• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Eq0CHkTU0AAjXFy.png

"Wow, Mr. Imagawa! I look forward to working with you again this year!"

"I look forward to working with you again this year! ☺︎"

May 19, 2020
before you people who can't act normal 1 day in your life go crazy: they do the hobonichi merch every year and that is what the statement is referring to

belairjeff

J->E Localization
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
今年もよろしくお願いします
is just a typical after New Years greeting that coworkers or people that have worked with each other in the past say to each other.

nothing to see here.

Oct 25, 2017
Really hate to be a party pooper here, but the phrase he used, 今年もよろしくお願いします (Kotoshi mo Yoroshiku Onegaishimasu) is a standard New Years greeting in Japan. It doesn't really mean anything outside of "I ask kindly of you in the new year". While it *can* be used in the context of working together with someone, there is no way that translate as such in this context. It just as well can be used in place of "happy new year".

OP
OP
JB2448

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Really hate to be a party pooper here, but the phrase he used, 今年もよろしくお願いします (Kotoshi mo Yoroshiku Onegaishimasu) is a standard New Years greeting in Japan. It doesn't really mean anything outside of "I ask kindly of you in the new year". While it *can* be used in the context of working together with someone, there is no way that translate as such in this context. It just as well can be used in place of "happy new year".
Thank you, much appreciated. I'll go ahead and lock this then.

cvxfreak

DINO CRISIS SUX
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Closing this thread as per OP request. (And FarmboyinJapan is correct; the greeting is standard and indicates absolutely nothing about what someone will do in the new year)

Status
Not open for further replies.