bangers. I'm so pleased for them with their success. It really is great to see.

Can't wait to see what comes next.

Phabh

Oct 28, 2017
Super happy for the team. This series was one of the best inside look I've seen. The characters were all really lovable lol

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
The eyes, the emotions in Darren and Jen faces when seeing being nominated for best music and best art direction.

Its truly moving.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Such a feel-good success story for them.

My only wish would be to see Darren Korb's reaction to hearing this orchestrated arrangement of his music at the Game Awards.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This whole series is really good. Longest i think noclip has ever done. Congrats to everyone involved.

TheClaw7667

Oct 25, 2017
The eyes, the emotions in Darren and Jen faces when seeing being nominated for best music and best art direction.

Its truly moving.
Yeah, it is. Watching them react to The Game Award's is why I really dislike seeing people dismiss the awards as meaningless. Nothing meaningless in awarding people's talent and incredibly hard work, especially in the games industry where people are rarely acknowledged outside of a few individuals.

Seeing peoples' genuine emotions when they are recognized and awarded for their work is one of my favourite aspects of the award show. I know I'm in the minority here but seeing Cory Barlog barely keep it together as God Of War 2018 kept winning award after award is more memorable to me than any of the game announcements from that years award show.