• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
Still my favorite Arkane game especially including the DLC. Just a masterpiece of an interconnected, lived in, world.

Looking forward to watching this.

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Played Prey this year and was genuinely blown away; I think it's my favourite Arkane game.

Erg

Oct 30, 2017
Just went through Prey recently and was blown away. Looking forward to this.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
Just started a new game since Arkane is in the spotlight atm.

Little dubious about watching the vid as I never finished the game back in the day in spite of having 26 hours on my primary save, lol.

Guess it's too early to gauge how story-spoiler the video is?

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
Agreed. I never actually finished Dishonored or Dishonored 2, despite enjoying them. Couldn't put this one down.

Yeah I think the dishonored games very much feel like a series of great levels, whereas Prey feels closer to something like Mankind Divided or Deus Ex in general in terms of its world realization and immersiveness.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes! I was worried this doc wasn't happening anymore since it feels like it was almost 2 (?) years since they talked about it in the original Arkane doc?

Anyway, I'm so excited for this. DEATHLOOP and this doc in the same week is a treat.

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
The game is a classic as far as I'm concerned. The game could have done with a little less combat but other than that I don't have any qualms. It does so much right. Can't wait to watch this.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Currently 21hrs in, had one the longest gaming session in years last night, 2.5 hrs straight of gaming, Prey has got me hooked. Will watch this after I beat it.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
Prey 2017 really is one of the all time greats.

Just started a new game since Arkane is in the spotlight atm.

Little dubious about watching the vid as I never finished the game back in the day in spite of having 26 hours on my primary save, lol.

Guess it's too early to gauge how story-spoiler the video is?
I wouldn't watch until you've finished the game

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah going to save this for the big screen when I get off . Prey is pretty much everything I look for in video games. It still blows me away even after well over 100 hours. What they pulled off, and the way every single person on Talos I, alive or dead or other, leaves a footprint is honestly kind of absurd. Nevermind the ways in which the level design goes hand in hand with that incredible attention to detail and ambient storytelling.

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
God I love Arkane.

More than that though, I'm really happy for Harvey Smith and this company he's part of doing so well.

Been a fan of his for over two decades and seeing these new experiences and new talent all raised on the same staple diet of immersive sim experiences that he himself was part of once upon a time.

Dishonored is brilliant. Prey is brilliant. Deathloop is brilliant. So many talented people across both studios.

CaptNink

Oct 27, 2017
B.C, Canada
Finished up Prey earlier this year and right now I'm playing through Mooncrash, so this is perfect timing. I'll take a look at this later today.

Prey is a stellar game. One of my faves from Arkane. (Shit - who am I kidding. They are all my faves!)

The Traveller

Oct 31, 2017
Prey was one of the best games last gen. I hope with the good news around Deathloop people give it a chance.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
Looking forward to watching this later.

I'd recommend people finish the game before watching a video like this - the game hits harder if you don't know a lot about it going in.

People who like these sorts of games and also roguelikes should check out the Mooncrash DLC as well - but again, only after completing the main game.

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
Prey is brilliant and criminally underrated compared to the Dishonored series. My favorite game from Arkane. Will definitely watch this later.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't watch until you've finished the game

There's a chapter that's spoiler-marked near the end and a separate video that dives into the opening, so you should be alright! A lot of info on the design of the space ship, gameplay systems, enemies, etc instead of actual narrative.

Thanks, gang.

I'll likely see if I can power through before picking up the vid.

Noclip is the absolute best so I wouldn't want to miss it either way.

May 10, 2019
Will watch tonight but thanks for sharing OP. They really are an amazing game developer and I really want to play Deathloop but no PS5 yet. I loved Prey but the forced traversing near the end soured some of that love, mainly because of the load times.

Valentonis

One Winged Slayer
Oct 8, 2020
Nothing but love for Prey, it's one of the most intricately designed games I've ever played. There are so many gameplay mechanics happening at once, the game should be a complete mess, but it all flows together brilliantly.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Halfway through and it's going to take all I have not to start up Prey again. Amazing work by NoClip as always. Watching this makes me even more thankful it exists and somehow even more impressed by what Arkane pulled off.

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Oh man, I loved their previous video about the game's intro. Will have to make time for this!
Just started playing Mooncrash as well. It's nice that Prey/Arkane seems to be getting some attention lately. Chalk it up partly to Deathloop hype maybe?

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
NoClip makes such good videos. This game deserved much more commercial and critical success.

I'm so ready for Redfall.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Dope video, I'm 12 minutes in and I'm loving it. Prey's space station is pretty much the single most impressively designed setting for a video game that I've ever seen. I've felt that way since I first finished the game and I expect to feel even more strongly about that after I'm done watching this lmao.

Oct 25, 2017
looking forward to watching this later on -- it'll probably inspire a replay on prey, which i suppose i'll just do on game pass for kicks, lol (previously played it on both pc and ps4 -- don't ask)

HOTSPUR

Oct 25, 2017
Great game and retrospective. We will see if deathloop lives up to it in the end, so far it absolutely has for me.

Prey might be my personal pick for most (commercially) underrated game of all time

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
Bummed that Shawn Elliott didn't make a cameo! I miss hearing that guy talk.
It was a weird realization that he was doing his "Ralphie" character from GFW Radio for some of the voices of mind-controlled humans in the game.
At least, I'm pretty sure that's what it was - it doesn't seem to be credited. I spent a while in that area thinking "I recognize that voice" until I figured it out - though it's not a 'character' I was ever fond of.

A quick search to try and find out if it was him showed that he apparently left Arkane after the game shipped.

LetsEatSnacks

Oct 18, 2020
United States
It was a weird realization that he was doing his "Ralphie" character from GFW Radio for some of the voices of mind-controlled humans in the game.
At least, I'm pretty sure that's what it was - it doesn't seem to be credited. I spent a while in that area thinking "I recognize that voice" until I figured it out - though it's not a 'character' I was ever fond of.

A quick search to try and find out if it was him showed that he apparently left Arkane after the game shipped.

Oh! I had no idea he left Arkane.... but then I remembered he was working on the new Bioshock and for some reason I was thinking that was being developed by Arkane.

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
It's really a good thing that their next games will be on Gamepass

Prey is easily on my Top 5 games of last-gen

ThePhoque

Jun 6, 2018
Novigrad
Finished Prey when it released. It's easily one of the top 5 games of the past gen for me.
Loved everything in this game, From the atmosphere to the music, Gameplay to the story. Everything was stellar.
This and Dishonored 2 are some of the best games of this past gen. Will watch the Documentary now.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
It's really a good thing that their next games will be on Gamepass

Prey is easily on my Top 5 games of last-gen

I'm hoping Game Pass gives them the freedom to do a Prey 2 or just make the games they want without the pressure to find the type of audience a Triple A budget demands under the traditional sales model.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
Cross-posting from the Deathloop OT - there's more Noclip content about Arkane coming next week:

Astrates

Sep 13, 2020
I do love a good NoClip documentary.

I have tried to play Prey a few times and I just can't get into it for reasons I don't quite understand.

I take it to be a failing on my behalf completely though. Everything about it screams quality

Cousin From Boston

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Nov 21, 2017
Just finished Prey a couple weeks ago, it's a terrific game. I kept seeing people on Era talk it up and it didn't disappoint. It's got me interested in Deathloop for sure, even after being put off initially but all the marketing.