• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
Nobody told me that fucking Rave Racer finally came home.

well, at least in this form. The Arcade1up Ridge Racer. 5 games. RR, RR2, Rave Racer and the two Ace Driver games.

Rave Racer is the game we get taunted/teased with, for years and years now. A canceled PC port for PowerVR accelerator cards in 1996.

Then PSP Ridge Racers in the mid 2000s with both existing Rave Racer tracks plus 2 exclusive ones that were not in the 1995 arcade game. Yey no Rave Racer physics. And recently a -$700 Arcade1up cab with the actual Rave Racer game.

Fuck me, I want that Arcade1up, and there's one at my local Best Buy. Fuck.

OP
OP
SharpX68K

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
I swear to god I sometimes have dreams that I'm in an arcade or amusement park, and Rave Raver is there, but its a roller coaster ride that you play while on the ride. I know it's all because of the wild jumps, banked turns and the undulating track of the City course and how that all has a place in my subconscious.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Namco not releasing home ports of RR and RR* when consoles got powerful enough is travesty.
Give me my 4k - 120fps Ridge Racer you cowards.

* also CC and DD (as in Cyber Cycles and Dirt Dash)

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
The ridge racer cab is $100 off at best buy right now. And it's gotten pretty solid reviews across the board. Tons of reviews on YouTube.

KC-Slater

Oct 26, 2017
Toronto
I heard they have leaderboards but I didn't see anything about multiplayer be it onlinr or local.

Interesting. Seems like a missed opportunity. Having 2 or 4 of these (or Daytona USA) for linked local multiplayer would be incredible. To me personally, the experience of having a dedicated, accessible multiplayer experience offsets the cost and commitment of owning multiple units of the same game. It provides an experience that sort of exists outside of any console racing port, and really translates the casual arcade experience.

Futaleufu

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Interesting. Seems like a missed opportunity. Having 2 or 4 of these (or Daytona USA) for linked local multiplayer would be incredible. To me personally, the experience of having a dedicated, accessible multiplayer experience offsets the cost and commitment of owning multiple units of the same game. It provides an experience that sort of exists outside of any console racing port, and really translates the casual arcade experience.

You'll only get multiplayer the day MAME supports it.

Isamu

Dec 18, 2017
Downtown Rave City
I'd prefer a Rage Racer remake in UE5.

Speaking of Rage Racer, check out what I got in the mail recently :)

20220427-052807.jpg

20220427-053033.jpg

20220427-053312.jpg